Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ah the memories ubblove hope this years is equally as awesome smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
lolli, i think durbs is not going to be going, as he is on the first leg of his world tour....

Step (el-nombrie)

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... biggrin

Will be driving up from Bristol biggrin

Space for 4 others. biggrin bounce

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
wicked... well organiminised bootyful! clap hug

looks like i'll be comin up on sat an am planning on going back via tribe of fundango in notts. i don't think durbs can make it but he may let me bring the uv cannon... maybe... umm

this is gonna be sweet again, i can't wait! biggrin bounce

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: garthy

Hmmm... biggrin

Will be driving up from Bristol biggrin

Space for 4 others. biggrin bounce

you mean space for 3 wink

Also think it probably closer to my birthday the anything in the title and as such think it should be renamed Tim/ME/T&B/ME/pink_hater/ME,ME,ME DAY SHEEFFIELD 2005 definately got a ring to it biggrin

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
counts pennies in money box

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Written by: lolli

[Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

frown

I can't - I'm off round the world for year on the 9th November smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sounds great! biggrin Have fun everybody!
But I can't come as I'm abroad frown

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
We'll be there for sure, well if the hall is available we'll be there so we can keep our little chappie warm and happie.

So so so up for this I'm almost hurting just from thinking about it biggrin It was so incredibly awesome last year and hopefully evn more so this year

I'm already sorted to stay at Steps so that's cool, thanksStep hug

If anyone needs a lift from the midlands and can get over to Telford we can fit one person in our motor vehicle, upon subsequent exchange of kindly donations of petrol money to suit your budget hug

ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Money permitting I'm going smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dude, you, your lady, and your lad, are always welcome at my place, menus of the w/e dinner plans will sonn be comming to you via an email

Step (el-nombrie)

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Heard so many good things about Sheffield meets and it's almost too close to miss.....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
i'll be there...and driving from shrewsbury if anyone needs a lift and are kinda on my way?
Becs x

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Mech, Does the offer of staying at yours still stand?
Garthy, could i possibly maybe get a lift with you?
Lolli, Your fantastic! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Garthy, could i possibly maybe get a lift with you?

Yep. Place Booked. biggrin
You get to ride the New Garthy Transport system! biggrin

Lolli, Your fantastic! xxx

Indeed she is. biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah i heard its a little bit sexy!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

wow you crazy cats, what i nice response,. and here i am with my possible lil raincloud, grr, frown

IMPORTANT!!
i need to know what y'all think o'the following.

ive spoken to a man about the hall and there may be a problem (insert "boo" here):

we can still have the hall for the 12th of november BUT not until after 10.30 at night, which means we may be seriously buggered (not literaly. . .hopefully. . . eek) if it rains .

HOWEVER, we can have the hall on the 19th of November from 4pm!

on both days we wont have to leave until 10.30 in the morn, Hurrah!, a vast improvement from the 7.30 eviction time we had last year *erugh*

So guys, the 12th or the 19th??

please please let me know what y'all think, as i need to rebook the hall by friday if the date is to be moved.

Durbs, gutted you cant come beutiful, enjoy your travelling and smile lots when bombarged with those foreign fairies lol

UCOF, come and play! miss you boy!

All of you, its good to hear from yous, and will be lovely to see your faces again biggrin hug

Lolli xxx

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Can I vote that we move Sheffield nearer to Wales please or get the train companies to drop their prices for all women that enter the train carrying Hula hoops and poi as luggage?

The 19th looks like a better date to me. If you had rain like we had rain today.......well you get the point. biggrin

hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Garthy, can you maybe swing by Oxford to pick me up? its almost on your way! biggrin

Im not fussed, either weekend is good for me.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Leeds juggling convention is on the 19th.

Willy - is bad for your health...

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I dont see how that will be a prob cos the notts convention was gonna be the sunday of the 13th aswell and we were still gonna do it werent we, personally i vote for the 19th, much better date for me and prob for other people as they have longer to organise it

19th Lolli, 19th!!! bounce

P.S. Still have my hacky sacks? wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
eithe is good for me, if its the 12th ills ee sophie on th e19th, if its the 19th ill go see sophie on the 12

vixen, of course the invitation is still open, but remeber baby house!

those who have been invvited by me, you are all welcome!

and like i said, ill cook for you all, as long as you guys wash up

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

I dont see how that will be a prob cos the notts convention was gonna be the sunday of the 13th aswell and we were still gonna do it werent we, personally i vote for the 19th, much better date for me and prob for other people as they have longer to organise it

19th Lolli, 19th!!! bounce

But its feasible to go to both the PIP on the saturday and the Notts convention on the sunday; in a way which it isn't with the Leeds convention ie PIP and Leeds are both on saturdays so it's either/or, not both.

I vote for the 12th, cos I want to go to Leeds (who, incidently, very kindly moved their convention date to November, when it was discovered that their intended date clashed with Sheffields juggling convention).

As for the weather- it wouldn't be a Sheffield PIP if it didn't pi** it down with rain at some point, why break with tradition now smile

Having said that, I'm sure whichever date is chosen, it will be a good one.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Baby house... i have to bring a baby? I dont think i can make one in that time... *wanders off to ebay* xxx

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol
Vix - I reckon some people would be willing to help you try.... wink

Bummer about the dates....12/13 Nov would be great, 19/20 Nov less so.

hug for Lolli - it's been too long! hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:

Baby house... i have to bring a baby? I dont think i can make one in that time... *wanders off to ebay* xxx

I know where you can get one cheap Vix wink

I'm easy for both dates, but with small child and lady to keep happy being outside till 10:30 (or at Steps house away from all the playing) isn't really an option so I'll go with 19th please Miss Lol hug
EDITED_BY: Dunc (1130238102)

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dunc, im prepeared to run you and your lady and your laddy, around to mine and back if you wnat man, i told you this is a break for you guys!

vix - i would offer, but i think sophie would stop me wink

Step (el-nombrie)

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
mech do you have room for me in the baby house? smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Beth - you can always stay at mine if you want? wink

I'm up for either weekend.

I reckon we should vote on which weekend is best for people?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
thankyou hunny biggrin

how about it garthy? is there room for one more in your new improved automobile? smile

Page: ...