Page: 12
animatEd
animatEd

1 + 1 = 3
Total posts: 3540
Posted:Is there any chance of getting more details of the competition?

I see in the article that the prizes are mentioned, but no indication on what the competition is actually being judged on.

Also, how is the winner being selected? Drawn randomly? Chosen by certain people?

I'm guessing that 'fire arts' embodies any 'fire manipulation' that isn't eating or breathing?

Sorry if I'm asking too many stupid/annoying questions...

Anyway, First prize is $2000 USD, AND $1000 USD credit on the HoP account! That's an awful lot of stuff... biggrin Sure is a big incentive for me to get my thinking hat on...

Let the COL2006 discussion commence!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete Topic

capitancat
capitancat

Total posts: 17
Posted:we here in the philippines have fire pois spinning in our stomachs!

this will be the first time that we'll be showing you guys, the poi community we respect so much, what we have been doing over here for the last two years.

our video is currently being edited (shall be shipped to NZ by the day after tomorrow *bites fingernails*) and though i know that there are a lot of far more skilled and experienced members submitting videos (which we LOOOVE to watch!) you can't deny the love and passion we have for this art! and there is always next year wink

keep the fire going! good luck everyone!

cat

free.flow.go

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:hooray! the fire family just got a litl bigger!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

_khan_
_khan_

old hand
Total posts: 768
Posted:woo hoo! just sent off my submission. i'm excited to have sent in my first COL attempt. we'll see if it makes the cut, i'm just happy to have done it. i hope the dvd plays okay.

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

Delete

capitancat
capitancat

Posted:we just sent ours as well yesterday (told by DHL it would arrive in NZ in two days!) my heart is fluttering! i kid you not! haha smile redface

ubblove, cat

free.flow.go

Delete

Antti_Everything
Antti_Everything

addict
Total posts: 446
Posted:I got my entry as well as RHD's entry for this competition done today. So I'll send them tomorrow morning. It was a lot of work but worth it. Hardest part was to squeeze everything to 3 minutes.............. but also with my solo video it gave me new ideas when having to cut a 4 minute routine to a 3 minute video and changing the music for it. It's like a whole new routine in a way... You'll know what I mean if it gets on the compilation.

So who else has sent in a video???!!?!? Complete list here, please, thank you...

Point your toes.

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:I may have sent one in... I certainly had one filmed, but regrettably left it with a hippy to edit and suchlike wink

On the plus side, I feel Ive improved heaps since filming it and have settled down more stylisitically so this may be a good thing.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

DeepSoulSheep
DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2617
Posted:I'm slack frown

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete

ben-ja-men
ben-ja-men

just lost .... evil init
Total posts: 2474
Posted:im slack and apparently a hippy to

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:probably not wise to say 'I'm slack' whilst having 'gay model poet' as your tagline ben...

Did think about entering but I know that I'm not at the level I feel is worthy for a submission, so maybe next year....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

fNi
fNi

master of disaster
Total posts: 3354
Posted:our entry's in (and just in time too)

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

Delete

tim_marston
addict

Total posts: 614
Posted:antti.....who is this meast character?

Delete

Antti_Everything
Antti_Everything

addict
Posted:this thread is so dead...

Tim.. if u haven't found out yet then Meast is a spinner from Paris. Amazing stuff.

I hope my vids came through.. Sent them from Estonia on the final day. And the post office was a weird experience.

Anyway.. When can we see a list of all the entries made?

Point your toes.

Delete

tim_marston
addict

Posted:thanks antti
looking forward to watching the dvd
good luck to you all

Delete

linda
Total posts: 93
Posted:Hi Antti,
It was a lovely surprise meeting you in Helsinki. Although I do regret not learning a move or two from you. How was Singapore? I look forward to seeing your entry. And I really want to see list of the finalists. However, the contest only closed a month ago and Malcolm probably has a lot of videos to see and choose.
I got my video in. it's black light poi.
Linda, the shorter fire sister. : weavesmiley

Delete

Antti_Everything
Antti_Everything

addict
Posted:Hey Linda.. It was a nice suprise indeed..

Yeah I know it's been only a month. I was hoping for the list of entries sent for the competition not the list of vids that made it to dvd.. If I remember right there was one for col5.. I could be wrong.

Point your toes.

Delete

theozmosis

Total posts: 7
Posted:what has happened to this dvd??? i cant seem to find it anywhere, when will it be out... didn't get chance to enter this year so will defiantly do so next year

Delete

tim_marston
addict

Posted:antti,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,having been to uber europe i totally agree about meast.he is awesome and one of the best ive ever seen
good luck to everyone cos you are going top need it

Delete

shay
stranger

Posted:check this out:

Delete

Page: 12