Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > new contact move, is it a new contact move? if not move 2 make contact

Login/Join to Participate

arbitrary_number_2newbie
21 posts

Posted:
u start with a horizontal neck roll from the left hand side. then lean to the left with your head as the staff continues to rotate, if ur head is down low enough the staff should slip onto your right temple and then with a quick tilt of the head (similar to a temple to head stall in hacky) you can get the staff rotating on your forehead. From there theoretically you can make the same tilt to your left temple and again down to your neck, i havent got that far yet but if someone does, tell me. You can also with a harder thrust of the head throw the staff up so it spins horizontally from your temple. it looks pretty cool, an eazier way of throwing the staff with your head is to lean forward in the middle of a normal neck roll (horizontal) and let it slide down your neck until it reaches your head, at which point you launch upwards, a jump sometimes helps with both moves. If youve got some solid dreads in a ponytail you can also sometimes get the staff to rotate around them before it launches which looks ridiculously cool. \-:)-/

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I don't have dreads. frown

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Ninja_Davemember
58 posts

Posted:
don't think you can classify contact as single moves anymore, where does one end and the other begin? but the theory sounds gd, let us know how it goes, lol

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
there's a difference between a move and a combo.
it's to do with havin dreds or not.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
there are no moves only spoons

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
so much text... eyes hurt.....

might you consider breaking that up a bit an2?

And meg, what do you need dreads for? Your hair = mop and mop bits = dreads, near enough....
tongue

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a cool new move to me, got a name for it (and maybe a clip)?

I don't have dreads, but my hair is pretty long. I always stick it in a bun when i'm practicing, and sometimes when I'm practicing the pivot the stick'll turn around the hair instead of the neck. I wouldnt call it a move cause I have absolutely no control over it, or do it on purpose for that matter. *Sigh* Some day its gonna bug me enough to make me shave my head.

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Sounds good.
a bit like a head spin but cooler with more head movement.
ive been trying to do a dread roll recently, a bit like a snes or a jesus but using a bunch of dreads instead of your back.
There is also the very silly move i came up with a while ago, the nose roll, basicly the same with your nose.
i dont recomend trying it too much cos it hurts quite a bit but its good for amusing your friends biggrin

"Don't do it naked!"