Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
My school is having a halloween dance pretty soon and I dont know what to do for a costume. Last year i went as the priciple. I wore kahkis, a button up shirt and printed out his face for a mask. Everyone loved it and I want to top it this year, but dont know what to do. I dont want to be a faculty member again, and conventional costumes just dont have it. I need ideas. I'd like it to be flexible because im pretty active at dances, and not to hard to put together. So put on your thinking caps and help me out biggrin

Twisthem488

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
I'm going as a jester. The costumes are made to be able to move and dance. Also, you can add funky assocories and make it whatever theme you need. I'm going to a Misfit's concert on halloween, so I spike my hair and add some funky make-up. I'm going to a normal halloween party the night before, so I can tone it down, but still be able to dance.

But that's just my idea. It's not so flashy or funny, but it's functional and easy to make.

There's that funny joke about just showing up in your undies... but that might be to raunchy for the HoP boards

Don't mind me, just passing through.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, you could come as skelington jack from a nightmare before christmas. Pretty easy to make just wear something dark and make his strange pointy collar, then get a mask for his face, make it or buy it off the internet or something itle easily arrive before the end of the weeks even over.

Or you could come as they mayor of halloween town, then you could make his triangle head with different faces on it and turn it around on the day :P

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

thegreatBJWoman! Not gay Man!
332 posts

Posted:
this year I'm goin out as pirate and next year the devil with the black dress on (jack off jill referance there)

you could always go with someone and swap images... you dress as them and they dress as you (its always fun to see what they think is very you)

I AM NOT A GAY MAN!

AtrocitySILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
I made a tank top and pants out of a Twister mat ^^

In Trance We Dance... or light each other on fire.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
There are plenty of costume threads lying around. I did a search for you. [Old link] and [Old link] smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
How about colouring in the back of a spoon (black nicko) .
So when everyboday ask you can put it to your nose and say i a bear.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the ideas.
I think im going to the dance as a candy raver and my friends party as a goth.
Thing is ive never been to a rave and have only seen a couple pictures of candy ravers totally decked out, anyone got any good reverence pictures for a rave deprived man? Thanks again

Twisthem488

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

Stick ManBRONZE Member
37 posts

Posted:
I'm glad I caught this thread. I used to be such a hardcore candy raver. I could even hook you up with all the gear you need. PM me and I'll send you a few pics.

I ain't been around the world, but I've been around the block. I ain't seen everything, but I've seen enough to talk. I'm not a prophet, I'm not the 2nd comming of christ. I'm just a mason with a will to build and a little advice.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
I'm going to a halloween party of saturday and i've been searhing on the net for ideas (very busy at work!) and I think i'm going to go as the Devil's Advocate: Wear buttons and carry signs that say "Devil is #1" and "Vote for Satan" . Or Medusa: Get some type of hat that fits securely on your head. Buy some fake rubber snakes and attach them all over the hat. Wear all black clothes and paint your face green.

The bigger the pants the better!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
OOh medusa sounds cool, if you go as her you could wear some snake contact lenses and put scale details on ur face too, it'd look wicked.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I'm going toa Halloween party as Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango, office suit, white gloves with the skeletal parts and question mark type things drawn on, makeup and talcum powder for my hair methinks.
Making a jack Skellington maks out of a basketball and some flyscreen'd be fairly easy I imagine, and a cardboard box helmet and a keyboard makes you a computer.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Yeah man!
Manny rawks!

God I havent played tat game in ages....

I'll have a hunt around for it now....

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Dress as FRD....

Never seen anything scarier than, walking into the toilet at falmouth to see him rubbing away......

at the make-up on his face.. ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.