Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Everybody keeps telling me not to panic but I'm bored not panicing.

We're all gonna die!!!

The UK government ordered 14 million doeses of an antiviral drug against avian flu... and strains are already resistant and passing between people.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4343136.stm

The time for pushing and shoving is NOW! AHHHH!

I think I feel a scratch in the back of my throat.

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sakura_Moon

Besides, my immune system isnt too bad nowadays. I'll live.

The problem with bird flu though is the fact that because it doesn't normally affect our species, we have little or no natural immunity to it, which is why it makes it so deadly to humans.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
To be honest, I'm more worried about catching Chlamedia off of Parrots wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
mmm, bird flu...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Melbourne had a scare the other day...but the guy tested negative.

*phew* smile

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MurfdaSmurfmember
59 posts

Posted:
If ya want to not worry start eating Kim Chi. It is a Koren fermented cabbage. One of the spices in it helps to prevent Bird Flu. So eat lots O' Kim Chi. The funny thing is I heard about this more than a month ago and very few people picked up the story. You would think if this is so scary any help is good right? Espesally an herbal natural source like a spice.

Oh well media is weird. Who know what they will decide is worth telling us, and what isn't.

Kind of makes me wonder though 'bout the conspiracy therories of the bird flu. I mean if there is an easy herbal remedy, why is it going to be a pandemic? And if it is why not tell as many people about the herbal remedy as you can?

I thought I waz just dreammin'?!!??!!??!! Dis place can't really be real.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
I think the spice you refer to is Star Anise, which tastes like the black licorice candy. You can chew the seeds themselves, or use it as an ingredient in cooking. It's one of (the main? not sure, never really looked into it) the ingredients of the Tamiflu product that is being stockpiled to be used in the event of flu outbreak.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
RIGHT! That settles it I -have- to go to the shop and buy some licorice to eat, ive been toying with the idea of weather to go to the shop up the road or not, hearing the word licorice has got me a craving for the stuff, perhaps even palmer violets ooh goodie *rubs hands together*

What was I gonna say...oh yeah, I forgot birdflu was ever even a scare until I saw this thread, good ot hear the buzz has calmed down, it was getting to sound like a broken record.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Calmed down? Boy, you crazy. It ain't even begun.

eek

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
It has, chicken buisnesses have gone back up again. Its not in the papers, or on the news.

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

10,530 posts

Posted:
So just because its not in the media means its not happening. Right. umm

There's an AIDs epidemic in Afirca, but thats not on TV. So is that not happening either? confused

Whilst I don't belive that Bird Flu will be as bad as predicted (seeing as the media has blown every other thing out of proportion, just to sell papers etc), I think its a bad idea to ignore it completly.

If the disease mutates (which it most likely will) we're going to have some mighty sick people on our hands. Ignoring it or saying its not going to happen when there is a very high chance that it will just seems a bit silly to me.

I just hope my local KFC doesn't close. They should just give out a free shot with every bucket of chicken purchased. wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

It has, chicken buisnesses have gone back up again. Its not in the papers, or on the news.

So you didn't see the 1 hour panorama programme on two nights ago then? umm

And for all your influenza needs our favourite shrubbery has provided PandemicFlu.gov smile

or how about a cuddly bug? smile

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

So just because its not in the media means its not happening. Right. umm

There's an AIDs epidemic in Afirca, but thats not on TV. So is that not happening either? confused

Whilst I don't belive that Bird Flu will be as bad as predicted (seeing as the media has blown every other thing out of proportion, just to sell papers etc), I think its a bad idea to ignore it completly.

If the disease mutates (which it most likely will) we're going to have some mighty sick people on our hands. Ignoring it or saying its not going to happen when there is a very high chance that it will just seems a bit silly to me.

I just hope my local KFC doesn't close. They should just give out a free shot with every bucket of chicken purchased. wink

*sigh* Yes that would be what I was saying...if I had written something completly different to what I did. umm

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Neither is Iraq.

That thing must have blown over too.

*shakes head from side to side*

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
*blinks* go and read my post again properlly, I was talking about the media hype

(and Iraq is often in the news actually)

Dr_MollyPooh-Bah
2,354 posts

Posted:
er... so is bird flu? umm

am I invisible? :looks shifty:

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
But not constantly like it used to be, bam bam in your face. Jeeez how is it possible for people to miss such an odviouse point entirly I dont know.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
cause we think different to you? I didn't understand what you meant in the first post myself....
:/

people have troubles with each other....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Poi_Romember
55 posts

Posted:
A bit OT but concidering the circumstances and my sense of humour thought i would be funny to tell you this..

There a local gay bar I go to and there is a notice on the bar that says :-

"Due to the recent outbreak of bird flu, all hen parties have been banned"

That just made me laugh so much.. coz all u see down there are hen parties..

Thats Mr Poi-ro!
Qualified SCUBA Diver.. Not worked out how to fire spin and dive at the same time yet.. grr

10,530 posts

Posted:
What the hell is bird flu?

ubbangel

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
AND?

Where is it?

I'm in Indonesia at the very moment... there are birds and chicken evrywhere... --caughs--

According to Reuters today:

Written by:

Indonesia has had nine deaths from bird flu confirmed by the Hong Kong laboratory and five cases where patients have survived

Anyone ever heard of the connection between Gilead Sciences (the developer of Tamilflu) and D. Rumsfield???

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
latest news

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I work for Defra so the news shoudl come through to us soon.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Birdflu in Germany has spread into a poultry farm - concerns are high as nobody has a clue HOW...

But tell you what: Live your live as ever day is the last - and you can never go wrong!

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
And now Bird Flu has hit the United Kingdom in a port in scotland, I suppose it was only a matter of time

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
WE'RE ALL DOOMED!
Non-Https Image Link

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
haha i'm gonna die i ate a chicken (cooked of course) in cellerdyke today ( 20 miles form my home part of scotland birdlue found in)hahahahahahahahahahahahah .. i no its not funny but what else can i do

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
There is no more risk than normal if you eat a bird with bird flu...

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
lol yeha i know... i could get hit by a car that woudl kill me quicker than the bird flu smile no poitn worrying just play and have fun

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
SEE I TOLD YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Even before the 9/11 movie is out there's already a Bird Flu movie!

New ABC made for TV movie airing May 9th.

Fatal Contact.

We're all gonna die! We're all gonna die! Television Never Lies! eek

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Are we all dead yet?

Page: