Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Book - Baton Twirling, The Fundamentals of an Art and a Skill

Login/Join to Participate

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Name: Baton Twirling, The Fundamentals of an Art and a Skill

Author: Atwater Constance
Publisher: Charles E. Tuttle Company
Place: Rutland, Vermont
Year: 1969

I found that A.Jillings in Club and Pole spinning book
refere to this book. I found that https://www.unclebooks.com/
sells it. If you have more information about this book, tell me.

librarian,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
amazon.com have 14 new and used. (from $4.63)

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Can I also ask that if anybody has a baton twirling book or has read one, can they say whether it was any good or not, as I would like to get one. So any recommendations?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Mr_chazBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
a baton twirling book eh!

cool biggrin

ok not the most helpfull of comments

but

........................cool !

a contact staff book, or even a doubles staff book would be better. but sadly non-existent.... confused

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Yes sounds good. Here is description form page I've mentioned:

"Blue embossed cloth on boards. B/W photos and line drawings. Volume is Ex-Library with the usual stamps, labels and marks, pocket with loan record attached to ffep. Glue, tape residue and marks on both front and rear covers and on the eps. Jacket is in clear library cover has marks from glue, tape residue. "A fully illustrated introduction to the art and skill of the baton - from suggestions for organizing a performing group, through basic twirls, and routines, to the more spectacular features of the art. The first manual of its type to cover the subject completely. Major subjects: Basic and Advanced Twirls; Two Hand twirls, stationaires, poses; The Strut; Signaling and Formations; Apparel and Accessories."

Im interested in the last sentence smile,

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

Ignarnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
y can no-one think of writing a book on contact staff- i've bin looking for years, and have found next to nothing!

-----------
if you don't ask, you'll never get it.

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Have a look at this smile

https://meghan.tepookatoys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=12

Love is the law.