Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
then in taht case she has no excuse to leave so late wink

i thought miss hels was going, hwo come your not going?

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I am though..... umm

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
You reckon 10am is late for a saturday?

eek

You clearly don't know me that well ubblol

I'll try leaving earlier....i'll text ya when i leave.

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mech please note:
Written by: Helz Bellz

I'll try leaving earlier....

ubblol

...Ice cubes and hell spring to mind.. wink

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
oi !

spank

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I mean,
Of course she will be there Mech.. if Helz says she will do something, she will!

ubbangel

(luv u Helz hug)

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
biggrin that's better.

(although lets face it, we all know I'm gonna snooze that alarm quite a few times tomorrow morning ubblol I just ubblove my sleep too much!)

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
yay, i fel much more sorted now smile ubblove ubbrollsmile

can't wait to see people... i will be less shy than i was at fal4 and uberpoi, i pwomise smile (or at least i'll try)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hels, i know you love your sleep, but come on, its me...

ad i have yoru birthday pressie, and im cooking for you, and making sure you are safe, and happy all w/e....
smile

i dont mind when you get here lady, ill wait for you, ill drive dunc across the city, and come back for you, hows that?

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
What's this about lunch on Sat?

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
for those who i have said ill cook for, ill cook for

Step (el-nombrie)

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

Whoops, sorry girl! wasn't too well informed huh!
there are payphones all round the station which cost 20p/min.
alternatively you could call the operater and reverse charges.

But you seem to have been sorted, Hurrah!

If anyone is stuck for somewhere to crash tonight, give me a call and we should be all good to put you up. . err somewhere in our house lol.

1 day to go. . . *hurrah hurrah* ubbrollsmile

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
And everyone mech hasn't said he'll cook for...

I bought some yummy feta cheese & spinach lattice's that i'll be cooking whenever i get hungry sometime sat morning/afternoon bounce

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Pinky pinky pink

I bought some yummy feta cheese & spinach lattice's

Hey Step, you should have consulted Alice, they sound lush ubblove wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
setting off for notts after work tonight.. see you all tomorrow! Yay! biggrin bounce sunny weavesmiley

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Mech hug

I'll leave earlier, and aim to get to you 12.30/1ish..... will let you know if I get delayed with traffic and stuff. Cos I can always come and find the park, and meet you there?

anyhoo - it'll be fine. It'll all work out. one way or another.

ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hels when ever you get here taht cool. it would be much easier for you to go to my place, and then ill pick you up from here, cos driving across the city, can be a little trickie.....

arrive when you can, and tahts wicked princess.

smile

Step (el-nombrie)

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Umm can someone please tell me what bus i catch to the park from sheffield as i am coming up from work? smile

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Mech, i will be coming to sheffield aiming to be there around 12, with ed and one more guy, is it cool if we go straight to yours, or is that gonna be too many people?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
If all goes well, I should be arriving at the train station in the early afternoon, probably around 1-2ish, could some kind soul give me some directions to the park?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i might even get lucky enough to have a crap (read: cant take calls, but can text) phone by tommorow... if i do i'll text ed and lolli and get them to distribute it if anyone needs to get ahold of me...
temporary measure, bt could be useful....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
sorry.. I read that first line as "i might even get lucky enough to have a crap"

umm ubblol

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
will thats cool, i stil have no idea who is staying where over night, so im sure we will sort something out

bov, pm me a time ou are gettin in, and ill come get you, or call me when you get in and ill come pick you up ok?

and then you can some with us to the park

lastly to all those who are comming to mine, laptops, and i-pods, mp3 players stuff, as i expect you to brig me cool muisc, and vids to trade wink

everyone who needs a lift best pm tomorow again to make sure i remeber.....

there was something else i was going to say, but cant remeber

Step (el-nombrie)

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: UnbeatenChampionOfFighting

sorry.. I read that first line as "i might even get lucky enough to have a crap"

umm ubblol

You weren't the only one, Jon... ubblol

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Hellooo....... anyone know what bus i need from sheff to the park??? please:)

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no sorry i dont,but i think a post by lolli on teh last couple of pages should tell you

Step (el-nombrie)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Have a great weekend everyone smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Written by: lolli

Hey Kyrian,

however if you find yourself stranded you can give me a call or get on a 289, 214 bus from the interchange.
my numbre is 07966 774854

hows that?

Step (el-nombrie)

LarrySILVER Member
Electro Ponce!
383 posts

Posted:
Written by: PyroWill

... with ed and one more guy...

LARRY!, his name is LARRY!
or Lawrence, if you prefer

What're you looking at?