Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
whos the other wimp? pretty things in life are... well... pretty! and theres nothing wrong with that! tongue

MEEEEECCCCCCHHHHH! are you ok to put me up on the friday? big hugs if you can! biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I discovered the train is less than 8 quid, so, likely will be coming on the train saturday afternoon. I intend to buy train tickets this saturday when i get into manc, so i'll post times over the weekdn.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Beth - I already told you hon, of course you're ok to crash over Fri pm;

Garthy, Oli, Tim - I plan on Squarepushing it Fri eve.
You more than welcome to crash round ours. Although not sure how much space is left. So aslong as you don't mind being close to each other wink

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ah cool i wasnt sure if you meant friday as well! thanks hunny hug

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
garthy - when are you coming back from sheffield? *hopes its the sunday*

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Ok, it may be possible I am able to go smile............yay

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Beth

garthy - when are you coming back from sheffield? *hopes its the sunday*

Sunday. Afternoon to evening depending on how I feel.

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yay jem bounce

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I'll be over saturday night, i have to be home sunday, damnit

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ok cool, i'll find out when the last train to oxford is on the sunday night.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
Hey Y'all

the church is on Hangover way (slightly appropiate, no?)
This link should show you where, its just under where Wilkinson Lane is

Teapots hall- St Andrews Reformed Church

concerning rubbish, there will be a butt-bin for dirty smokers, it is important that all fag-ends are cleaned up (as this is an issue we already have with teapots) there are recycle bins for cans and paper and normal refuse bins too.

we will have to have the hall spankly for 9.30am and vacate it at 10am so please chuck your rubbish out at the end

The park in on hunters bar roundabout, at the end of ecclesalle road (A625)
when you enter the park from there, you need to walk through the first bit, past queen Vic, till you get to the main playing field. on the right you'll see the cafe in the park, BUT before that you should see a bunch of hippies spinning by a frog-ona-log biggrin . . you'll see !
on the map, its the space above that damnable red ring.

Endcliffe Park

The park and hall are a 15(ish) min walk from each other.

if people are arriving at similar times both on friday and on sat we can organise getting people down to sheffield station to meet yous ubbrollsmile

Alternatively you can get the 289, 213, 0r the 47 bus from the sheffield interchange centre (next to the station)

we still have space at ours too if wanted. hug

hope this has helped,

oh yeah, after crazy nights at Plump DJ's and squarepusher, and a manic day on sat there are also a couple of houseparties on sat night for those who like to party daft am away.

Thanx to all those coming, i cant wait, it should be AMAZING, hurrah!
Also this is my last time organising a PIP so am so glad to have you crazy cats celebrating it

Lolli xxx

PS Long_Time_Coming, shisha should be ok, though we'll see whether it'll be aright for the hall, your welcome to bring it to ours though wink we also have some mixed apple Bac to add to your collection if you want it

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: lolli

the church is on Hangover way (slightly appropiate, no?)

Appropriate, but not entirely accurate smile

It's Hanover Way (I mention this to ease frustration for anyone using an A/Z).

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Solacemember
14 posts

Posted:

Beth, I'm the other wimp (well, I've seen Squarepusher before, and wasn't as excited as when i listen to his CD)... are you gonna come to plumps then? If so, orr if anyone else is, then check out:

https://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=uk&query=detail&event=141073

for details and ticket purchasing (its likely to sell out)

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Dah, I still havn't shook this bronchitis guys. I really want to come, but I'm not sure its on.. not with my lungs.

:/

I'll have to let people know closer to the date. And I don't have a mobile yet so you can't harrass me yet! tongue

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Wow, that was the worst mix of american and british english \i have *ever* seen.....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
plumps being...?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
bouncy goodness, you can download some tunes here to see if you like it but I think you have to be a member

smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
rah! only a few days to go! biggrin bounce

plumps are wicked party breakbeats but i'm not gonna be at either so i don't have to decide...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
am i going to feel like a massive muppet at this for not being able to juggle all that brilliantly?
i'll just stand about til it gets dark and i can start throwing lites about. or doing magic tricks!

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
majic tricks is good with me. anyway, i wouldn't worry, most of us can't juggle very well and i suspect a lot of peeps will be a bit worse for wear as usual after fri night so i don't spose anyone will notice what's goin on... besides anything you wanna learn just ask somone an i'm sure they'll teach you! smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
that's cool. and magic has a G in it, not a J! hug
whats on on friday? i could do friday!
me "juggling" at the weekend.... beerchug juggle (with more dropping) weavesmiley (with my Lites!, (you'll see)) bounce

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
maybe it should have a j in it if it's masquerading for juggling though? wink
an those picture look good to me. throw in a bit of -----> ubbloco peace devil sunny ubbtickled ubbrollsmile

an we got ourselves a party...

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
hmmm, maybe it could have a J!
the little "weave" guy looks more like a guy with some red d'lites than anything else!
i could add this guy hug but i might wierd some people out like that!

What're you looking at?
What're you callin' me!?

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
not round here.. i'm surprised i forgot em... well placed! biggrin hug

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
were coming... i have forced strugz into agreement..

so whats happening? lol wink

passing through, this world still lives.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've downloaded quite a bit of squarepusher tonight and it all appears to be somewhat less than good. So i think I'll be siding with Solace's "crew" on this one.

But only if it's pretty cheap to get in....unless some kind soul wants to shout me a ticket?

Meh

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I think im gonna be boring all together and not come until the saturday

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Im really sorry to everyone but im not going to be able to make it anymore.... To the people i owe disks (Skully) and Hugs... (Ed) i havent forgotten...

A really big sorry to Garthy for yet again messing up your car arrangements, i owe you! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
are we going to be outside all of saturday? cause if so i need to come later,.... else i could in theory come earlier... anyone?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Vixen! no! bad! come to sheffield!

Garthy, need some details pleeease, are you going up on friday or saturday? and what time so i can sort out trains? the last train back from brizzle to oxford is half 9 on sunday, will we be back by then? if not, do you have room for me to crash at yours and go back monday morning?

Ta luv xx

Page: ......