Forums > Social Chat > I want something to do

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ive decided I want to start learning to do new things, can anyone make any suggestions? I know a few things im going to get more into, swimming being one, Im allready spinning poi, gonna go back and bring my french back up to a half decent level at least...but what else can I do? Looking for a job so after I'ge got one (interview very soon, fingers crossed!) I can afford to do things that cost, I dont mind spending money on things im not really a saver :P

Does anyone have any interesting things they want to share/show off to the world? ubbrollsmile

EDITED_BY: Brit_Joe (1129980614)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Clay Pigeon Shooting. Take that up. Its awesome.

And surfing... biggrin

*can't really believe you used lol in a subject line*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Well I dabble in lots of things
songwriting (I am composing a cringeworthy song at the moment)
Painting, sketching, drawing,
Storywriting (although I barely finish any of them) mostly fantasy/fiction/horror/erotica (hehe)
Web design and graphic design
Most recently poi and a little staff

things i'm gonna do soon
buy some fire fans
learn to juggle
get my drivers license

things i'd like to do
become a pilot lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
learn a musical instrument?
learn something useful like sewing??
um.. some kinda other sport?
SO many possiiblities, just depends what your interests are.

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I use lol too much, it all started with useing msn *cough*

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
dont blame msn - was prob prodigits tongue lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

boopoiBRONZE Member
99 posts

Posted:
Cooking? Mixing is a good one (keeps me occupied trying!) Chat to randoms all day online.... Er, running? Make some cool outfits/bags...

Always remember... one MUST protect thy bread....

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
crochet! pottery! or finding the most unusual thing you can do with a body part...... hehe

i love doing creative things, writing, composing, making beads and jewellery....oh! and i love putting 'art' in public places in spots people wont usually notice but then when they do they see it every time they walk past, like a faerie picture at the top of a building, or a chewing gum heart on a tree... should take that up man, its fun!

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Things like cooking and sewing are way useful.

Things like karting, kayaking, hang gliding, parachuting and horseback riding are fun, and can have a thrill aspect when done well biggrin

Musical instruments or painting are always good outlets.

It does depend on you a bit tho... what excites you?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
hehehehhe

*cough* erm moving on, I dunno till I do something, hmm good ideas! Thanks guys. Anyone got anything they do they wanna talk about, maybie u'll find someone who does it too that you didnt realise before.

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
I play the flute and the sax (the flute for a while, the sax for a few months)
I also do photography, which is loads of fun - and making pictures using photoshop.
I also make cool little wizards and gremlins out of fimo, and plan to move on clay and sculpture using wire and wood, when I have the space for a kiln and time to learn welding and carving....
I also want to join an acting thing sometime - used to do a bit of thespian stuff and directing, it'd be good to get back into it.
That just about keeps me busy for now.
Hope you find something that inspires you Brit_joe. Try everything, that's my motto - eventually you're bound to find something that gets your blood pumping
wink

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Go to the gym, 4 times a week. Stamina from swimming, muscle from weight-lifting.

Willy - is bad for your health...

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
I agre with boopoi. 'Mixing' get a couple of decks and learn to mix. Easyish to learn but hard to master. But if your not into dance music then you may want to try something else like kitesurfing. biggrin

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
have you tried dating girls?

you never know you might like it tongue
wink

Meh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hehehe, nice push kiteman tongue

Personally I'm a bit too much of a geek for most of this discussion... (like I study languages and compilers and stuff tongue)

But I also do eventing, kayaking (can't wait to do whitewater smile), ninjitsu, ballroom dancing, (and the most tiny bit of swing), cross country skiing, rock climbing, archery, am generally trying to get into a pistol shooting class... and yeah. biggrin

Would also love to play lacrosse, hockey (floor or I suppose feild), and football, but all of those require teams... something in short supply here... most particuarly the first two.

And I play the harp. I sang for six years, but the fact is I suck.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SprocketGOLD Member
140 posts

Posted:
So, Bri-Joe, don't study languages or compilers, you won't be able to discuss this thread anymore. wink

No, seriously, just give anything a go that you can get your hands on (I guess that includes girls redface) like creative art, music, sports, studies, technology... and see if you like it. If not you haven't lost anything, if you like it, go for it.

Good luck!

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

plonka63Member
6 posts

Posted:
stop sitting in front of a computer and go outside you will find things to do and people to interact within real time it is sort of like a chat room but u don't have to type

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: plonka63

stop sitting in front of a computer and go outside you will find things to do and people to interact within real time it is sort of like a chat room but u don't have to type

I must try this too!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I hate chat rooms so much, they bore the pants off me. Its not that I never did stuff, I used to swim, run, ice skate, play the keybored, do drama classes. I just ended up having to stop doing them one by one couse stuff kept getting in the way. Havnt done any of these things in about a year, and I wanna start different stuff, oh except swimming and i'll prob start to go ice skating again, but other than that I wanna start new stuff. More challenging that way and I get more out of it.

And plonka you sound abit rude :P spank

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

bellydance.

I only know one boy bellydancer. there needs to be more of them about the place.

and it's fun, i love bellydancing it's the only thing i've ever started and not quit after the first term thing.

sewing and knitting are also fun and handy... i made my friend a black courdoury handbag this weekend for her 21st birthday, she loved it.

www.craftster.org for crafty goodness... (Warning: Almost as addictive as HoP)

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Well, I've started to play drums.

I'm also artistic so I draw alot, mostly anime stuff. I'm a graphic designer so I'm always working on a design.

Things I would like to start though are:
Snow Boarding
Surfing

Dunno if that sounds interesting enough for you biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Does anyone have any interesting things they want to share/show off to the world? ubbrollsmile

Yes, but not in public. devil wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura