Forums > Social Chat > Why? What's the point? What's that all about? Confused rant thread.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Why do old ladies put fluffy covers on the toilet seat covers - is it to keep them warm, or to be cushiony if they need to sit on them?

Why do they also put specially shaped bits of carpetty-stuff on the floor around the base of the toilet? Is it in case the boys miss? Isn't it just a bit weird?

Why did Tyrannosaurus Rex's have little front paws. Is that why they were so angry all the time? Surely it would have been a better design to have long, scary looking paws? eek

Why, when my computer tells me that it's closing down cos I've performed an "illegal operation" doesit only give me the choice to click a box saying "ok".
No.
It is not.
OK.

Finally. Why, when I need to scream - like if someone jumps out at me in an "oh so funny" way, do I just make an odd "oooaaauuurgghhh" noise? Isn't it meant to scare away predators, screaming? What kind of predator would be scared away by that? It's not even that loud.

Come on, join me in my confused about stuff rant. confused

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmm sushi...........can i meet you friend n get them to buy me some sushi???

*drooooooooools* mmmmmmmmmmm sushi

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
my mom. i think you'd have to date me. ubblol

not that i need any more confusion right now! ubbcrying

I'm sorry, i'm in a bit of a state....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Yeh those fluffy toilet seat covers always make the seat fall back down, its really irritating!

If writers write why dont fingers fing?
Why do we PARK in DRIVEways?
What exactly is racecar spelt backwards?

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
You are a pirate!

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

if the plural of mouse is mice, why isn't the plural of house, hice?

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Because everyone would get a bit confused if you DRIVE in PARKways... i.e. where the small children are playing. wink ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Is people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?

Willy - is bad for your health...

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:

and why aren't Canadians from Canadia?

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

Brian:-)BRONZE Member
stranger
37 posts

Posted:
Written by: JonnyRok

Yeh those fluffy toilet seat covers always make the seat fall back down, its really irritating!

Thats why they have the carpet round the bottom! To soak it up when your distracted as the seat drops half way through.

But why do they put frilly dressed dolls over toilet rolls?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Er, sethis, in america you do drive on parkways.... can't tell if you knew that and were being odd or if you didn't know...

its another one of those weird things... like shipping things by train....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:

eekno.......way....... i never noticed that before, not even at backwards school ubblol

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brian:-)

But why do they put frilly dressed dolls over toilet rolls?

I totally agree - what, is it embarrassing to have spare toilet roll, but less embarrassing to have a barbie doll wearing a knited dress stuffed with a toilet roll?!?
That is very odd. confused

Why don't mobie phones come with torches as an extra feature? How many times have you seen someone using their / you yourself used your mobile as as way to light your path in the dark? Come on Nokia, just build a phone with a torch in the top!

Boo x

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
they have. at least three, from memory. the 1100 is one, and there's a couple of others i've seen that have them, but i can't remember the model numbers.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Oh god that didn't work at first... see, torch in the US implies FIRE....

After a minute or two I fugured out what you were on about, but at first I was just startled and laughing, i mean, we are firespinners after all but good god.... tongue ubblol

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kyrian

Oh god that didn't work at first... see, torch in the US implies FIRE....

After a minute or two I fugured out what you were on about, but at first I was just startled and laughing, i mean, we are firespinners after all but good god.... tongue ubblol

he he he

Yeah - why can't Nokia make my mobile into....a fire poi!!!! devil
Maybe not. (I still can't spin unlight poi).

I had no idea Nokia made torch/flashlight phones. That would have been really handy for me when I was lost on Bodmin moor in the middle of the night for four hours.....

Grrrrr. Why does it always seen to rain more on Sundays?

Boo x

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: ravehead

eekno.......way....... i never noticed that before, not even at backwards school ubblol

there is also boob, mum, dad, wow....

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Written by: TinklePants

there is also boob, mum, dad, wow....

heh, the options are endless!

You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
You are a pirate!

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
What gets me is whenever I change the toilet paper, the little thingy that holds it always manages to bounce off and land in the toilet! Why?!

My nokia doesnt have a flashlight frown Oh well...

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
why!!!!
on earth do shops always have a small "written" sign saying If you are blind and require assistance please ask....

and leaflets have written on them "also available in braille" if you can read the sign / note you dont need assistance or braille... ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
whay is it that weasel's phone can video call, bot only has a camera on the outside...?

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Written by: DrBoo

I had no idea Nokia made torch/flashlight phones. That would have been really handy for me when I was lost on Bodmin moor in the middle of the night for four hours.....

i use mine every night to find my bed! biggrin i don't know if there is some other nokia that is specifically designed to be a torch, but mine works pretty damn well except you have to keep pressing the button to relight it... and it does the trick for midnight walking in rural areas too, i noticed that, would have been useful to ward off the beast.... it works to surprise cats at least...

i had a confused rant to contribute to this thread but i got so confused by it that i felt it best to block it out of my mind and have consequently forgotten what it was.... shrug

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

the looney beanmember
45 posts

Posted:
why do shops have signs saying " no dogs except guide dogs " ? why can't you see through the windows on a pc ?

those who are possessed by nothing possess everything

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Why doesn't the government insist that all power cables for similar items are the same - ie all laptop power cables fit all laptops, all mobile phones can be charged using the same adapters, all kettles plug in using the same type of power leads.....ok the kettle one may not be too helpful....

Boo x

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ahhh, that would be amazing. imagine knowing that you could borrow a phone charger no matter who's house you were at. that'd be great.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
why do men *this time my boyfriend* expect you to look interested and make happy conversation when they tell you they spent the day going throw a box of photos, love letters, and other such stuff from their ex. why?! and do i have a right to kick him and storm off...because i really want to. phew. ranting helps.

if i could be a busy busy bee...

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
Ooh, a ranty thread!

WHY IS LIFE SO COMPLICATED AND SLOW?? I have lots of plans and aspirations, but it feels like nothing is actually happening.

(Lizzybeth, your man probably doesn't even realise it's bugging you... if he does, just start up some happy conversation about one of your favorite exes in retaliation! He'll soon get the point. hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Why is it that all women are ALL about retaliation? EVERY time any man does something wrong to a woman you have to deal with the retaliation of her. Many times its completly accidental when we do things like what liz's boy did but instead of retaliating why not just tell him it bothers you? does it bother you he still has all these things or that he was going thru them? Why cant we keep memories of times past? hes with you now and not her for a reason i dont understand why it should bother you.

and ms. fairy, there is nothing wrong with remembering and sharing times of old. Ive come to realize in recent relationships that if you arnt comfortable talking to yer significant other, even about yer past relationships, how far do you really think yer going to get with them?

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
That's the thing... we know sometimes it's accidental and means no harm, we know we shouldn't feel intimidated by it or bad about it, but, well, sometimes we do! A lot of the time the retaliation is our way of saying 'this bothers me!' indirectly, because we know deep down that we have no real right to really be bothered about it! Like when your boyfriend starts looking at another girl's boobs, we know guys can't help doing this, it's just biology and nature and does not mean he will leave you, but most girls still feel a little bad about it or intimidated by it. All humans have their little insecurities after all!

Please note, I only suggested the retaliation if her guy KNOWS that what he's doing is getting on her nerves but he does it anyway. In which case I think she's entitled to give him a taste of it too... if he's happy sharing memories about past partners it wouldn't bother him anyway, would it?

(I do agree with you on this point, I think partners should be able to share past memories of times when they weren't together... but some people find this more difficult than others depending on what their relationships and circumstances are like. Just because some people find this more difficult than others doesn't necessarily doom their relationships though!). hug

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
ah well. he knows what he is doing. she has been a major problem to us, being a psycho stalker and a rather nasty piece of work. and things arnt good with us atm, so it was a bad move on his part. im a peacful creature in relationships, but he has driven me mad. im thinking no retaliation. might just leave him. im not one for retaliation, however i have never before had a guy treat me so shoddily. i think generally its the wrong course as your all right - mostly men dont know when they have done stuff wrong. but this one does. anyhow. gotta go load more stuff into the car. i move into my first ever house *without family* tomorow morning and i have so much stuff to do...i have so much stuff! if i was brave enough id throw it all away. cheers for the support hug

if i could be a busy busy bee...

Page: