• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

thegreatBJ

Woman! Not gay Man!

Total posts: 332
Posted:I bought a canvas to do a wax resist painting (this means you put down something waxy like oil pastels or wax crayons and then paint ink over it and the canvas soaks up the ink but the wax doesnt... it looks really good if its done properly) turns out the canvas I bought was treated against inks and watery stuff... I asked at the shop if it was and they said they didnt know so now Im stuck with a crap looking picture thats due in for tuesday and missing a tenner

Im also likely to fail this bit of coursework (or at least get a bad mark) because one of my teachers is really tight about it being in on time and there is no possible way this can be sorted out for tommorow

I think Im gonna ask the nicer teacher to give me a bit longer and see what we can do about it

anyone got any suggestions or a hug?

I AM NOT A GAY MAN!

Delete Topic

alien_oddity

alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 7193
Posted:hug do you mean battik(sp) art???

i did that at school and it was fun, messy but fun i could be wrong....usually amhug

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:did you look at the label on the canvas? Usually it'll say what it's suitable for. Sounds like you've bought one for acrylics and oils. Water colour canvas would be best for what you're trying to achieve smile

Battik is textiles no? On material?

either a metallicy or white arcylic water proof substance that you draw onto material with, making sure that there are no gaps in the lines, then fill in the gaps in the lines with ink.

Or am I thinking of sometimes else..

*presses the 'art geek mode' off button*

EDITED_BY: *Aime* (1131384254)

Delete

polythene

veteran

Total posts: 1359
Posted:If you can't sort anything out, or only just get started on a new piece, at the least take the ruined one in to back up your story. Tell them you were supplied with the wrong thing, and show them any new start you've made to try and catch up. If they see that it's genuine, they may be more understanding than you think... good luck smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Delete

DrBoo
BRONZE Member since Oct 2005

DrBoo

I invented the decaffinated coffee table.

Total posts: 453
Posted:That is good advice, Polythene (your avatar is sooo cute btw)

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

Delete

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:Oooo yes. Is this GCSE art?
If you say give evidance of re-doing stuff becase you fudged the first thing up - rakes in the marks biggrin

Delete

thegreatBJ

Woman! Not gay Man!

Total posts: 332
Posted:no its Alevel... second year Alevels

Its sorta started working now ie some of the inks have started to soak in but it took about 3 or 4 hours and sorta ruined the effect (because by this point it had started to get under the oil pastels too) so Im gonna hand it in anyway and write about that fault in the evaluation (it gains you marks if you acnowlege a problem and say how you would put it right)

and battique is using actual wax as in melted candels and stuff and its textiles and art (nothing can stop the creative flow so why not!)

I AM NOT A GAY MAN!

Delete

oli
SILVER Member since Jul 2003

not with cactus

Total posts: 2052
Posted:art is never wrong, it might not be what you wanted, but work with what evers happening and itll end up looking interetsing.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Delete