Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > smooth transitions into corkscrew

Login/Join to Participate

jesusofsuburbiamember
27 posts

Posted:
i have found two transitions into the corkscrew but both seem very sloppy. one is entering it from chase the sun and the other is entering it from a butterfly turn but my planes are not perfect at first. what other moves can it be done from?

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
this is in a thread not far down with 'corkscrew' in the title

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

jesusofsuburbiamember
27 posts

Posted:
sorry rev, i allways search before posting but i read through that thread and it only seems to concentrate on entering it from windmill, one person mentions transitioning from chase the sun. what i am wondering is if there is multiple moves to enter it from so i can better incorporate it into my spinning

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same
263 posts

Posted:
well, one transition i've been working on (not got it propperly yet but getting there) is going from a forwards wheel plane (poi on each side spinning same way) or weave if u wanna make it hard, to overhead (meaning horizontal over my head) butterfly/TTN then let one poi wrap an then poof u are in corkscrew

getting from wheel spin to over head isn't hard, just break and move the plane, poi hit 6o'clock and you extend your arms outward so when they hit 3 o'clock (both pointing straight behind you) you pull your arms straight in front of you and up a bit (kinda like you are gonna give a big hug to a friend but then move arms up above head) and now u are in a butterfly or ttn horizontall over your head. i kinda like the look of the horizontal overhead ttn for a few beats.

to get outa corkscrew theres many ways, i manytimes just drop into a windmill directly. But one way I try now is to do the corkscrew couple times, do a 4 beat corkscrew (hands get extra twist at top and bottom) then coming out of the ottom part i open my arms wide as they go above my head for a giant corkscrew but i spin my body around (um hellicopter i call it, dunno what it is if it is anything) and then drop one arm to a weave followed by the other as it hits the point the first dropped from. (say im spinning CCW if you look down at the ground, when ready i drop my right arm downward to make the poi swing at about a 45 degree angle and bring it up under my left to start a weave, follow with left hand)

another way that I actually like is to do a windmill or weave and on a turn or 2 shorten up the strings by letting em wrap your hand a time or 2 then drop from weave to buzsaw then break it to a corkscrew either by leaning the buzzsaw or doing a sudden plane break. or u can be in windmill and quickly change to corkscrew (again strings ar wrapped so this is all short string stuff, inside arms and such) and u can do a corkscrew/buzzsaw combo right in front of you then if strings are wrapped properly you can whip an arm over your head at the top of the corkscrew to unwrap hands and get them long again.

but what thats just my 2 cents.

I once learned every move that there was,
Every style, Every technique.
Then I woke up, and forgot it all,
So now I struggle to dream.

BrettStarPLATINUM Member
old festy hand
765 posts

Posted:
like your style imbalance

ImbalanceGOLD Member
not different, just not the same