lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
JC Events proudly presents:

juggle The 29th European Juggling Convention juggle

Non-Https Image Link

EJC 2006

Dates: July 9th - 15th 2006

- Note: campsite is open for the nights of the 9th to the 15th inclusive - ie, people leave on Sunday 16th July.

Green Glens Arena,

Millstreet

Co Cork

Republic of Ireland

Thanks to all who pre-registered hug

On site registration

Prices:

7 days (including camping)

€120 adults (17 years and over)

€60 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

1 day

€20 adults (17 years and over)

€10 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

Just turn up and register at the door.

biggrinPLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE biggrin

For EJC Ireland 2006, we have secured the use of the largest indoor

hall in Ireland, with plenty of fields for tents, camping and fun, all

on the same site. We realise that the dates are significantly earlier

than many of you were expecting, but if we held the EJC in August, as

in previous years, we would be unable to use a site of this quality.

Our priority is to deliver a great convention, and that is what we are

concentrating on doing!

Now added to the website :

Travel Information

Photos of the hall

Accommodation Options

Forums now added - arrange lifts to Millstreet, and chat about the EJC here!

Please direct any questions or comments to info@ejc2006.net

We look forward to seeing you all here!

Slán,

Helen

New on the website, 24th June 2006:

At the door prices here

Programme for jugglers

Public events programme

Even more artists

2 weeks to go juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle

EDITED_BY: Helen_of_poi (1152385531)

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Joe...

Nice to see you posting on here!

There's going to be some amazing poi performances at the EJC...
Just you wait smile

Getting to the other side smile

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well i just got a ticky that puts me in shannon!!! somehow that was the cheapest ticket. i wanted to come visit hoppers in dub-land but there you have it. now off to the hostel search! anybody want to storm a hotel room in shannon on the 8th? gabe? purple? andy? snorkle? razmataz?
I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKY!!!!
*runs around in circles like a spaz*

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Arashi...

Galway is about an hour and a half away from shannon and you can get on the bus outside of the airport...

Dublin is about 4 1/2 hours away... Head for Limerick on the bus outside the station then Dublin

Cork is about 2 1/2 hours away... Limerick Cork...

Galway is the cheapest, closest and coolest wink

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
bounce

See you soon mister arashi
X

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i dunno, i'm sure if i was planning on doing anything but sleeping after 20+ hours of flying then it would be smart to ride to galway, but i think i'll just pass out for as long as possible in shannon. are you saying shannon is boring and i should go to galway to pass out? i'm confused...

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Shannon is a ghost town... nuthin doin...

So yeah, I reckon jumping a bus is the way to go... then you can sleep on our floor...

smile

Love is the law.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
update! thanks for the offer ado-p but things just flipped

so now my flight has me going through dublin for a layover on the way to shannon, i suppose i could just get off the plane and stay in dublin... but i'm very tight on my budget and shannon is closer. obviously i'd like to stay with one of you guys, but how much would it take for me to get from dublin to ejc?

otherwise i suppose i'll do ado-p's floor! even though i think i'll be a zombie by the time i get there. less flying on the 8th does have its charm.

also, anybody still got a spare tent? and are we really sleeping on a huge convention center floor?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
For Arashi, and anyone else interested (see the map below for locations):

Lisa and I live in Bangor (on the right hand side of Northern Ireland (marked by the pink line), above Newtownards)...

A few days before the EJC, Garthy and his yellow van crew are heading over to stay with us.

A few days later, Lisa will be going to Dublin.

On the 6th/7th or 8th (not yet decided), Garthy and I (and anyone else from the north wishing to join our happy little convoy), will be heading down to Tara.

Tara is the ancient seat of the high kings of Ireland - a very special place of beautiful energy where the irish spinners meet up every now and again. It's just above Navan on the map (follow the map down from Bangor, on the way to Dublin, you will find Meath).

We'll stay there for a night, or two, soaking up the peace, until Lisa (and anyone else she collects) comes up from Dublin to meet us... however, we'll need to know how many there will be, to make sure there are enough spaces in the cars.

Then, we'll all head down to the EJC.

If you find Tralee on the map (bottom left-hand side) and Cork (bottom most city) and draw a line between them - Millstreet would be in the middle of that line.

Shannon is just above Millstreet, Arashi... and Galway is above that again.

It entirely depends on yourselves, what you want to do...

Either way, we'll see you in Millstreet hug

Non-Https Image Link

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
 Written by: arashi

also, anybody still got a spare tent?

Read: Hot chicks, I am easy.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
ooh FurryPurple - I am in that bunch of people getting a lift with Garthy from Bristol- I didn't really know where we were all going, but that sounds great!
*bounce!*

oooh! Toooooooo exciiiiiiiiiiitted!!!!!

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:

Arashi

You might be as well off to get off in dublin. Its the Hub to everywhere in Ireland. North (Belfast) South (Cork) West (Galway)

The cost to get from Dublin to Cork is about the same as getting from Galway to Cork.. Galway is a little bit closer but not much. Plus if you get of in shannon its twenty euro for the bus to galway... but there may be a chance to score a lift to cork from there...

Who wants to hire a bus!!! Rock!!!

Just make sure if you get off in dublin you get the local bus service into town... number 16... seriously guys... this bus is €1.20 . The 'Airport Bus' Is something like three or four times that price. And do not get a taxi unless you have loads of cash. It would pay for a bus trip to galway.

Here are some relative distances and costs based on the bus service. If anyone is on a budget, do not under any circumstances get on a train.... smile

Dublin - Cork. Five hours. Thirty Euro

Dublin - Belfast. Four/Five hours Thirty Euro

Dublin - Galway. Four hours. Thirty Euro.

Shannon - Cork. Two hours ish. Twenty Euro.

Shannon - Galway One hour and a Half. Twenty Euro

Shannon - Limerick. Thirty minutes. Less than ten euro.

Limerick - Cork. Two Hours this the Galway Shannon Limerick Cork Route.

Limerick - Dublin. Three, Four or Five hours depending on traffic. Twenty Five Euro.

prices based loosley on these guys + - five bucks www.buseireann.ie

www.aircoach.ie This bus service is often less than half the cost of the one above... If you can get it. Do... More leg room.. less stops.. Nicer drivers.

Thats about as much as i can sqeeze out of my brain for this morning.

EJC... In Ireland. Amazing smile

Love is the law.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Arashi,

I'll ask around to see if anyone is driving down to Millstreet from Dublin on that date. There probably will be something we can sort out.

Can't believe it's so soon now

bounce bounce bounce

Can't believe i still have so much work to do...

(why is there no stressed graemlin?)

Helen_of_Poi

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hug for Helen...

You going out to tara next weekend?

go on go on go on...

you coming to limrick this weekend?

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
?!

Aidan... I'm pretty sure your bus details between Belfast and Dublin are fairly off... but Lisa will be along in a while to explain...

Anyways...

Hurrah biggrin

It might be a good idea to get a wee list going, so we know who's coming...

Tara trip to the EJC:

Eveish
Andrea?
Garthy (who else is coming with you?!)

Take care x

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ado-p

Here are some relative distances and costs based on the bus service. If anyone is on a budget, do not under any circumstances get on a train.... smile

Dublin - Belfast. Four/Five hours Thirty Euro

eek

Aidan, i'm not sure where you think Belfast is, but it certainly does not take 4-5 hours. I travel up and down between Belfast & Dublin almost every fortnight and it takes 2 and a half / 3 hours tops, and the ticket is €18 return. As far as I know one-way is €12.

The price to Cork is €18 too, although this one can take up to 5 hours.

Anyways.... can't wait to see you all biggrin

And Andrea, I have a beautiful pair of purpley flags ready & waiting for your arrival smile

See you all soon hug

Lisa peace

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Tara trip to EJC- count me in, and my pal Zamir too...

Thanks for all the info you guys,!!!! and the map rocked, now I seem to have it all sort of located in my head at least a wee bit better!

Yay! Flags! I will bring some lovely beaded necklaces, but if we decide to trade for silver work we should design it together Faberge... Dont know enough about your style to guess sizes, stones etc! Pm me? Or shall we design when I see ya?

smiles,
A

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
duuuuh.

i just realised if i get off in dublin then my backpack would keep going to shannon w/o me! i need to get on the phone and find out if i can get my bags sent to dublin lol

tara would be awesome but is lisa staying in tara overnight or just meeting up for the caravan to millstreet?

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
i plan to be at tara with the rest of you, i just have to leave belfast for dublin a couple of days ahead of the rest of the posse, have stuff to do in dublin on the 4th, so i'll meet up with whoever's going to be at tara and we'll take it from there... hee hee hee! can't wait bounce

andrea, we can design something together, that'll be more lovelyness to look forward to smile

peace

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
So a few quick things...
Anybody who's pre-reg'd in Ireland should have received a confirmation email - if not, it's probably because I don't have a valid email address for you... my contact details are at https://www.eja.net/en/list.html
Email is better than phoning as then I have your contact details written down!

I've also put up a pdf of all (that I could think of) the different methods of public transport to get to Millstreet (from Dublin, Cork, Farranfore (Kerry airport) and Shannon) - along with the prices of tickets (mainly return if I can remember correctly) - note that return tickets in Ireland tend to be much cheaper than 2 singles... and most return tickets are open month returns.
This is available at https://www.maths.tcd.ie/~deetoher/gettingthere.pdf

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fabergé

eek

Aidan, i'm not sure where you think Belfast is, but it certainly does not take 4-5 hours. I travel up and down between Belfast & Dublin almost every fortnight and it takes 2 and a half / 3 hours tops, and the ticket is €18 return. As far as I know one-way is €12.

The price to Cork is €18 too, although this one can take up to 5 hours.
peace

Belfast? Its right up there by Iceland right? wink

The prices change. You can get to cork for 8 euro between monday and friday off peak too...

I'd only had two hours sleep that day. The rest of them could well be off by an hour or a few quid aswell...

*off to book his holidays*

Love is the law.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
hey i'm getting ready to change my flight anyways, should i go ahead and try to fly in to dublin for the adventure? is there room? it might be more expensive, i'll check; but is there still room if i can work it out? rrrrrreply a.s.a.p. Please hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Do you mean our little adventure to Tara?

Or an entirely different adventure?

Arashi... I think you have a couple of options (depending on when you arrive?)...

1. Fly into Dublin, then get a connecting flight to Belfast (rather expensive). Extra journey time, with transfers etc, will be about 2 hours. I'll collect you at the airport, you can stay in our house, go on a few local touristy missions, then travel down with me to Tara and Cork.

2. Fly into Dublin, then get Aircoach bus from outside the airport door to Belfast. Extra journey time should be about 3 hours. Cost: 12 euro. I'll collect you in Belfast, and you can stay with us etc... and travel down.

3. Fly into Dublin. Ask one of the lovely Dubliners if you can stay at theirs. Shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure someone will look after you! When you arrive, you can decide when you want to travel out to Tara (or somewhere else closer), and we'll pick you up en route to Cork (you'll probably have to take a bus to meet us though - as I won't be going in to Dublin).

4. Fly into Dublin. Ask one of the lovely Dubliners if you can stay at theirs. Find a Dubliner who is driving out to Cork (there must be someone!) and travel with them. Best bet for this is to post in the Irish thread... or on the EJC website.

So then. Mister Arashi, poi dancer from Texas, USA, it's time to make up your mind.
Which of these lovely options will you choose?

(or something else, I haven't thought of?)

biggrin

Take care
x

PS: Oops... yes, I suppose it would be good to get lifts sorted out too...

Andrea and her friend will be here too. And Lisa and I. And Garthy and Eveish.

Garthy, do you lots of extra room in the yellow van?
Can you fit in a Texan?

He's quite skinny smile ubbangel

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
i'm sure we can fit in a skinny texan

arashi, fly to dublin, stay with a dub if you're there early (i'll sort you out with somewhere to stay if someone else doesn't offer sooner) and meet up with us for our adventure out to Tara. it's an exquisite place. smile

then we can all head to millstreet together for adventure number 2 ubbrollsmile

good gracious i can't beleive it's just over two weeks to go eek

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
we'll have floor/couch space for anyone that wants to stay.. im organising a big group thats getting the first train from heuston (around the corner from the flat) on sunday. so if you want space to crash on arashi, please pm me.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
 Written by: doctor_fandango

...if you want space to crash on arashi...

I read this as space to crash on (as in on top of) Arashi ubblol

Helen_of_Poi

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Don' suppose anyone has any room to bring down a whole bunch of crazy stuff for me?
will make my own way down but the list of equipment gets bigger all the time

2x 16 inch diameter sun spheres
ammo box with poi
bob the transexual wheel of death
the burning man (who does a little dance)
six man tent

I only have two arms, can only carry so much to/from the train and i will look very silly trying to manage it all myself.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
 Written by: Helen_of_poi

Written by: doctor_fandango

...if you want space to crash on arashi...

I read this as space to crash on (as in on top of) Arashi ubblol

[sarcasm] nu hu hu [/sarcasm]

sory fishey, i already had to turn down Dee, she's looking for someone to take a crap load of stuff for her to be making cookies.

when do you plan on heading down to EJC land anyways? since you have your censoredth birthday on the sat night
EDITED_BY: doctor_fandango (1151061060)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Now theres an invitation you cant refuse.

'Who would you like to crash on' ubblol

So whats the craic then...

Is there a list of people and dates for Tara? Sounds like a loverly twirly fest... We might head over and meet you guys there if there is time...

go arashi... dublin is a much better option for you i reckon... you wont be short of a place to crash there and its easy to get everywhere else to boot..

Love is the law.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Arashi, have pm'ed you. I'm ready to leave Dublin on the 6th. Still not sure what the plan is yet...but am open to suggestions and hypnosis...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I've arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJC is so soon!
juggle hug smile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Page: ......