Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
No, I'm Ed. Get with the times, Step!! rolleyes

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
AGH! it hurts

listen make sure that you makeyour sleves clar to me tomorrow, i wont care, but try wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
will are you getting to shef station at 12ish on sat??

if so mech may i join your little gathering

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: ASTRO FAERIE

Hellooo....... anyone know what bus i need from sheff to the park??? please:)

Erm you used to work in sheffieldany of the 80s from outside Virgin will get you thereyou'd better not be invisible this yearhug rolleyes

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i thought that to cantus....

mint suace, yes, maybeif you all get together at once, failing, that erm there is a tram and a short walk to my place, which would be easy

depends on what im doing at 12 :S

if some one wants a lift from the staton, call me!

Step (el-nombrie)

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
have a good weekend everyone - i want all the gory details of what i've missed!
not gonna make it anymore since i knackered my shoulder -
becs x

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
have fun everyone frown

hug

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
I really wish I could have stayed longer. If I'd known about it a bit in advance I could have cancelled the dinner plans and the sambuca and stayed out. frown Ah well. My sis thought it was a great way to pass an hour.

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Well its the morning after the night before and i thought the night before was great.
Was lovely finally meeting people in person after speaking to them on line for so long.
Thanks to all of you that made me feel welcome smile
Hello to Duballstar, Frodo, Strugz, Tempest and Angie, Alice, lolli,Solace, 2bags, OWD, Cantus, Pyrowill, Toby, and sorry if i missed anybody, was lovely spending the evening with all you guys smile
Alice.....we'll go shopping soooooon, and Cantus..hmmmmm reading level 8 you say, its dubious lol! biggrin and as for nipples....well what can i say to that really hehheheheheh :P

Thanks everyone smile

p.s. Im not invisible anymore hee hee

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
So...

Brilliant Weekend!!

Now, Who's for lost and found?

Lost:
1 x Zippo Lighter, with black grip things on it.

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Astro Fairie

p.s. Im not invisible anymore hee hee

Hmmmmm....did I meet you? confused

What a cool weekend, thanks everyone for being so ace and keeping all the flying things well away from Edan hug

Got some wicked footage, I'll see if I can put it together sometime soon ubbrollsmile

So what did everyone learn this weekend? For me....

{List of new moves learnt at 2005 bday PiP}

Dunc

1) Not-coleman3 completely by accident (or because I spoke to Oli about it biggrin

2) Double back crosses but in wheel plane and without changing sides

{/list of new moves learnt at 2005 bday PiP}

Let's relight this forum ubblove

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
someone needs to post photos of oli.....

great time guys thanks muchly - and thanks for the air mattress pete smile

i did get back ok altho i missed my proper train both directions... heh... but no getting lost in sheffeild, i'm not THAT talented.

hug

-K

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
something makes me feel like i should put my hair in dreadlocks now

What're you looking at?
I assume you're being rhetorical?
What're you callin' me!?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ed: That Zippo is mine.. ubbangel

biggrin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
You weren't even there!!

And if you were there, why on earth didn't I even get a hug and a ping?

huh?

Be Water My Friend.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
ANyway, I've just emptied my bag, and, it seems I was lying about the lighter. I must have put it in the bottom of my bag without thinking: I'm gonna need this again in about five minutes...

biggrin'oh!:

Be Water My Friend.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oh right... im a 'tard.
I totally misread what you typed.
I thoguth you had found a zippo...not lost one!

rolleyes

Did you all have fun? smile

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Much fun was had. Great to see so many people there.
Liam & Lolli - wicked to see you guys again.....

weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

To the fellow Spliff Busters - what a team we make eh! ubblol antispin spliff passing is the way forward.

biggrin

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Thanks for a top day! muchly enjoyed...

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my rouge clubs whilst i practised!

Yeah!!!

I had a good sleep last night, it was lovely u know!

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
wicked w/e

woke up today, and am now as stiff as i could be! ubblol

will post some pics later today, and maybe tomorrow, depends on how much uni work i get done frown

ok

thanks to dunc and g for bringing little edan,he was wicked, thanks to edan for not crying while i was holding him (im a scary man you know)

thanks to all those who cam eto my place and didnt bitch about lunch wink

i have started to clean the kitchen, but stopped quite quickly.... ubblol

thanks again to lollie, matt, and all the team who helped organise the meet...wicked fun guys smile

thank you guys.....

and thanks for all the smile, and happy stuff we did in the hall smile

and im sorry for getting nakid again......

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Larry

something makes me feel like i should put my hair in dreadlocks now

Dude that would look awesome! biggrin

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
was a wicked weekend, I reckon it was twice as fun as something that is really fun (only roughly speaking though).

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oli-roo, Spliff busters, Airbed Manipulation/Rugby and people who were antispinning themselves.

Lots of fun smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
that was wicked, i think ive almost stopped giggling, thanks to everyone for making the weekend

dunc biggrin for the notcoleman3

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
that was lots of fun! still very very tired after very little sleep but was worth it.

hugs to garthy for the lift, and to the rest of those in the yellow van for making it a fun journey.

hugs to G for returning my sleeping bag biggrin and sharing humous with me hug

and massively oversized hugs to Dev Kev for giving me a lift back to oxford and for introducing me to the wonderful world of hats hug hug

to everyone else, fab weekend, thanks very much!

Beth xxx

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
'SpliffBusters! They're amazing, they'll fight any spliffs an kill them anyday-hey-ay...' biggrin

...or was it

'Spliff-busters, spliff-busters, spliff-bisters and their black and white cat.... and spliffs...' ubblol

Another wonderful weekend... thank you so much Lolli, Matt and Tim for hosting us again, i enjoyed that even more than last year! an thank you everyone else for being there...

grouphug

i was so tired today i fell asleep in my car at lunch and had to be woken up by a phonecall from the office wondering where i was...

Written by: dunc

incidentally, it's funny how from oli and i throwing poi over our heads on saturday morning because it was funny, dunc's not only made it sound like a proper move but can actually do it without dropping them both and falling round giggling about it... well done mate, i saw you doing those on saturday night!

ali, well done for not being invisible, it was nice talking to you! hug

larry, nice meeting you too... the magic definately made up with the lack of juggling! growing dreads doesn't help you juggle any better though...

oh.. and well done to everyone that made it to notts on sunday... hardcore! biggrin

hugs all round hug2

edit: got a couple of sunday morning photos in me gallery now... ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: duballstar (1131999147)

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

Written by: dunc

incidentally, it's funny how from oli and i throwing poi over our heads on saturday morning because it was funny, dunc's not only made it sound like a proper move but can actually do it without dropping them both and falling round giggling about it... well done mate, i saw you doing those on saturday night!

And funnier still that I had no idea you'd been doing it and somehow managed to nail it the same day....must be the PiP magic ubblove ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

ubbidea Hey! Go learn really cool long arm anti-spin pirouettes and don't tell me about it next time we met up biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
you know i just had this really great idea... ubbidea wink

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
what a weekend ubblove

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

'Spliff-busters, spliff-busters, spliff-bisters and their black and white cat.... and spliffs...' ubblol

Definately that one Dub ubblol ubblol ubblol

im glad no-one was listening in a 4am - we would have sounded wierd otherwise ubblol

Well, My first poiinpark and WOW.

Great time had indeed - great to meet all the northern poiple biggrin

Best moment for me was being the only one awake whilst spinning my techs trying not to bump into any of the sleeping, that night i got blisters from poi and i learnt "perfect" split time flowers - me like poi again ubbrollsmile

Much thanks to all i saw and all that organised

Oh and Dunc / Hels - i havnt forgotton - the postal service will provide wink

grouphug

oh and extra special thanks to Mech for ltting me stay at his and feeding me some fine cooked food - (much to my surprise! wink)

Nice one dude biggrin hug

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Page: ...