Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
babies on TV
Talpa, the TV station that produced the show, has been accused of exploiting the birth to boost its ratings.

hmmmm, im not sure what i think about this. on one hand, it's a natural part of life, and so we shouldn't be ashamed to show it on tv. on the other hand, even though they had the girls permission and everything it seems a bit exploitative. i guess some people don't care what they doas long as everyone sees them do it.

do you think it's abeautif thing, or just someone showing off?

Written by: BBC news website

Talpa, the TV station that produced the show, has been accused of exploiting the birth to boost its ratings.

But spokeswoman Stephanie Dekker said the scenes were not explicit, and that more graphic birth footage had been shown on educational and medical programmes.

surely it not being explicit doesn't have any relevence to whether they were using it to boost ratings or not? tastefull or not, they blatanly did it to make people watch - that's their job!

hmmmm, i still don't know!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
It would be the Dutch. ubblol

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Surely anybody would prefer childbirth to be more... private?

Written by: bbc

The contestants, whose last names are not given, must stay in the house until they are either voted off the programme in a viewers' poll or win the 400,000-euro ($477,000) prize.

... and I cannot understand why the UK version would convert from Euro to Dollars, but not to Pounds...

Willy - is bad for your health...

KradBRONZE Member
60 posts

Posted:
In my opinion, people who spend all their time sitting in their houses watching people sitting in a house need to take a look at their lives (no offense to those who do watch the show). But it just seems to be a desperate attempt at grabbing ratings, but if allways thought TV was evil.. umm

Like all these 'Soap' watchers, I can see the attraction of watching sum kick ass Anime and/or cartoons. But to spend ur life in front of a TV and dissing the people on it just seems a bit.. ironic to me. But thats just my opion..

"Hold on tight to what you love and cherish, allways stand up for what you know to be right. Live everyday as if it were your last, and dont forget to smile!"

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
On Big Brother: Possibly one of the most pointless shows ever concieved. Boring people, in a boring house. I don't need to see people arguing. If I want to do that I watch "BBC Parliament" where at least they're arguing about important things. Boring, boring, boring.

On childbirth: How would you like to be the child born on Big Brother? You'd never escape it, not for 10, 20 or 40 years. You'd constantly be reminded of it. Just like whoever that celebrity was who was going to have/has had her childbirth broadcasted onto the internet. (Can someone tell me who that was, and whether it happened or not?)

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Wasn't that the queen of self-promotion herself, Jordan?

I liked the principle of Big Brother from a socio/pschyo experiment aspect but the last 2 series have just been pointless, mindless promotion of headline-grabbing antics by wannabees - it and the people in it and who watch it now turn my stomach.... see Bluecats thread on the Dalai Llama's view on the modern world and BB epitomises the issues frown

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
mmmm, well i hate bb with a pasion. it had the promise of so much more... frown

it could have been a really really good show, educational as well as entrationing, but instead....wel...it's not even a freak show, just public access tv for show offs!

the thing about the birth is, well, i guess a long time ago more people would have known more about what it was like, with it being at home & all....i've certainly never seen a birth before, and although i really don't like bb, this might have tempted me just to see what it's like..you know? i don't plan on ever having kids....so i think it could have been interesting.

i guess it depends on how they showed it. and i guess i could always rent out a school science video!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
I love life and nature, half my family are nurses, but watching child birth makes me squirm and feel faint!

Maybe that's adamn good reason for shoing it to teenagers!!!

BB lost it's way to popularity - did you see the one where jor publics were put in a prisoner/prison officer environment? Awesome - there was anarchy in the end cos the 'officers' couldnt cope with denying the 'inmates' fundamental priviledgesat least one of the inmates was up for total anarchy by aggressive means.... Interesting...

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hmmmmmmmmmm idea for another thread me thinks