Forums > Social Chat > Only another 40 day's before I can drink alcohol again...

Login/Join to Participate

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
This whole thing started on the 6th of this month in the pub with my girlfriend and a few mates, the week before this I had got blind drunk after argueing with my girlfriend (yet again I might add) So as I down the only decent pub in town, sipping my jack daniels, out of no where my girlfriends hand come's flying and hits me square in the cheek. She yelled at me and said I was a alcoholic, when it was about 5 day's with my last drink (the night I got blind drunk). So I made a bet with my girlfriend saying "I bet I can go 2 months(til the 6th of december) without alcohol" All this was in aid to prove I'm not an alcoholic. soo, it's been exactly 21 day's and 7 1/2 hours since my last alcoholic drink. If i succeed with this bet, my girlfriend said she would give me £20. Which will go to a very nice bottle of whiskey.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Of course, this proves nothing... Because you're counting the days. smile

I once went six months. Difference was I never craved it, nor did I ever make a conscious decision not to drink. I just...didn't feel like it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
You're in it for the money which you're putting towards booze money. It she slapped you and yelled at you like that... maybe there's a possibility you are an alcoholic?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

278 posts

Posted:
It's a decision between a tattoo or a bottle of whiskey, and i'm sure those who posted assume that i would get drunk with this bottle, when i do buy some alcohol, it lasts a very long time. It's not the fact that I "need" alcohol, but it's nice to have something when you feel like it, not to decide "oh better not because my girlfriend will yell at me". I've had multiple oppertunity's to have lager or something like that, when i'm at my moms house theres always lager in the fridge, theres no way my girlfriend would know if i had a drink or not, it'd trust her to keep her promises, which is why I keep mine. But there is a new idea what to spend the money on, i began fire staffing about 2 weeks ago, so i could get myself a new staff smile

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Do you really like this girl?

If you do, it sounds like there are some much more serious issues with your relationship than just her thinking you are an alcoholic.

In fact, if you win this bet, chances are, it won't impress her or change her attitude towards your drinking, but just make her more upset.

If you really like her, try sitting down with her and asking her what you have done while drunk that offended her. Ask her how it made her feel, and if there were other things with yourself, and other people she has known that may increase her worry.

This is just my opinion, of course, but have a think about it...there a lot more going on than it seems if she slaps you before even saying "hello".

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Wow, everyone is posting in triplicate today...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

278 posts

Posted:
I've been with my girlfriend (Amy) for 17 months now, I love her more then anything on this planet, when we first started going out with each other, amy was a dope smoker, a drinker(i mean that she drank to get drunk) and a regular smoker, I told her there's no way I can be with her if she keeps doing this, she stoped, for me. She's gotten drunk once with we've been together, she's also smoked once while we've been going out, which i made ABSOLUTE sure I guilt triped her about both things. I'm not out to impress Amy with doing this bet, i'm out to prove to her I am not alcoholic.

The only thing that offened Amy by me getting drunk is that I got drunk because of us argueing that evening, she wasn't in any contact with me while I was drunk, or even when I was drinking to get drunk that evening. She didn't slap me before she said hello, she slapped me when she knew I had alcohol in my hand.