Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > PIP/SPITZ/HOP(/Sphereculism?) DAY SHEFFIELD 05- possible date change!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:

(Finally. . . ,)

SATUADAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2005

ENDCLIFFE VALE PARK, HUNTERS BAR, SHEFFIELD biggrin

To celebrate Poi in the Parks birthday we would like to invite you all to come and join us for a weekend of misadventure in the crazy picski land of sheffield once more.

First and foremost i'd like to apologise for the huge delay in getting this even finalised it has been an incredibly complex, hair-pulling, knicker twisting (,cake eating) time in sorting out but we reckon we are now in a position to set up the best time we can hold for all you lovely people to come and enjoy! hug

PIP will be on satuaday in endcliffe park, entrance on hunters bar roundabout (off the A625). Starting at 3PM and finishing at last-man-standing ubbloco

As with last year, we should have St Andrews Church hall booked from 7(ish) for indoor fun, walmth, tea and cake - hurrah.

The hall should be avalible over night with heating, kitchen and toliets, they church holders ask us to keep it clean.

(note: this is where we run the teapots circus society meets so there is laodsa room and plenty of hieght for juggling)

- New for this year: we are hoping to get a nice sound system set up for the evenin (either at the hall, or at our house) and enough UV in the back room to make all you techno hippies glow! peace [Durbs, you gonna come play? and with your funkin' cannon?]

The hall can sleep up to 60 peeps if y'all feelin nice and cozy. however there are a few things to note:

1) there is NO smoking inside the building, though outside the front and in the courtyard is fine.

2) there can be no fire spinning on the grounds - their rule guys

3) we'll proberly get evicted at around 8.30 am for the sunday school

BUT!!! and as some of youy may remember from last year. . . the party will not stop there:

for those who wish to carry on grrovin/spinning/other miscellanious nighttime activities biggrin we will be moving the fun to crookes valley park (behind the university of sheffield) which is 10mins walk from the hall to spin, drink some beers and hope not to full in the lake!

- our house, as well as some other teapot member's back onto this park so there will be walmth and tea and good company if it start to get cold.

Alternate places to crash:

we can sleep about 20 people at ours and the other guys on the teapot committe say they have room between 5-10 people each depending, so no worries for places to crash you are all welcome (though of course ours will have the best cake wink )

Also Step has offered a couple of places for those who may want somewhere quite to crash out.

Sunday will be a "see how it goes" kinda thang though crooke valley park (and its containing pub) would probably be the best bet as it means people can store their gear at ours.

Also NEW to this year (drumroll please . . . )

SPITLEFIELDS, Londons Tuesday meet up, organiser, the illustrious Monsieur Spacemokey (Ewan) is getting involved in helping you southen-bound monkeys up to play and enjoy the festivities! ubblove

Ewan is hoping to use some of the spitz account to hire a minibus/coach/paying for trainfares to get you crazy cats up here.

- in note, however, midland mainline have a current promotion on for £6 single tickets between london and sheffield, so it still wont be an expensive trip up.

Last but not least:

i just need to say, at the moment the hall is not garentteed though i hope to know in the next week whether we can have it or not, if not i will look for another big space for people to stay.

also, if you are coming up could you please let me me know who you are and whether you need somewhere to stay so as to help make this event go smoothly.

if your coming up from the south and are interested in the kindly offer of possibly FREE travel with the Spitz-O-Mobile please get hold of Ewan as soon as poss. so he knows how any spaces to book for.

you can get hold of:

Me (Lolli), by PM or on o7966 77 4854;

Solace, by PM or on o77o8 653 491;

Ewan, by PM (dubiously, lol) or on o7779 322 530

any feedback or ideas would be welcome, we just want to get something groovin' going on for everyone to enjoy. the only thing to bare in mind is that if the date need moving, sheffield winters get cold and rainy and it will soon be too bad for outdoor spinning!

other information/updates/maps extra will be posted here or on the teapots forum:

Teapots homepage

hope to see y'all very soon and smilin

much love

Lolli and Solace. xx

Ps: Poi Poi Poi, i tried to email you earlier this week, not sure if youve got it. does sphereculism still want to get involved in its celebrations?

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Yeah sorry everyone. Here's the plan.....

I'm going up on the Sat not Friday as I really don't fancy tackling the traffic on friday evening. It'll take around 4 hours to get there if the traffic is good and traffic on the M5 / M42 / M1 is normally terrible on a friday.

I'll be leaving Bristol around 10ish on sat morning hoping to get to sheffield by 2ish.

Staying the night at sheffield and then on to Notts one day convention then back to Bristol in the evening.

Space is always available at mine to crash before and after.

That is all biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: Frodo

were coming... i have forced strugz into agreement..

so whats happening? lol wink

you used force? when ?

looking forward to this little shindig biggrin

oh and people who will be expecting discs from me - keep expecting wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Struuuuugz!!!!

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I am not able to go now, to much work at the moment frown

jems going to try and be sensible smile, and miss you all rolleyes

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
I may possibly make a brief appearance at some point, depending on weather and sister and if I can find where you are.

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: Katrina

I may possibly make a brief appearance at some point, depending on weather and sister and if I can find where you are.

And you don't fall asleep! rolleyes biggrin hug

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
that was a one off occasion (that I'm realising I will never live down). London is a very tiring city when you're being a tourist on your own. Far more tiring than a night of clubing and a day of shopping in Sheffield with my sister will be.

tongue

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
thanks garthy, looking at train times id have to leave oxford at 6 in the morning to get to you before 10, stoopid trains. so if its ok, ill prolly come up on the friday night and go back early ish monday morning! biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: Vixen

Im really sorry to everyone but im not going to be able to make it anymore.... To the people i owe disks (Skully) and Hugs... (Ed) i havent forgotten...

Disks? for me? looks a little puzzled
I can't get to Sheffield anyway Vix so I wouldn't have been there to get them anyway. hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce bounce

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
lets see how much of a hippy you are how Mohaha

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
umm

you're not planning on taking on the whole of sheffield this time are you? i thought you'd learned your lesson in bristol...
rolleyes

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
* is very excited.

Strugz is offically king of the slackers!!
What could he be doing with all his time?

passing through, this world still lives.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
avoiding you ubbloco

how were you getting to sheffield again?

you failed to tell me wink

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
wink

passing through, this world still lives.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you are both slack, strugz you know it frodo you know you are to! wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Calling all London-ites biggrin

I'm driving up to sheffield on Sat morning, and have space in my car if anyone needs a lift and doesn't mind chipping in for some petrol.

So......anyone fancy a road trip up to sunny sheffield?

PM me smile

hug2

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
dont want to take a hobbit Helz do ya wink

or at least his shoes anyway...........ill pay good money!!

ubblol

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Can the Hobbit skin up? Cos this is an important co-pilot job wink

See youz at the weekend smile

ubbrollsmile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
no the bloody worthless hobbit can not........

neither can 2bags - man gigs are real pain in the arse you know, i had to trade 2bags for a Dub on our last adventure for just that reason ubblol

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
sheffield? what do you think am a wimp or something??? No this time am taking on the whole of the North ubblol

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Hey Garthy babes, u have little space for little hopper in your yellowy funky supervan with wow orange lighty thingys? thankx

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Helz Bellz

sunny sheffield?

OMG biggrin I've just looked at the weather, and it seems it will be a sunny sheffield on Saturday.

ubbrollsmile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:

sunny sheffield?

OMG biggrin I've just looked at the weather, and it seems it will be a sunny sheffield on Saturday.

ubbrollsmile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HELEN YOU DONT SAY THAT!

its like saying you have had a good journey on teh motor way, just before you hit that 50 mile que!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we never talk about thweather, shhhhhh

*OH GREAT WEATHER GODS, she is young, and does not understand your reverence, please do not punish us all for one womans mistake*

*We shall have to have a sacrifise to make them happy, hobbit, get on the stone slab*

Step (el-nombrie)

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
great choice of sacrifice Mech, although dont sacfifices usually have to be virgins?

I think your [censored] out of luck there.......... ubblol

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
oh have a little faith won't ya! rolleyes

So, I'm guessing it'll be all my fault if I'm wrong.

I can handle that.

kiss

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
strugz, who the [censored] would sleep with fro, and hence, fro is a virgin, unless you are talking about to himslef wink

plus is we sacrafice him, then more food for the rest of us wink

Step (el-nombrie)

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
the north tim... ? wimp

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

strugz, who the censored would sleep with fro, and hence, fro is a virgin

*whistles and wanders off looking innocent*

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Page: ......