Forums > Social Chat > ok...whos the girl spinning fire at the very beginning of the training video??

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I got my practice POI and video the other day. I like the streamers.. The video was very well done i thought. Very easy to follow for peeps that are just starting. I bought the video and the P-POI for my friends birthday. The girl at the beginning is so fluid and smooth. I love that opening move where she swings forward arms stretched out above her head, then drops int a ??tucking horizontal windmill-type move?? its a little hard to see because it overexposes with her doing a butterfly. But i am getting new ideas of stuff to try just by watching that 3 minute opening..Whos is that girl..anyone here on the board? Shes not bad looking either..(im not being shovanistic, just stating the obvious)Porps to the tape creaters, again, very well done..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
thanks malcolm!!------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
Just seen the video and am feeling most humbled. OK, I can do all the moves (except the overhead weave - will have a go tonight) but no way do they look soooooooo smooth and effortless - I found the whole thing amazingly and beautifully hypnotic.It's funny, but it made me realise that I didn't really have any idea at all what this poi business is meant to look like ( blush - hopelessly embarrassed). I got mine a short while back because one of my friends was adamant that I'd love it (hmmmm, easily led or what wink) and physically dragged me down to the shop to buy a set. Sure enough, I'm now well and truly hooked - without ever realising how beautiful it could be until now. It's opened up a whole new dimension to twirling - watching it can be almost as good as doing it!With eyes half openNoods smileP.S. Can't wait for the compilation video!!!!!!! grin

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

Dr.NoodleHeadBRONZE Member
170 posts

Posted:
and...........!Having learnt with fire poi (fabulous but extremely painful at times wink) I think comet poi are brill. They're soooo pretty and really make me do the moves with a precision that even blazing fire pois never elicited. I am entranced. Twirling just gets better and better.I really should get out more.Happily gobsmackedNoods

Fish are just like trees except they move and they're invisible

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
my sentimants exactly Noods..i waas watching her spin, and the way she threw them around her with such confidence and ease was too cool. I have rewound that opening and the very ending dozens of times just to watch those few minutes...with enough practice, i hope to get that smooth.------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

- Mark Twain

Rainbeaunewbie
1 post

Posted:
Hi! New to the boards here and also wanting info on the smooth mama in the AOP video. Any idea what exactly she's doing? Do I se some backward weaves, split windmills and a corkscrew (or partial corkscrew, I like to call it a corkscrew "rush") here and there?

I have to say, some men are as fluid as she is, but the ladies I've spun with are typically smoother. Perhaps its a "woman thing". We do tend to be better dancers and such? Not to be sexist, there are many smooth male spinners as well.

Starlit evenings to all!
Rainbeau

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i hear arashi spins like a corilois wind in the deep bleds!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always