Forums > Help! > Belfast people - a bit of travel advice?

Login/Join to Participate

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Hi smile My girlfriend and I are hoping to come to Belfast for the day at christmas to go to the zoo and see the Maned Wolves there. Unfortunately all the travel info on the web is about as clear as mud, and we were wondering if anyone could give us pointers.

We're going to arrive at Belfast International in the morning and need to get to the zoo as cheaply and as quickly as possible. I guess this will be via the city centre on the buses. Is there any cheaper alternative? For example, might a quick cab do the job cheaper? How much would the bus tickets cost?

Any advice would be great. We need to book asap, but we can't until we're sure we can actually do this... should be fantastic if we can though! biggrin

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

You're coming to Belfast to see the wolves?! Not the Hoppers?!!

biggrin biggrin

Belfast Zoo is on Cave Hill, so make sure to bring jumpers and rain-proof coats. But it's a good zoo with a nice view - and maybe I'll come join you for a wee wander around when you arrive biggrin

Anyways... if possible, can you fly into Belfast city? It's easier to get from the city airport into Belfast, and then get a bus up to the zoo.

The international airport is geographically closer to the zoo, but you'd have to get a bus into the city, then back out again. Or a taxi... which will be expensive.

Better yet, let me know details of when you're thinking of coming over and if I can, I'll pick you up and we can all go to the zoo biggrin

(PS: I'm so sorry I haven't written yet to say thanks for the CDs, but they were great hug and I'm sending you back some of mine biggrin)

Getting to the other side smile

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
biggrin I'm so glad you got the CDs (after all that delay!), I'd forgotten you live in Belfast!

We were going to try and get to the City airport but we can't get cheap flights there... a real shame as I know it would be easier. Looking at the bus stuff we were thinking of getting a cab to the zoo from the Itnl airport, and then getting buses back (when there's less rush) via the city centre.

It would be great to meet you though, I'll let you know when I make any plans and we can see if it's possible to meet up, if you'd be up for it! Glad you say it's a nice zoo as well, it's always a worry with ones you don't know.. smile

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau