Page:
animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Is there any chance of getting more details of the competition?

I see in the article that the prizes are mentioned, but no indication on what the competition is actually being judged on.

Also, how is the winner being selected? Drawn randomly? Chosen by certain people?

I'm guessing that 'fire arts' embodies any 'fire manipulation' that isn't eating or breathing?

Sorry if I'm asking too many stupid/annoying questions...

Anyway, First prize is $2000 USD, AND $1000 USD credit on the HoP account! That's an awful lot of stuff... biggrin Sure is a big incentive for me to get my thinking hat on...

Let the COL2006 discussion commence!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

capitancatGOLD Member
17 posts

Posted:
we just sent ours as well yesterday (told by DHL it would arrive in NZ in two days!) my heart is fluttering! i kid you not! haha smile redface

ubblove, cat

free.flow.go

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I got my entry as well as RHD's entry for this competition done today. So I'll send them tomorrow morning. It was a lot of work but worth it. Hardest part was to squeeze everything to 3 minutes.............. but also with my solo video it gave me new ideas when having to cut a 4 minute routine to a 3 minute video and changing the music for it. It's like a whole new routine in a way... You'll know what I mean if it gets on the compilation.

So who else has sent in a video???!!?!? Complete list here, please, thank you...

Point your toes.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I may have sent one in... I certainly had one filmed, but regrettably left it with a hippy to edit and suchlike wink

On the plus side, I feel I´ve improved heaps since filming it and have settled down more stylisitically so this may be a good thing.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I'm slack frown

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im slack and apparently a hippy to

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
probably not wise to say 'I'm slack' whilst having 'gay model poet' as your tagline ben...

Did think about entering but I know that I'm not at the level I feel is worthy for a submission, so maybe next year....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
our entry's in (and just in time too)

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
antti.....who is this meast character?

addict
446 posts

Posted:
this thread is so dead...

Tim.. if u haven't found out yet then Meast is a spinner from Paris. Amazing stuff.

I hope my vids came through.. Sent them from Estonia on the final day. And the post office was a weird experience.

Anyway.. When can we see a list of all the entries made?

Point your toes.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
thanks antti
looking forward to watching the dvd
good luck to you all

lindaSILVER Member
93 posts

Posted:
Hi Antti,
It was a lovely surprise meeting you in Helsinki. Although I do regret not learning a move or two from you. How was Singapore? I look forward to seeing your entry. And I really want to see list of the finalists. However, the contest only closed a month ago and Malcolm probably has a lot of videos to see and choose.
I got my video in. it's black light poi.
Linda, the shorter fire sister. : weavesmiley

addict
446 posts

Posted:
Hey Linda.. It was a nice suprise indeed..

Yeah I know it's been only a month. I was hoping for the list of entries sent for the competition not the list of vids that made it to dvd.. If I remember right there was one for col5.. I could be wrong.

Point your toes.

theozmosisBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
what has happened to this dvd??? i cant seem to find it anywhere, when will it be out... didn't get chance to enter this year so will defiantly do so next year

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
antti,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,having been to uber europe i totally agree about meast.he is awesome and one of the best ive ever seen
good luck to everyone cos you are going top need it

shaySILVER Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
check this out:

Page: