vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
There is a psy-trance festival in Turkey from March 27 through April 1. the location of it is situated such that on March 29th, there will be a total eclpise of the sun over the sight for slightly more than 3 minutes.

https://www.soulclipse.com/soulclipse.html

I have seen 4 total eclipses, and for those of you who have not, let me assure you they are one of the most surreal and fantasitic experiences you will ever see (and they are completely different from partial eclipses).

Among many other talented artists, Hallucinogen will be performing there - rad! for those of you who don't know, Hallucinogen is more or less the harder aspect of Shpongle!

and get this - a special Shpongle set in the chill out area as well!

anyone going? anyone want to go?

I will about 90% likely be going myself (unless i happen to start a new job before then that doesn't allow the time off).

The webpage lists fire performances. anyone here involved in that already?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i wanna go... some guy was telling me about this at tof the other day, sounds brillinat biggrin

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
90% for me too. weavesmiley

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
get your air fares now before they skyrocket!
sadly i won't make it frown

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
mmm... biggrin a friend of mine from edinburgh was telling me about this just the other day. i've always wanted to experience a full solar eclipse ubblove

i'm seriously checking out the fundage ubbrollsmile

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Turkey is a country of great music, ubblove profound rhythmic, lyrical and melodic sophistication. Then there's psytrance! I'd love to see a full eclipse, with great people, but I think I'd rather stick with the local soundtrack!

*ducks flying bricks and goes to listen to some Mercan Dede*

*tiptoes back to say:

CONGRATULATIONS and YAY to anyone who takes the trouble, sticks their neck out and organises events for other people, promotes them, keeps them sweet, whether it's my bag or not..clap !!GOOD ON YA!! clap *

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm going to try go if i can.... Not sure where I'll be at by then but if at all possible I'm there biggrin

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

coincidancerSILVER Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Soulclipse is organized by friends of mine and I want to encourage everyone to come at least for the total eclipse, which I can only repeat, is one of the most moving and psychedelic phenomena, natural or otherwise, you could experience. No better time and place to tune in to Gaya.

Also respect what newgabe said earlier, but maybe the two can be combined?!? At other eclipse festivals I have attended the music was stopped during the eclipse, by the way.

Anyhow, IndigoKids, who are organizing the festival have promised to supply fuel for everybody who likes to spin! A kind offer! Check out their forum on juggling. If you have an organized fireshow that's well done and includes a few people, drop them a line, they may even let you in for free.

I am definitly going to be there and would love to see as many spinners as possible there

Be there or be square

Love Light Laughter & Lightness

Atacan(aka muaddip)SILVER Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
I already was planning to be around in Antalya during 1 April-21 April. I might just bring with me a tent and go there 3-4 days earlier to attend this party smile.
EDITED_BY: Atacan(aka muaddip) (1131583578)

_ __ _
atacan

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Written by: coincidancer

At other eclipse festivals I have attended the music was stopped during the eclipse, by the way.

man, I REALLY hope that is the case at souliclipse as well!

i do NOT want the distraction of music during totality!

-v-

stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Have been googling and browsing the location for Soulclipse, Kropulu Canyon National Park. Have an english keyboard so cant do the correct Umlaute... wink

It looks to be a phenomenal place and a natural heritage site.

So please, let's be conscientious with our fire play and our fuel! Please use safety assstants. I think we all know what shake off or spilled fuel does to plants... umm

It is wonderful of the authorities to let us use such a glorious place, let's reward our hosts goodwill and trust with respect for the environment and their culture! Keep it sweet!

I know we can do that!

Despite what I just wrote I would like to build one or several fire sculptures there, and are looking for advice, hints and help, cyber and on location, since my experience is limited to being mesmerized by these things, rather then constructing them. So if you have anything to say on the subject, get in touch! Have already posted at the pertaining threads on this forum, and googled fire sculpture....

So, see you in the shadow of the moon! Don't forget to use your viewers, before and after totality sunny
EDITED_BY: coincidancer (1132116044)

stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Me again!

Just wanted to say that tickets for Soulclipse are now available for presale through the www.soulclipse.com website, or you can go straight here www2.soulclipse.com/tickets2.asp

They are going to increase in price as time goes by, to encourage people to by early and give the organizers some working capital.. They are 91 Euro for the time being, plus service charge, but they will go up in price every month, so get yours early!

This is starting to look really good! I know it does not seem cheap, but if you think about all the work and effort involved in putting something together, and that you are going to get a week's worth of camping, music and facilities for that, not to mention the pleasure of being with all the wonderful, creative people celebrating a cosmic moment in a magical location... bounce2

So really hope to see you there and maybe see your post on this thread, so we keep it active and can network before we get there!

Grow On!
biggrin

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
after my lost trip too gomera and the signs around this information
we are thinking about depends on the money we have or not next month
peace light and kitchen poi
ap

peace and light

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
well, i have my airfare and festival tickets all paid for now, so it looks like i am going to be there for at least a few days.

-v-

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
tthis would be real nice but not sure i can afford it...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Anyone know of clean fuel varients in Turkey?
anything like SolT pegasol or D60?

Have organised a show but just i case the organisers only bring kerosene/parrafin want to organise my own. Several further flights with the equipment etc.

Look forward to any advice from anyones who's ever been in the area.

Cheers,

Dan.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I sooo wanted to go to this, but the airfare from fair Australialand is huge and therefore not viable in the economic climate of my life. frown

Have fun everyone, and give Dangerboy a massive, everlasting hug for me if you bump into him.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
I'm in comminication with the organisers re fuel supply for performers. they are obviously having difficulties sourcing the usual clean fuels.

Anyone have any experience in turkey with fuels there or know anyone who's gone and used something other than kero?
any information would be handy eg. availability of low odour kero, is the kero there blue, any barbecue lighter fluids available etc.

oh and does anyone know what '2 times cleared petroleum' might refer to? I'm asking for more details from him........

ho hum.. am starting to contact the airlines re D70 transportation as i just can't travel with kero on me wicks darnit.

HEY! anyone traveling by car or TRUCK from germany or france? if they've got room for a 200 litre drum that might be an option.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ok, who is going, and can my girlfriend and i share a tent with anyone please?

-v-

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
hey, just thought i'd bump this thread since the event is coming soon!

i'll be there, spinning fire, dancing, and chilling out till the day after the eclipse. hope to see you all there.

-v-

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Yeep

Looks like fun smile

Non-Https Image Link

But...

eek

frown

I think it rained...

Non-Https Image Link

Hope everything ended up ok and you guys were able to see the show hug
Seems on the forum that the energy is great biggrin

sunny

Getting to the other side smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Crikey is that really what happened?!?!! That is really the rigging!>!>!

I been at a festival in Oz where the main stage copped a storm and it wasn't pretty but that piccie is RAD!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Woohoo biggrin

Looks like all turned out well biggrin

And lookey what I found... Check the link, then the second pic down... guy with blue and green tie-dye shirt, orange pants with his back to the camera... I'm pretty sure that's young mister Vanize biggrin

Nice one...

Parteee for the sun...

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Where's Wally?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I recognised the t-shirt...

smile