Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
what's the rule about smoking in the hall?

By smoking, I mean apple goodness... (also known as shisha)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im guessing that there is to be NO smoking of any sorts inside the hall.

shrug

Cos that was the rule last year.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: lolli

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:
1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.
2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys
3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Kyr - Get off at the Interchange. What day you coming up?

I'll either try and take the Fri off work, or leave early & don't mind picking people up from the interchange on my way home?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
sign me up!

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
and for those hull uni folk, i spotted a poster today advertising a trip to sheffield on the 12th (how convenient??) to go to Meadowhall, train for 14quid. could tag along just for cheaper trainage

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Long_Time_Coming

what's the rule about smoking in the hall?

By smoking, I mean apple goodness... (also known as shisha)

As Pyrowill and UCOF point out, there is no smoking allowed in the hall.

It is permitted outside, but it would be great if people ensure tab ends are not left on the ground, as this is Sheffield juggling clubs training hall, and, in the past, the church owners have asked for consideration on this.

As for 'apple goodness' I'm not sure what that means, but, if it's illegal, and seen by the hall owners (who do make occasional appearances), then there's a fair chance that use of the hall will be withdrawn from the juggling club in the future.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
hmmm...

I should've read the first post again... redface

For those that don't know, Shisha is not illegal. Granted, It looks it, because you have to smoke it through a Hookah pipe, but is 100% legal.

Shisha is basically tobacco leaf, dipped in molasses, packaged, and sold. Nothing else.

On the box, it says: 0.5mg nicotine, 0.0mg tar.

They don't add the crap that they do to cigarettes, and it smells a lot nicer, too!

Would anyone like my shisha to make an appearance? (as featured at PLAY festival, and Falmouth 4)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
No, either go proper and do tobacco or go and sit in the corner like the rest of the naughty kids

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Whaaa? eek

A shisha is GORGEOUS.
Apple tobacco ubblove mmmmmmmmm.....

Dave: All ends WILL be picked up before we leave and put in the bin. Oh, did I say "we"...I meant You....as in.. "you lot". tongue

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Jon - your coming now???

PyroWill - *hug*

LTC - I want appley goodness.... please o please o please!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: TheSilverShadow

people should come up the night before and come see squarepusher at the plug in sheff (10-6 10 quid 2 get in) then pip in the morrow, thats if it's still on the 12th

so Garth are we going up alittle early to catch [] pusher (please please please) smile

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: UglyCowsOfFrance

Why not try chasing him round the house?

ubbidea

Cuz it's not fun when it only takes two strides to catch him wink

regarding smokies.....

I had a go on the Shisha at PLAY and it was wicked! A really nice smoke peace

Yeah one thing I noticed about last year was all the dog ends on the floor, could we just put a metal bin or something similar outside for folks to use, that we can then empty into a big bin in the morning?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: T&B

Written by: TheSilverShadow

people should come up the night before and come see squarepusher at the plug in sheff (10-6 10 quid 2 get in) then pip in the morrow, thats if it's still on the 12th

so Garth are we going up alittle early to catch [] pusher (please please please) smile

I think that all depends on the others. Also sleeping arrangements could be fun! biggrin

Me, Tim, Vixen, Beth and Oli in the back of my van! It's still quite oily in the back so it could get a little dirty ubbangel ubblol

I'm probably leaning towards saying no to this. I have very little money and am moving house soon.

If there's an overwhelming need to go up on the Friday and "Push Squares" then I guess I could accomidate this.

What does everyone else in the van mission think? Oli, Beth, Vix? ubbrollsmile

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
T&B - If Garthy needs any more persuading then you have my vote on going early! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
O holy crap...... ive just looked at the date for this... i dont even know if i can go. Bugger it! xxx

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Garthy....if you wanna clear any oil just get some cheapo cat litter and spread it around the floor of the van....leave it over night and then clear it out next morning and you should find that the back is all nice and oil free smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

Garthy....if you wanna clear any oil just get some cheapo cat litter and spread it around the floor of the van....leave it over night and then clear it out next morning and you should find that the back is all nice and oil free smile

Oh thanks! Thats much better that my method which is crawl around in a nice pair of jeans and let then soak up the Oil redface

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Written by: garthy

Me, Tim, Vixen, Beth and Oli in the back of my van! It's still quite oily in the back so it could get a little dirty ubbangel ubblol

so who's driving? wink i think you should train monkeys to

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think you should train monkey to.

biggrin

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

T&B - If Garthy needs any more persuading then you have my vote on going early! xxx

guessing oli's vote is a full gone conclusion wink so how about it Beth?

as for accomadation my sister lives up in sheffied (quite near the park) so we might be able to stay there but I'll have to check that out first

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

Solacemember
14 posts

Posted:
Hey again guys.

Its great to see so much interest in our little project this year.

To answer the questions so far:

Kyrian, the cheapest destination to travel to in Sheffield is probably gonna be using the megabus to get to "Arundel Gate"...if not, you'll want the national express to the interchange.....on that note, can those who are using public transport let us know when and where they will be arriving so that we can organise guides, sherpers and camels to get you to the park.

LTC, you could bring your shisha if you want, but we already have a few up in sheffield, so it might not be worth lugging it up here (as I'm assuming its a big-bad-boy like ours). Also, it might be better not to have it at the hall, as although it is legal, it doesn't look it...and as much as an explanation helps these situations, the old phrase "tis easier to forgiveness than permission" is a little inacurate. I reckon it'd be better to leave it at home, and if people are desperate to try it, we can pop to the houses that have them in Shef.

Oooh, and the Plump DJs are also playing on the friday night, and having seen Squarepusher before (I got bored of his fret-w***ing quite quickly), I'm gonna be trying to get a "crew" to the Plumps. If anyone wants to come to an evening of music that might be a little easier to understand (ie, you wont need to heavily under the influence to dance to the Plumps, where as its quite challenging to dance to S-Pusher whilst sober).

C ya soon guys

C ya soon guys.

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Plump DJ's you say.... oh my god ubblove ubblove
shame I'm uber-skint and can only come up for the Saturday night.

smile

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hels, coms up for the friday night, ill feed, and cloth you for saturday!

Step (el-nombrie)

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Hey, sorry if im being stupid and theres already a map been posted somewhere. But im still confused on where exactly it is and what time. etc etc. Is there any chance someone can help me?

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
im not a great fan of squarepusher (please dont think less of me for it) but i am more than willing to go up early if thats what everyone else is doing. I have fridays off so uni is no problem.

Step, are you going to squarepusher? if not can i book an extra night at chez mech and pink? biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
the main spin is in a place called endcliffe park, not sure exactly where the hall is, my best advice is to jsut rendezvouz with a group of people going and head there en mass

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ok so it looks like the hobbit and i will be arriving some time saturday fo an evening of sillyness biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
coolio tell me when and ill put you guys up for the nigh tif you wnat, and i will also give you directions to where you need to be ok ?

biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

im not a great fan of squarepusher (please dont think less of me for it)

Impossible skum ubbloco

so it looks like 3 to see square pusher and 2 whimps who only like the nice pretty things in life tongue

Page: ...