• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > What are you working on now?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...262728
VampyricAcid
VampyricAcid

veteran
Total posts: 1286
Posted:Kinda scared about starting this thread cos i have a bad history of starting thread that already exist BUT i have done an extensive search and im pretty sure that this thread is completely new!!

i was just out in the garden having a bit of a spin, and i thought "hmmm i wonder what other people are trying to learn at the moment" and decided it would be agreat insight into the future of poi and where people were heading, and serve as inspiration to people who are a bit stuck. There is the obvious "oooh ive just learnt this" thread stuck at the top, but i thought it'd be good to hear what problems people are having with the moves while they are learning them, and how the over come them so other people can look and discover ways they might not have thought of.

so start your replies with "This Week I Am Mostly Learning....."

This Week I Am Mostly Learning.....3bt btb weaves, reverse5bt weave, and trying to work out 6bt TTN aswell as forward7bt weave. Problems?? loads, but these moves ( wink):
3btbtb weave, i keep hitting myself in the head, but im slowly getting the timing down,
Reverse 5bt, my wrists dont seem to like it, still working on timing, again keep hitting myself in the head ubbrollsmile
6btTTN again, the wrists are complaining, and the timing keeps going off
Forward7bt, i got a few beats the otehr night but i lost it now frown confused

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Delete Topic

aston
aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted:Even proofs?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

nupo
Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 9576
Posted:-tracing
-liquid spinning
-'no cross-over' aka reel spinning
-more turning and 360's
-more CAP's

Delete

thirteen
thirteen

The Death Card
Total posts: 195
Posted:finally starting to get a feel for orbitals! I never thought the day would come. still have a long way to go to be comfortable with them but at least they're beginning to work out for me.

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

Delete

Ruze
stranger
Total posts: 18
Posted:I learned some contact poi, specifically arm rolls, about a month ago (inner, outer, toss to roll). Now i'm working on incorporating them into my performance without isolating them as their own section of a routine.

Delete

lawliet
Total posts: 12
Posted:Meltdowns... i cant do them. i hate them. i am clearly doing something wrong maybe il put a video up so people can scrutinize

Beginners do it until they can get it right, experts do it until they can't get it wrong.

XBL Gamertag: o Lawliet o

Delete

iSp1nF1re
Alcoholic FlowMaster
Total posts: 17
Posted:Originally Posted By: lawlietMeltdowns... i cant do them. i hate them. i am clearly doing something wrong maybe il put a video up so people can scrutinize

wheres that video at? meltdowns are the bomb

Liquid and Fire is a beautifully breathtaking combination

Delete

nupo
Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 9576
Posted:meltdown

Delete

sticklefifer

Total posts: 8
Posted:Just started working on isolations. I've learned that the trick is to look at the middle of the chain.

I've been trying for a while now to figure out Reverse 5-beat weaves but having little success.

Delete

Carnivale
Carnivale

Total posts: 2
Posted:The Mercedes (also called a split time opposite direction hybrid).
It's a triquetra in a circle and unless repeatedly hitting myself in the nose is part of the pattern, I have a ways to go.

Delete

timmeh
timmeh

Total posts: 20
Posted:getting the reverse superman and some variants grin

Delete

Page: 1...262728