Skilbsnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
help I have just bought some AJA fire devilsticks and some handsticks. These are my first true devilsticks (before i had flowersticks). I have a few questions about them.

1. How long should it take until the devilstick grips the handsticks and is there anything i should do to wear them in faster?

2. I am having trouble as when I manage to start idling the devilstick starts to roll away from me how could I compensate this movement?

Any help you could give me would be helpfull.
(no scensoredt)

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Damn good purchase best fire stick i've ever used, maybe i'm only saying that cos i've got one. To stop it rolling away make sure you kepp your hand sticks horizontal and if it does roll away angle your hand sticks back towards you. it sounds like you might not be holding your hand sticks in the middle, if you are i apologise but if not hold your hand sticks so the center starts where your hand ends (the middle) and you'll get loads more control and be able to learn wrist traps!!! sorry i love wrist traps.
Good luck and congratulations on your purchase.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Woops completely forgot the handsticks are slippery because they use a floury type substance (probably flour) to get the sliocone on to the wood just thoughly rub them down with a damp (not soaking) flannel till you get lots of resistance then dry em off and your good to go.

Skilbsnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Thank you. I am doing what you said and have had much better luck with them. I can now do almost every trick i could do with my old sticks and i got some good wrist wraps going on and i almost got it around my neck from a helicopter. I failed, the stick went round my neck and i took it in the face, I know it is possible cos i saw someone do it last week.
EDITED_BY: Skilbs (1131481410)

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
what, possible to hit yourself in the face? ubbloco obviously!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Wrist traps are only possible with an aja style fire devil stick because other designs are simply metal bars with wicks on. Sounds fine and dandy until you wrist trap one thats been on fire for more than 30 seconds because the metal heats up and you just burn your self. AJA thats the way! although i think henry's do one in the same style. good luck with that neck roll i've not really tried them yet i'm currently learning fish tails and other propellelor crazyness