lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
JC Events proudly presents:

juggle The 29th European Juggling Convention juggle

Non-Https Image Link

EJC 2006

Dates: July 9th - 15th 2006

- Note: campsite is open for the nights of the 9th to the 15th inclusive - ie, people leave on Sunday 16th July.

Green Glens Arena,

Millstreet

Co Cork

Republic of Ireland

Thanks to all who pre-registered hug

On site registration

Prices:

7 days (including camping)

€120 adults (17 years and over)

€60 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

1 day

€20 adults (17 years and over)

€10 teenagers (12 - 16 years)

Children under 12 FREE

Just turn up and register at the door.

biggrinPLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL KEEP UPDATING THIS PAGE AS MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE biggrin

For EJC Ireland 2006, we have secured the use of the largest indoor

hall in Ireland, with plenty of fields for tents, camping and fun, all

on the same site. We realise that the dates are significantly earlier

than many of you were expecting, but if we held the EJC in August, as

in previous years, we would be unable to use a site of this quality.

Our priority is to deliver a great convention, and that is what we are

concentrating on doing!

Now added to the website :

Travel Information

Photos of the hall

Accommodation Options

Forums now added - arrange lifts to Millstreet, and chat about the EJC here!

Please direct any questions or comments to info@ejc2006.net

We look forward to seeing you all here!

Slán,

Helen

New on the website, 24th June 2006:

At the door prices here

Programme for jugglers

Public events programme

Even more artists

2 weeks to go juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle juggle

EDITED_BY: Helen_of_poi (1152385531)

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for a fantastic week!! Especially the EJC team bounce (and extra special thanks to the weather organiser. Amazing weather - got back into work today and people kept complimenting my tan and thought i was lying when i said i'd been to Ireland!!)

Was so good seeing everyone again, and meeting lots of lovely people.

I think it'd take me forever to say thank you to everyone individually or say all the best parts of the convention (which was everything). hug2 to all.

Oh and we managed to peg an airsteward on our flight back (bumped into many jugglers at the airport so wasn't alone bounce ).

Bring on Greece indeed (and more liquorice vodka? ubbangel ubblol )

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
my first EJC ubblove

it will not be my last biggrin

with the combination of the people, the location, the talent, the pings, the pongs...........

quite possibly the best ever convention ive been to - thanks to the lot of ya grouphug

UCOF - i sooo hope you got home today and didnt have to go to dublin frown - hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
I had an extremly stressful time tring to get home.....all of the bank machines were outta order so i didnt have the money for the train....but thank god i found space in Gareths car so got a lift back to belfast.......just wanted to say again what a fantastic weekend, the weather, the people the booze the jugglyness.....im having serious withdrawl symptoms smile still not used to sleeping in a bed yet....LOL

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh To all
Hope every1 got home or to their next destination safe (thankfully Billy the van made it all the way back in 1 peice and has delivered me in time for the flight over to Austria for the next SOLAR gig!)
Sorry to all those I didnt connect with - which was petty much every1!!! Its a hard time for me at the mo with SOLAR relations and I usually curl up into my shell, at these moments in my life - so if I seemed like a moody, non-chatty bar-steward - it wasnt to do with you!!!
It was however a pleasure to meet (however briefly) those of you, who I did meet.
Hope you enjoyed the Whip workshop and SOLAR Fire show - it was much fun and Thanks to those that gave their feedback - any more both positive and critical are appreciated on this forum or on our site at www.projectsolar.co.uk
I look forward to next year where hopefuly my head and heart will be (in some way!!) sorted!!
Peas, Love and a Van full of Pegs to you all

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
bounce

not my first convention, but my first ejc!!!.....and I just loved it! the people, the props, the inspiration, in the end even the weather.....the pings, the pongs, the liquorice vodka (thx antti....and we didnt forget to offer it to other people as well, actually we offered it to everyone who we started chatting to and even told them that they should think of you for a second while drinking this loverly black finish vodka thing!)etc.

dont even know where to start as my mind is still so full of inspiration and impressions, but first I wanted to say that i found a pitchblack hat in my luggage and some pair of poi, quite old monkeyfists.....button handles....etc.

apart from that:

@gabe: I was so loverly and nice and wicked to finally meet you....and big huggy thx for the smell of roses on my body.....and the vitamin c tabletts....and your smile and the music.....and you for being therekiss

@ado-p & amelie: my loverly cuties.... it was so wonderful to see you again.......and I really love your way of playing your toys, both of you!!! amelie, for me YOU rock the hoop and as I know a bit of staff as well as I started spinning staff before poi....adan: your staff playing is so wonderful and beautiful to watch......keep on rockin you two honeys!

@molly& boyfriend, who did this plate spinning in the final fire show on friday..: thx for the badges, I hope your chest got better, this bruise thing from the tea...still a groupi?!?

@mr.monkey, bovril, garthy....alice....and all the others from the english crowd: wicked to see you again as well, thx for the afternoon five a clock coffee with this funny cigarette thing ........and a überhug for garthy for the lift to the airport! .....bovril for the balloons.....and for their way of spinning their toys as well!!!

@james, was lovely to see you again,........even though i think i didnt see you spinning,...... what did i do to miss you .....no hang on I gave you my juggling balls and al least can remember you juggling!

@arashi, for the ......and your being...and the fire thing you did in the beginning of the show in the firegarden on friday with the candles (?) or whatever that was, not your poi! and for your smile and your aura!

@andy & nick & dan: wonderful to see you cuties again as well, thx for all the massages you gave me, the one who's meant will know, for showing me more poiiiiiii things....for the one-handed things....all the hugs and some kisses, just on the cheek or the forehead or the head.....miss you guys already, but you know you're always welcome at mine in case you're around,... i'm even willing to cook sth, esp. for andy as you did loose weight boy wink oooohhhhhhh and i nearly forgot the tigerbalm....spank how could that happen....??? aukay, a huge thx for dan and his tigerbalm and for our tigerbalm yoga session we did, i just loved it!!!

@antti: thx for just seeing you again and the liquorice vodka...and your performances .....and your smile....and all the finish, even as i just understood a few things

@nicola & stefan: for the whole journey and that you finally convinced me to go there with you,....and for the hugs,...and the tips on how to move the body while playing poi.....all you knowledge and being...and your smiles and hugs as well,.....hope you're still having fun wherever you may be......stay in touch,

@andrea: big thx to you honey, for the meeting in the shower one day, for your smile and the cinnamon vodka....and for finally meeting you in person....I will send you those pics of my installation sooooooooooon

@someone (claus): big thx for the poistrip you did on friday night to earn some chocolate.......clap

@cadena: überthx for the massage workshop you did and for showing us how to do it better....and for the lovely feeling of your massages.....and for seeing you again...and for bringing the hung

and for dean, my juggling "teacher".......and to everyone else I just forgot at the moment, but that doesnt mean your out of my mind......just thx to everyone who made the ejc to what it was this year....!!!!

@simon, alice, antti, garthy (?): whoever can remember on this liquorice vodka suggestion with this fire spinn strip thing........promised is promised, but i didnt promise it properly, i cant even remember how that idea came up, ....i just remember antti going back to his tent to get this liquorice vodka...and suddenly this idea was born.....so I will keep that in my mind, try to practice, in case thats possible at all, and one day .........i show it to you guys......with or without antti volunteering

in case i forgot sth.......wasnt on purpose....

thx to you all again,

hug

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
ooohhhhhhh shame on me!!!

how could i forget ronan and maddi....sorry....i definitely am or was happy to see you two lovelies again as well, überhug to you two and big thx to ronans family for the whole week of supporting me with their fabulous food, you really helped me surviving the week with my flue in the first few days! :kiaa: grouphug

hope to see you guys again ....as soon as possible....so what are you up to in the next months???

....and actually a BIG thx for the whole ***CAMP HULA BOOGIE***

hug

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Big up the EJC organisers, without who all peeps wouldnt have had such an amazing time.
Lost props: I found some monkey fist also - also old also button ends!!
A tripod, some random stuff and your pressies Luke - shame on u
Any1 think they might be theres see me at Bristol Convention - good incentive to get your arses to the 2nd best convention of the year - well maybe 3rd bect after New Zealand's too!!!
Oh and Arashi - you can suck the monkey(fist) poo outta my arse for not making yourself clear when you called me and asking for Andy!!!!
Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
FireNix, I think the monkey fist you found are andy's, he mentionned losing some that fit that description...
xoxo
a
ps it has been way, waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy toooooo long, man.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
hmmn, maybe that was ma'tina that has his poi? ah well, they travel...

love to all you guys, and so much thanks for a wonderful time!

-highlights include discovering the lengths a certain gorgeous man will go to for chocolate;) I really should have accepted the backstage pass, yes for next time!!! Thanks for sharing your chocolate with me the next evening, and without prostitution!

Pink and I will declare ourselves the winners of the peg war with Luke and Si- thereby demonstrating chocolate is more powerful than jihad, and lemur tactics rule!!

-thanks for my lovely silly birthday gifts from the most gorgeous girls Alice and Ma'tina, and for all the fun with Emily and 2bags. I still suggest eating dessert first, and always will. Good luck with all your projects!

-Aidan ,Amelie,and Maddi, you are soul kin, beautiful radiant people. I love you so much and can not wait to see you again!That trip together was a blast. Plans on the move...

-James, and Si, thanks for letting me be such a tent whore! But we needed the body heat, now didn't we winkxoxo

-Camp Hula Boogie- all of you- you rock!!!!

So, I am in the airport, headed back to Canada today. Taking all I learned and spreading it, merriliy pegging people on the way!

much happiness

a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

TheDeeSILVER Member
47 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for coming to Millstreet... it was all the lovely people there who helped to make it such a great experience!!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
GET BEHIND THE LINE! biggrin
Thanks Dee, thanks Ejc team, thanks everyone.

micoBRONZE Member
freedom in chains
176 posts

Posted:

Great to meet you at last Beth! And what a place to meet ubbrollsmile

The organisers should be very proud, and the jugglers
too!

Written by: Beth

Mick, thankyou for teaching me ubercool ropedart tricks

Hey, thanks for making me feel good about the few tricks
I knew! I am inspired, so maybe I can come up with another
for you..

(I am now monkeyfist crazy and making rope dart to play
with for tonights meet biggrin)

Let me know as soon as you're in oxford, for what ever
reason, and we'll swap tricks some more hug

~peace is a fire~

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
hug to everyone.

Good times, good times. biggrin

And very nice to meet several of you that I handn't yet met.

Biggest ups to Mr DSS for chasing me down after having forgotten my fire bowl.

Shout out to the boogiers. CHB4LIFE.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
happy days, happy days.. check the EJC2006.net website for some cool pics of the site and people. great first EJC fr me (and many of the other irish jugglers who never bother leaving the country to juggle) but definitely not my last. hope to see many of you over in Greece in 2007

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Can't seem to find the photos on the EJC site.... where should I be looking?

hug hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
clap Cheers Cole! hug

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
thanks for all!! just this!! ubblove

i love ireland. i love ejc. i love spinners from all around the world, i love sunshine,...
i love ... ubblove

love josh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Reward for information leading to the capture of this man..

eek

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
ubblol
Captain super-peg?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
raise your hand if you think helen looks SUPER HOT in that piccy!! wave
yum yum!!

now to go scour ejc sites until i find pics of the french girl to heartache over...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Finally emerges from sleep....

What a week. Thank you spinners, and thank you sunshine sunny

Some really nice photos here. Please post all of yours, and send links - I'm still waiting for the DVD to see most of the shows - send me pics to show what actually happpened!

A really big list of thanks:

Lee, Dap, Cat, Stephen, Garry, The Dee, Cormac - the crew who held it all together hug

Luke, Gina, Viv, Rob - the Solar crew who did such an amazing job at Fireland all week

My brother Steve who has no interest in juggling or spinning but pushed wheelie bins uphill for us for a week for some reason.

Clare for help, advice, and the Emerald Circus show which i'm looking forward to seeing one of these days hug

Liam for tirelessly carrying things for us all week

Barry for the Massacres

Nick Woolsey - workshops, open stage, bin duty...is there any end to this man's talents? smile

Arashi for workshops, great wiggling in the fireshow, and for trying to find answers to problems that shouldn't have arisen in the first place hug

Annti and Tommi of Rubberheart Duo for making me want to pick up my staffs for the first time in ages

Aidan for hugs, maps and help

Amelie, Lisa, Ronan, Helene and all the Irish spinners who helped, supported and inspired us along the way

Martin who started me doing poi in the first place, and is thus to blame for the whole thing

All the spinners from all over the world who came, spun, pegged, helped, cleaned, hugged, laughed...

All the people who i've forgotten to thank in the blur of my memories

All the people who i was rude to by drifting off to listen to the voices in my head....

And to the 2,500 people who made it all worthwhile - i haven't even included the many many jugglers i have to thank on this list, as they don't read here much...

Helen_of_Poi

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Jugglers?

Oh yeah... I remember them. They were the folks in that big hall that I never really hung out in.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol ditto

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
my mum and dad took some photos smile

they are here:

https://www.earlwalker.org/EJC.htm

wave juggle weavesmiley kiss

anyone know if i can still get a t-shirt...?

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Yes, i know if you can still get a t-shirt...and the answer is probably. We have some more on order, and i think we ordered a few spare. We'd have to work out how you would pay us for it, but it could be arranged.

Incidentally, for any of you who do have t-shirts, and have washed them (ie, those of you who don't smell)...Did they wash ok, or did you have any problems? I know there have been issues with some of them, and i've been speaking to the suppliers about replacing them. More on that when i know what the story is, but i just need to know roughly how many t-shirts in the original batch were affected.

Cheers hug

Helen_of_Poi

761 posts

Posted:
*hand in the air* yeah mine was afected, LN's too. the 'ta siad ag teacht' ones didnt have any problems, but the logo on the green ones did go a bit flaky after a wash.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Our first set of photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/drewandmithi/sets/72157594213035001/

there be a few hoppers there smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hi Helen...

Well done lady - wicked convention, and it was great to be a part of it.

My t-shirt went a bit flakey in the wash also...

Lovely pics everyone
x

Getting to the other side smile

761 posts

Posted:
helen, just wondering if those press pics that we did in town were ever used in any newspapers.. wouldnt mind getting some articles for the auld scrap-book.

Page: ...