Forums > Social Chat > 101 things I learned from movies

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Ok seen this done on another forum, and it was quite funny, so i thought i'd thief the idea. basically you put things that movies taught you

I'll Start

#1. Every phone number in the US starts with 555-.......
#2. The best way to take over a planet is to park giant space ships over major landmarks and blow them to bits

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
if you pull someone to the side of the room, or to the nearest doorway, the others in the room can't hear you as long as they are out of focus.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Oh, I'm watching such a good movie for this thread right now:

A plane can be struck by lightening, killing all crew and comms system, but unharming the rest of the plane, passenger, and autopilot.
Once wire controls everything in the autopilot, when it sparks, the autopilot changes direction.
A "computer geek" can connect the autopilot to a laptop using the burnt out wires.
When all the comms systems are down, the in-flight entertainment will be able to pick up a direct link to the local news, where the passengers can watch their plight. (A child is required to change the channels on the in-flight TV system)
Shooting the plane down is the only choice the authorities on the group will consider.
No-one out of 483 passengers from America to London will have any flying experience. And only two of those passengers will be British. And they will be very old.
The pregnant woman will always go into labour.
And there won't be a doctor on board either.

I'm sure there'll be more before the film finishes.....

biggrin

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
McDonalds serves breakfast untill 11am and not 11:30am
Thank you Adam Sandler biggrin

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Canadians get blamed for everything!

Musicians are all arrogant until they have a dawning moment of realisation

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
If a plane cockpit is struck by lightening, this will cause a fire in the cockpit, all the crew will die, but the glass won't break.
The navigation computer on a plane looks like a video game, displaying the destination in large characters, and a detailed road map quickly scrolling underneath it. That's handy to know!
A plane takes on board twice as much fuel as it needs - so for New York to London, it will carry 13 hours worth of fuel.
Vancover airport consists only of one runway/taxiway - it's very very small airport for such a big city.
Fire crews will be stupid enough to park where a crashing/landing plane could hit their car with an engine.

This is the best worst film I've ever watched ("Panic in the Skies"!!!)!

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
In a disaster situation (House fire, tornado, volcano, a killer bee attack, etc) the dog always comes out dirty but otherwies unharmed. Same goes for anyother household pet!
Apart from fish!

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
One flaming wheel always rolls from the burning wrekages.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Written by: LilMissSmartyPants

McDonalds serves breakfast untill 11am and not 11:30am
Thank you Adam Sandler biggrin

:O its only 10:30 in cambridge!!!!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: DrBoo

This is the best worst film I've ever watched ("Panic in the Skies"!!!)!

ubblol sadly i watched this film too dr boo so you kind of beat me to it tongue biggrin

Sykes87newbie
10 posts

Posted:
You can always survive at least one bullet wound unless ur a hench man.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
getting shot in a film, your flounder around and die slowly. in reality a 9mm wont always put you down and if its an old war film an enfield 303 will normally take your arm/leg off, but in the film it will just wound you. ubblol

thats why now a days armys use 5.56mm, so if it hits you in the chest it will just maim you. a wounded soldier is more of a burden for an army than a dead one.

(sp??) on all this my fire wall is acting up and wont let me use the spell check frown

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
- shooting hoops in basketball is way easier in the last two seconds of the game.... or scoring goals in any other sport for that matter
- if you do finally end up going to the toilet, something bad will happen to you
- there's always a guy in the next cubicle asking for toilet paper
- toilets in restaurants always have a handy escape window (for when the proverbial sh*t goes down biggrin ..... groan....)
- there's always a green light on office desks
- back on the toilet theme... a gun works fine after having been stored in the cistern
- if you want to dial 911, you will instantly lose reception on your cellphone
- in the extremely rare occurence that the pet DOESN't survive, the last shot in the movie will be of its puppies/kittens/tadpoles
- jumping from a speeding train/bus/car is fine as long as you roll

everyone's unique except me

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
"ITS A TRAP!" wink

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Page: