Forums > Videos > Isolation Magic @ 30 FPS

Login/Join to Participate

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Why do I post practice video's?

What I do is record myself spinning to see where I need improvment... and then sometimes post here to see if anyone out there can comment on my spinning so I can grow from that as well. Thanks weavesmiley

Big Edit:

Ok found a video cam but I could not shut off the damn display... sorry... shows what I'm doing better and I also slowed it down for you all.

Thanks

Just a few quick vid's of my isolations, invertions, ect.

Isolation Magic High Frame Rate

BTB Stuff in wall plane... includes 5beat and other stuff. Right Click and save as: DivX

Getting Smoother ?

Question... the Isolated 5 beat I do near the end of this video... how can I open it up more?

EDITED_BY: PupDawg (1130362767)

Robert Bruce
Poi Geek, Technologie Freak. Montreal, Quebec Canada

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
nice, only i cant really tell whats going on due to the framerate and all. not in detail that is.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yes, I was just going to post the same thing. Can you either spin slower, or use more visible heads, please? I know you've got some glow toys somewhere smile

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Yea I know the quality suck for two reasons... the 6MB limit on the uploads and I'm using a webcam instead of a video cam.

Robert Bruce

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
I just keep being sent back to the HOP homepage?

Don't worry, be happy...

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Ok I have reposted the video in high frame rate and much better quality then the past.

Robert Bruce

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
It stops me after 14 seconds in Winamp and after 16sec in WMP frown, but the begginig is good.

:R

POI THEO(R)IST

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Not sure why... it works fine for me and a few other I have ask to test it.

Sorry

Robert Bruce

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
actually, the last one worked for me.
I'm sure you've noticed a lot of this already, but i'll try and give some constructive criticism....

timing needs to be worked on a bit more. You've got the idea, but it needs to be refined.

Also, i'm not sure if you're moving your hands enough, really go for those circular movements.

to be honest, i'd prefer a full speed vid, as slow mo can be confusing as to how much control you have over the poi.

as for insides, i couldn't really see them but that's due to camera angles and problems i think.

planes are looking ok

good range of places to spin (i.e you've got the btb stuff down it looks like) and I liked the sneaky hyperloop at the end.

one thing I would add for personal preference is a wider stance of the feet and legs and more emphasis of the poi movement with your body. but I think you're in a small space so don't have a lot of room to maneuvre?

hope that helps

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
This is really the first time I've ever been able to see myself spin as I've never had a cam to record with other then a web cam and no large mirrors ect. to see what is happening. I'll take all criticism good and bad becauase it will all help me reach my goals smile Thanks biggrin

Robert Bruce

CalliusBRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
I think it's looking really nice. Your isolations are pretty nice, but I would work on evening them out a bit. I like your 5 beat btb, though for the first half of the second video you only focused on your right side, remember that symetry (or poignant asymmetry) is important.

Overall, it looks really nice, and those 5 beats with isolations thrown in look pretty decent.

Like others said, open your stance and try to open your hands a bit.

RobertBruceGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Thanks...

This is great, I have been thinking about taking some Yoga or Tai Chi to help me with stance and movement. What do you all think ? wink

Robert Bruce

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
yoga will help flexibility (and stance to some extent)
tai chi or kung fu will help with stance and footwork (and flexibility to some extent).
I'm also thinking of taking up both of these. Oh, and I'd like to learn some capoera (spelling?) too.

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
IF you want to open up the five beat weave just go one beat isolated where you would spin buzzsaw plane then go uder over arm with isolation. Just add one extra beat of isolation in the middle, plus this trick will look like a cheater 7. Good luck. I have learned a lot from your video, I just posted a video showing the difference betweenn normal buzzsaw, split time buzzsaw and isolated buzzsaw. It is in the video section. Indoors is limiting, but you get the idea.

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.