Forums > Social Chat > Who else has my excellent taste?

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I can't be the only one here. Hands up who has absolutely terrible taste in boyfriends/girlfriends/the people they fall in love with. Please, I can't possibly be the only one.

My first love decided that my best friend was a better option.

But I got over that (except when it suits me to be a spiteful bitch...damn, I think that says something about me) and now tonight something else is bothering me. My most recent moron ex. The second guy i ever fell in love with. The little *&%£er screwed me around, didn't he? I didn't mind helping his way to Paris. Make a better life for himself (he's Romanian) than he otherwise would have had at home (I dont necessarily believe this but its what he wanted). I had no worries at all. But as the story unfolds, from what I can gather, he blew the money in the first week he was STILL IN ROMANIA and then had to steal the money and sell his phone to make it. This last part I was initially sceptical about, but more and more I am believing its likely.

I'm hoping to meet him in Paris in a few days to say hi. Be the nice person that I (like to think I) am. But his phone has been off. So Tonight I called one of his friends and he said Ionut (for this is the name of the moron) doesnt have a phone. [censored]. He has a phone. I GAVE HIM MY OLD ONE!!! Not wanting to leave him stranded in Paris with no phone because he sold his old one (I knew he had done that, the stealing realisation only came later) I gave him mine and the little [censored] has apparently gone and sold it.

I think the worst part is that I pretty much allowed it to happen. I like to think the best of people, and that shouldn't be a bad thing! Should it? But in trying to see the best in people I've been screwed around terribly and basically used.

Did I deserve this? I suppose I did for being so bloody trusting. But why should I suffer, as I said before, for doing something NICE!!!

So this is now a rant about my own stupidity. So lets change the question to "who is as stupid and blindly trusting as me?"

Tonight, I hate the world.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
the new man to grace my lovelife at the mo is ten years older than me, and has a 3 year old son...

My friend nailed it in one statemant -

"Youse sure know how to pick them Aimz!"

rolleyes

Huggles for your upsets hug hug
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1130445024)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
:hugs:

Yes, I have bad taste. Not exclusively bad, but sometimes bad. Unfortunetly, my taste is bad enough that it can't relaly be discussed in public forums :/

One thing to say tho, they definety wern't the kinda bad where they cheat or anything, or even are trying to be evil... which is almost worse.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
No you're not alone at all Rouge! I have absolutely atrcoious taste in men to....

Lets see the first guy I ever dated was the manager of a strip club and dealt drugs on the side...need I say anymore.

The second guy I dated for three years (tried to get rid of him but he was really good at emotional blackmail) for two of those three years he didn't work just sat in my house eating my food (I supported him)...then my dad ended up paying for him to get his truck drivers licence and getting him a crappy job just so that I wasn't paying all the bills. When I finally broke up with him I was in $20,000 worth of debt due to supporting him on a crappy wage, flying him and myself to Sydney for my sisters wedding, doing repairs on his uncles house (paid through credit card) which was meant to be paid back to me but never was.....etc etc

The next one was an immature twat....

The one after that cheated on me not once but twice before I realised that he was screwed in the head and was only doing me more damage than good.

Now I am with a lovely guy who I have been friends with for quite a while, and though we seem to have our little differences we are going to be travelling together very soon...so maybe my luck has changed.

So I can fully sympathise with you!!!! hug

tom2BRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
i got left for my best mate too that sucks majorly especially after almost 2 years kiniving bitch grrr that was my 1st gf depressing thing is im only on my second hehe thats been about 15months now also even i know that guys are bastards but sumtimes women can be as bad (dont hate me)

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
guy are bastrits girls are witches

humanity is a joke and going to hell

but lets try to keep a positive face on it shall we?.....

relationships... no not gunna comment anymore

back

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
I too have bad taste...

I finally realised it and thats why I have been single for two years

Thats life, I guess...

ubbrollsmile

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
i did.... think I'm getting MUCH better at it. wink gone from 2 nutters, to a nice girl to someone amazing

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I can't say I've had any bad relationships.

I don't have bad taste.

It's just that I'm not tasteful enough for anybody. frown

To quote Team America - 'i'm so ronery'

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

i did.... think I'm getting MUCH better at it. wink gone from 2 nutters, to a nice girl to someone amazing

you think you're safe huh...
I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DONT KNOW
Hide glasses of milkshakes from her or you'll be sorry ubblol
She may tell you it was an accident.
Accidentally on purpose that is!
ubblolubblolubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Rougie you out do me darl....

Im sure if you keep trying you can top your list of unsuitable poeple to have relationships with..

hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

dizzybintmember
26 posts

Posted:
my last boyf (4 1/2 yrs )was a solider we argued over what video to watch then he went to kenya for 4 mnths when he came back we STILL argued about the b@@@@y video.

hi

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
i always let guys walk over me and i get wrapped around their wee finger with promises of love and happiness.
I've learnt now that that's all bullsh*t

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
last one left country with her new fella
one before her ripped me off £1200

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
If I was a man (no i'm not planning on getting an op - i'm just being hypothetical here) I would treat my lady like a princess, bone her whenever she wanted, treat her with respect, show her love and tenderness, sweep her off her feet.

but i'm not a man. but thats what i'd like to be done to me biggrin

SpikeySILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
my judgement was completly fooled.. my girlfriend and i got along great. had fun togther, played video games(i would useally lose.) But i have the dumb idea that we get married. as soon as i had a rign on my finger the girl changed. to a lazy dirty whore. now that we are split up she became the same thing that all of my ex-girlfriends become.......whores. i dont know why. but it make them alot easier to get over and never want to talk to again.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: TinklePants

If I was a man (no i'm not planning on getting an op - i'm just being hypothetical here) I would treat my lady like a princess, bone her whenever she wanted, treat her with respect, show her love and tenderness, sweep her off her feet.

You'd be amazed how often that *doesn't* work.

I tried doing several times. It got me the line: "you're so sweet, but..." and also "You're really nice and I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship..."

Conclusion: Girls rarely go for "Nice guys". The only exception to this is if said nice guy spins Fire. Try to be nice and you get labelled as "boring". Girls want a thrill of danger when they date a guy, not Prince Charming. rolleyes

(Note: Not that that stops me from trying. It's how I found my current GF... ubblove )

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Err? I like nice guys! I've even been in a long term relationship with one, and am er.. kind of seeing another now....

I think its just that most girls are idiots. And who wants to date *them*?

{NB: this is referring to the girls who date married serial killers and such}

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I wasn't talking about you, obviously you're abnormal... tongue biggrin

And obviously by "Abnormal" I mean you're not like most girls! See how that becomes a compliment?

Sometimes I even amaze myself with my own intelligence... rolleyes

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
*scarily agrees with sethis for 2nd time this year*

Being nice doesn't always work...you get either the old favourite... your nice but / think of you like a brother
or
get treated the way you ladies seem to be treatd by guys. hit blamed and generally moaned at for things that aren't even real.

and Tink. Had 2 milkshakes yesteray even left a bottle in the fridge. I think you're telling porkys...however did hear a mention of crusha....my opinion Tink... probably an accident or you didn't duck quick enough wink I know!!!

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
update! he claims he still has the phone...just not a card for it? so want to explain why he sent me a message saying "hi this is my french number"? and he is denying he stole the money.

im sick of the mind games. i dont know what to believe. but im pretty sure hes just playing mind games. mind games mind games mind games. i dont bloody like mind games!!

sethis: i LOVE the prince charming part! and i dont know anynone who doesnt!

and mynci - girls also get the "like a sister" line. and yes, it sucks.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I think my taste is not too bad, i havent had any mean boyfriends, with one exception, i cant name any names coz pretty much all my recent relationships have been with hoppers redface my advice, go for hoppers, they're great!!!

Rouge, if this guy is messing you about so much, stop talking to him, cut him out of your life, he isnt worth your time.

I have to admit that the whole prince charming, really sickly sweet part doesnt do it for me, but i still like a guy to be considerate. Tho saying that, being taken out for a romantic meal, sweeping off feet bit, does sound awfully appealing about now biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Oh, yeah, I never used to like it...

but now i realized that in small doses its devine....

of course i also do things like ask "why do you wnat to hug me" "why do you like x body part" "what are you so happy to see me" etc etc etc//....

so i may fail at being romantic in the large scale.

but er i am in ubblove biggrin

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I used to go for the bad boy thing....I am over it.

I am now with a man who actually treats me like a lady and not just a pieve of meat....

And you know what...I am loving it!

If you think all girls go for the bad boy types then maybe you are looking at the wrong girls.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
amen. smile

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
Lol, I have the same problem. I just gave up on men. me and my baby will just all right with out one

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.