Page: ...
colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
well, they've done it.

rgb (i.e can produce any colour you care to imagine), *fully* programmable (via usb pc link) aerotech equipment has arrived at last biggrin

anyone who saw the london juggling convention show (or was at the ejc earlier this year) will have been lucky enough to see owen and malte performing their classic 'spot the drop' routine with routine-programmed aerotech ultimate clubs ubblove

they already have plans for staff and poi with the same *individually controlled led technology* so that you have full control of programming the colour in each section of your toy.

here's the blurb from the aerotech website:

Written by: aerotech

Sequence 16 Million Colours with the new GLO-ULTIMATE equipment.

After three years of development and 100 times over budget, we bring you the ultimate in illuminated juggling equipment.

Our standard product range is designed for on the fly programming, so with a set sequence of taps it is possible to configure a product to change colour and flash between 2 Colours.

In our new ultimate range programming has been replaced with a reprogrammable RGB (The primary colours Red, Green, Blue) light sequencing program.

Each colour of the RGB is independently programmed to run a sequence of timed events to change intensity (brightness) levels. By altering the intensity levels of the RGB it is possible to select a colour from a palette of 16 Million different colours. Time increments are controllable down to 0.1 second meaning that it is possible to create a dazzling light show which can then be synchronized with other products.

A sequence is created using a simple line of code written within a standard text editor (Note book, Word etc). The file is then downloaded to the equipment using a standard USB 2.0 connection.

By using full powered USB hubs the glo-equipment fast charges from empty to 80% charged in 2 hours.

and links here:

main news page

details of the sequencing language

example of some sequence code

a little techy information on the software used

i don't wanna know how much i have to save up for a set of clubs - if i start working on a 5 club routine now, by the time i can juggle it, i should have enough money saved to buy the clubs... wink

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
not yet dude.........

still waiting rolleyes

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

entheogenGOLD Member
173 posts

Posted:
Hey Strugz, you have any idea if they're planning on building smaller doubles/triples sticks too? I'm even thinking for smaller staffs the weight issue wouldn't be even so much of a problem, when theyre not meant for contact stuff then a lighter weight model would probably be even easier to manipulate...

'There are two mantras in life, yum and yuk. I choose yum.'

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Just a few pictures of our best photographs with globalls in 2006, 20 pics of poi spinning and ball juggling that my friends Bat & Hugo and I particularly liked. We hope you will enjoy them smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile

so ive just got back in from work and the lovelies at aerotech have sent me a 140cm ultimate staff!!

Its got a phat shaft now and new end pieces that give it a real nice weight......

Cant really say anymore than that - once ive had a play tonight ill post up some more smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
words can't express my envy. biggrin hug

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
m8 - i call you when im turned on and ill describe all its sexyness down the phone wink

you - lost for words???

even gay?

wow

today is a special day smile

hug

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I didn't say I was lost for words, just that they wouldn't accurately express my envy levels.

Beating you up, calling you gay and stealing ur toys will certainly make me feel better thou! biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
well you better get on a train then wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah right. I ain't comin' down on the weekend of the 31st unfortunately... got an acro convention to go tooo.... biggrin

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
dude nice, let me know if you want company wink and which bus goes passed your house :lol;

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Hurrah for random deliveries

Getting to the other side smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Yeah right. I ain't comin' down on the weekend of the 31st unfortunately... got an acro convention to go tooo.... biggrin

offtopic

Meg, an acro convention?

Where is this? It might be the same one that I might be at...

Maybe.

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
*cough* Pictures... where are they?!!! *cough* wink

Cake or Death?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
ubblol dude, so... how was it?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
must be good! looks like he's still out playing....

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblove

will make an ickle vid / report tonight for you all smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i almost forgot! ubblol

last night i set up camera in me front room and recorded a bit of this stick for you, its using only a basic pattern sequence, but it will give you an idea.

Its sat on MCPs server i just need her to link it here smile

ubbrollsmile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmilelinky

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Pretty biggrin
Id like to see what its like with a faster program on it tho.
Im liking that you can get coulour gradients across the sections, would wicked spun fast.

"Don't do it naked!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I like the look of the weight on the end, sturdy and protective biggrin

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That looks pretty damned nice smile

Is the sequence coding the same as the one I played with in Bristol though, or has that been tweaked as well?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

*HyperLightBRONZE Member
old hand
1,174 posts

Posted:
Looking good... hmm, time I shifted production up a gear? wink

Cake or Death?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
That time was months ago ;p

ubblol

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
Oh my God ! How many leds are there in it ?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
looks like 16 sets i counted :lol well there are 16 points of light.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
can you not get proballs any more? I dont really mind paying £50 or £60 for some decent poi but im not paying £300!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
can someone with direct experience drop me a few words about long-term durability of the aerotech ultimate glostaff? thanks kindly!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Muahahahahahah

I am happy smile

My gorgeous and wonderful boyfriend got me a rather special 30th b'day pressie...

A set of Ultimate poi smile

Now we just have to figure out how to work 'em confused

bounce

Getting to the other side smile

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Is it £140 for the pair or for each ball?

'12,150 mcd' im sure the white led lightstick from this site was 12000mcd, it didnt seem all that bright and definately not something i would pay £280 for.

*awaits hyperlights to come into production*

smile

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh MCP - Hope you avin fun in the US - not sure whether anyone can help but ive tried the link and downloaded DivX, but all im getting is the realplayer symbol and the sound - no visual
Just had a Mac from work so trying to figure it out......
I want to see the pretty spinnnig lights!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Page: ...