Forums > Meet Others > magical mystery tour of Oz!

Login/Join to Participate

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
hey im heading to Australia on the 8th of November for sometime up to a year, im starting off in cairns but only staying there a week with a friend, then were heading to adelaide for a few months, and then im pretty sure we'll be heading to the rainbow serpent festival! which sounds pretty awesome..

i have no idea whats happening after that except perhaps perth in feb, but if anyone fancies meeting up for a spin ill be taking my lovely staff with me (although will probably buy/make a new one) or perhaps some intense intoxicated philosophical conversation, or even just inxtoxification (!) devil thatd be cool... and if anyone knows any totally wicked spots to check out let me know too im always on the lookout!

beerchug peace biggrin

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
welcomeG'day mate! Come and visit me in Alice Springs. We've also got a big rock, lots of pebbles and a canyon. And from Cairns to Adelaide, well the Alice is practicaly on the way!!!

If you are in Cairns, you have to 1.see the reef, 2. go to Mareeba on the cable car, 3. twirl with the people on the beach. By the way I can highly recommend Tropic days or dreamtime (both nice backpacker hostels).

Anyway, have a great time here in Oz. sunny

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
P.S. Have a look at the meet other section and put in "Australia". Heaps of people there who would love to get a visit.

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
If you need a staff in Adelaide, Ben-ja-men makes some pretty cool staffs biggrin
Then there is the regular friday night twirl here in Adelaide, so you should be able to get some good spinning time while here weavesmiley

Do we sleep when we die?

926 posts

Posted:
yay! that'd be wicked awesome sprocket, think ill have a pretty packed week in cairns but ill try and check them out! biggrin hug

dragon thats pretty cool, will maybe speak to ben-ja-men about it, my staffs in pretty bad way and needs new wicks, but its really light for what im attempting (badly!) to do, prefer to have a proper contact staff. its helping me learn though so i love it!
will def check out friday night twirl too, cheers man! hug

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Talk to Gnor...I won't be in Perth after mid December but Gnor is our official welcoming person (only cause she is just such a wonderful person!!!!)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
..and cause I dont have a life other than lurking on forums.
Look me up closer to your date with a PM, make sure you are here for a Tuesday night so you can come to Hyde Park and Mondays at South Beach freo should be up again by then to.

Be good to see you!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by:

perhaps some intense intoxicated philosophical conversation

sounds like a plan! let me know if you ever get to Sydney.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
what! You can't go to australia? We haven't even met you down here in ed yet!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
There will be a fair contingent roadtripping north after Rainbow Serpent (in Victoria) to [Old link]
(in Brisbane) if you fancy a sweaty fun weekend with lotsa HoPpers and some fabbo teacher peeps...

There's also the amazing [Old link] between Xmas and New year if you want to re-arrange your plans entirely!

Brissy's good for a visit normal times too cos of Moonfest and monday night juggle jams and general friendly goodness... biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

926 posts

Posted:
mcp hug #we'll meet again....# heh actually, ill be down for a night on my way to london, i think the 5th of nov? so if you're free...... :P smile

cool guys well chuffed! itll be awesome to meet you all, where you going fenix fyre? got the travelling bug too? bounce

gnor, will do, im totally relying on internet access here but all is good, i think freo is where the guys im meetin up with are going (heh seriously, there's like 5 or 6 of my mates dotted about over there at the same time, its gonna be wicked getting a smoke/whatever with them on the other side of the world! biggrin clap)

dentrassi you sound like my kinda person! will be sure to get in touch no doubt ill fit sydney in somewhere along the line!

newgabe, sounds amazing man, and moonfest sounds totally wicked read a couple threads about it, and im sooo tempted to change my plans but depends on alot of things...now you just got me all confused and excited! ubbloco yay!

Owned by Brenn smile

926 posts

Posted:
im off, im packed and ready to go, i have a party route down to london!! beerchug will hopefully see you guys soon! biggrin

Owned by Brenn smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Happy travels wherever you go!!!

926 posts

Posted:
hey guys just got in to adelaide yesterday, not much time on the net left, whereabouts is the friday twirls? and when? unfortunately we had to leave our staffs in cairns we got stopped at the airport, gutted!! but if we're here for a while we'll send them down.....coolio hopeto see some of ya soon, take it easy!

Owned by Brenn smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
under the king william street bridge, its in the middle of the city where king william road goes over the river torrens smile there usually ppl there after 9

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

926 posts

Posted:
cool, wish our sticks were here, hopefully next week we'll have them sent out, might pop down later on tonight then, for a visual smile

Owned by Brenn smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
what happened at the airport? Always a hot topic, moving around with gear...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
hope u made it down it was a very cool night last night with teh PA lots and lots of ppl out smile see u when we get back from travels

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

926 posts

Posted:
i stupidly told the people i had the staffs in my rucksack, i shouldnt have said anything but i thought if they found them it would be worse right? but next time i reckon we'll either just post them or smuggle and not say a word...keep schtum, definitely!

didnt make it down last night as this guy was taking us the wrong way to everywhere and said that there was no bridge on king william street....but had a good night anyways pretty spontaneous... next week maybe..!

Owned by Brenn smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Clavey I'm missing you already! I've bought a staff!
And I thought you said you'd only be gone for a month! you could have said a year but I heard month lol (well I was juggling poi, a baby and a hyper steph at the same time!)

Have a brilliant time Dudette!
Mucho Huggles!
biggrin

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Well if you find yourself in Melbourne. I'll be there from jan/feb onwards. Before that, I'll be in Geelong (1 hour south)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I'll be somewhere in Australia between March and July... perhaps I'll run into some of you lovely people! I know it's a big place but I seem to meet spinners everywhere. Which can only be a cause for celebration.

to live at all is miracle enough

926 posts

Posted:
ok guys, all you adelaideians (?) im real gutted i didnt stop by, frown i may have seen one or two of you at enchanted....but its all good.. MON THE RAINBOW!! we've bought a car and were up near berri, start picking in waikerie tomorrow, mm apricots..

rouge, we'll be in melbourne for tribeadelic, i think were staying there for a month or two and then heading up the coast... this trip is turning into one massive 'bush doof' party...! biggrin

mew just let us know where you'll be if were in the general area we'll look ya up!

Owned by Brenn smile

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
tisk tisk well a large group of adelaide ppls will be at tribadelic

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I'll keep you posted! My plans are beyond vague but whatever happens I'm sure it'll be fun.

to live at all is miracle enough

926 posts

Posted:
hey hey merry christmas and happy new year! ben we wont make tribea were stuck in mundulla, a little town outside bordertown, the car broke down, again, in fact we got it fixed and then it broke down again straight away with something else...even if we did get everything fixed in time to get to melbourne for new years were too skint to get tickets, im so annoyed about that...but will definitely DEFINITELY be at rainbow, ive heard so much about this festival i think ill sell an organ if im still strapped for cash! (not that many of my organs are in working order.....)

but yeah, all you adelaidians? steer clear of somerton used car lot on brighton road, the guy is a swindler, and totally screwed us over, if your passing by do us a favour and call him a nasty word!

take it easy guys and enjoy the rest of the festive season

Owned by Brenn smile

926 posts

Posted:
hey hey, rainbow = awesome, but i = peace offtopic ubbloco im sure there were a few people i spoke to when i was off tap on here, and a few people i shouldve spoken to but was too para. but we're heading to melbourne i finally got my stick back, and im hopefully going to make another... and after melbourne, well need to work first, maybe brisbane or tas, depends on how much we make...

hope everyone who went to rainbow had a good one, take it easy....

Owned by Brenn smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, we'll see you in Brisbane if you make it up here! I presume you know about the weekly Monday night juggle jam and full-moon night Moonfest.. both have been huge lately!
Good luck with work! THere is usually loads of work up this way, by the way, with hospitality jobs and fruit picking...
CHeers
Gabe

926 posts

Posted:
eeey! got me an interview tomorrow so hopefully i can work and save and get back on the road again, were ditching the car, and my travel buddy is ditching me for mundulla...! (and her lover...)

heard lots about brisbane, and pretty keen to check out moonfest! there is a possibility i may go up to cairns till the end of march, then down to perth for a quick couple of months tour up the west coast and then back over this way.....but im still undecided... bounce bounce2 bounce

Owned by Brenn smile