Forums > Social Chat > Ok Ok really dumb question.......

Login/Join to Participate

Moonbeammember
6 posts

Posted:
hey guys yep it's me the one who just can't seem to figure out the really simple moves.. I have a long staff, maybe that's the problem it's too long, but I don't think so. Anyway, how do I do a vertical figure 8 in front of my body but to the side without hitting my underarm? Haven't got anyone to show me so I thought I'd ask you guys, plus I think I'm at the point of goin insane and besides my arm is getting really sore and think it'd appreciate me not whackin it with my staff anymore. Cheers, MB

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hi Moonbeam,Well I am also Learning the Staff, I am about 4-5 days into it, and I love it. I was up in bed last night thinking about possible moves. But I know where yopu are coming from. Just don't think is the key for me! I stair off at something and just do it, (although 4 years of spinning poi helps too smile ) Don't get discuraged, it will come! skichristian

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Hey Moonbeam!No help from me. I just made my staff yesterday. I love it so much! I cant do anything yet, except just the basic twirling. Maybe Ill go try to learn that one!(and make my arm mad at me too!) Ill tell you one thing though, poi comes naturally, but the staff almost seems like my enemy. Almost. I saw people twirling when I was little, and I was like, nope, not for me. No desire. I had to try though, and now I am confident because my staff and I share a loving relationship! I completely agree with ski, dont think. My mind always messes things up. I just spaced out today, and my hands took over and I didnt even know what they were doing. Then my mind snapped in, and ruined it. madBest wishes!------------------~I dont care if they eat me alive, Ive got better things to do than survive. ~Ani

Wow