Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

Do you follow the straight edge thing? Abstinence from drugs/alcohol? Or is it just for the image?

Either way, serious, serious props to you biggrin hug

Narp, I'm 100 per cent straight edge and no way in hell would I do it for an image. I had to almost completely give up my passion for wine. Now I just have to spit any time I taste and make sure I don't ingest a single drop. I also have to wash my mouth out a lot and drink tonnes of water especially during longer tastings.

I always find it interesting that people give me props for being SXE. It wasn't something I did to garner praise or anything, I accepted the X cause I was tired of seeing those around me acting like idiots via chemicals so I decided to keep myself off that path.

Being straight edge, I don't drink alcohol, do any drugs, smoke cigarettes, or have meaningless sex. On top of it all, I chose to do the full SXE route of becoming a vegan, which is what I came to this thread to shout about...

I MAKE THE MOST BITCHIN' VEGAN STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS AND SUGAR COOKIES EVER!

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
^Wow^

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I give teh propage merely because, from where i'm looking at it, it'd be nigh impossible for me to go down that road. I have far too many vices. But i can respect those that avoid them smile

Plus, straight edge is waaaaaaay punk, which i'm down with. biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

LizzybethLizzy hearts sunshine hoop
272 posts

Posted:
biggrin eeeee biggrin im going to bristol.....even if i can only manage two out of 9 days biggrin eeeeeeeeeeeeee biggrin *happy lizzy*

if i could be a busy busy bee...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
soapbox I'M CHANGING MY LOG IN NAME

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
MY FREAKING ICE CREAM VAN BROKE DOWN AGAIN!!!

That's the third time this week- only today no-on could be bothered to fix it, so I just got sent home early.. so I'm hardly going to get any wages this week... grrrr...

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
...How are you liking yer new job? Seems like yer always complining about it......hmmmmm Keep with the happy thoughts

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
Meh.. It would be good, except the bosses are really really unpleasant to work with (though I'm out on my own most of the time) and the van is well over 30 years old and breaks down all the time..

It's actually generally not too bad, when I'm out in the day I quite enjoy it, it's nice having so many people happy to see you biggrin

It's just every day ends with going back to the depot, and the guys there just make any tiny excuse to yell at me- and at each otherm to be fair.. really any excuse..

If that's okay with you?

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

I give teh propage merely because, from where i'm looking at it, it'd be nigh impossible for me to go down that road. I have far too many vices. But i can respect those that avoid them smile

Plus, straight edge is waaaaaaay punk, which i'm down with. biggrin

Honestly, it's not that terribly hard to be straight edge. Sure, I have to be super-strict when wine tasting, but I never drank that much to start and I've never liked feeling drunk. I cleaned up off of pills a few years back after a good little scare, I never smoked more than socially, and my sex life has never been that terribly interesting. Suuure, I kinda want to cry when I think that given the chance, I could not allow myself to have sex with Gerard Way or Davey Havok (my two big crushes) unless I was in a majorly comitted relationship/in love mutually with one of those guys. That pain is greatly diminished though by the fact that Gerard just married Lyn-z from MSI like two weeks ago and Davey himself is in the same boat as I am...one painted with a big black X on the side, lol.

So honestly, accepting the X was no giant leap for me. Truly the hardest part is just reminding myself that even if I meet a wonderful guy, I still can't do the normal relationship course of date-kiss-foreplay-sex. Date, kiss, and to some extent foreplay are all okay, but I actually have to like...love somebody to legitimately have sex...or have a damned good reason otherwise. Granted, I'm not exactly the speediest to round the bases, but that's not to say I'm totally innocent, lol. I'm guilty of some major past indiscretions, though I wisened up in my "old age."

It's just, when you don't drink much, do drugs, or smoke all that much...the sex bit of the equasion is about all that's left and that kinda does a number with your mind. ubblol

And when ya get an eyeful of me...I'm really not all that punk on the outside. I'm far too girlie to pull it off so I don't even try. But...under the skin I definitely have a bit of a punk streak, lol.

"Watch those explosions in the sky and you'll go blind, but not this time. Will you live in hope or dark desire? What can I say? F*ck love give me fire." ~Cities Of Night by Blaqk Audio (Davey Havok)

Proudly MCRmy

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
SHE LEFT MY LITTLE BROTHER OUT IN THE COLD, ALONE AND DRUNK AT 3AM!!!! IF I SEE HER I'LL WRING HER NECK!!!!!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
I'M IN THE HOP CALENDAR, WHOOP WHOOP

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
STUPID EFFEN STAFF BROKE ONE OF MY ACRYLICS! ON TOP OF THAT...I'm hungry.

Proudly MCRmy

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I'm hungry too.. I just bought a plane ticket and now I sort of can't afford to eat this week smile

Getting my priorities straight..

If that's okay with you?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce i love rain in the morning!!!! i'm not getting picked up for work untill it stops ubblol eeeaaaaassssyyyy morning biggrin

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
MY WASHING MACHINE BROKE DOWN frown

I wrote down the repairs number and the make of the machine before I went to work, now I can't find the bit of paper so I can't phone them to fix it. I keep looking on the website for Indesit and Argos but all the washing machines look the same to me... is it a WIDL126 or a WIDL120?? confused

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
im sick feels like my stomach is twisted.... someone make it stop frown

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
I got the SPAMalot gig! I'm a Killer Bunny Slipper Model! Better known as "I sell merch."

Proudly MCRmy

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
The World as We Know It Is Coming To An End

Serious post. No joke. Honestly. You should all read that link. Right now. Go on, read it! Please?

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
cool. i cant wait.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I have only one thing to shout today.

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

If that's okay with you?

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
YARR! I GET A DAY OFF THIS WEEK!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
I had yesterday off, and most likely the rest of the week too.

I AM EATING MY FIRST PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH SINCE PRIMARY SCHOOL! IT IS DELICIOUS!

Kupo!

arkmSILVER Member
Custom Title
62 posts

Posted:
what do you mean by "shout it from the rooftop"?

I am me. You are you. We are all stardust.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Anything you wanna tell the whole world, you post in here. It's cheaper than genetically engineering albino gorillas to shout it for you, and gets less attention from PETA.

For example: I MISS MY BEST FRIEND MARIA! We haven't seen each other in months, stupid last year of school...

Kupo!

arkmSILVER Member
Custom Title
62 posts

Posted:
Oh, well in that case: "I NEED TO FINISH MY HOMEWORK! IT's DUE TOMORROW MORNING AND IT's ALREADY 9PM!"

I am me. You are you. We are all stardust.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
MJC TOMORROW! WOOHOO!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
WOOOO HOUSE PARTY TOMORROW!!! FIRE, BEER, FAST WOMEN!!!

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Fireinamember
143 posts

Posted:
Wish me luck in my interview at Lush tonight!

Proudly MCRmy

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
are you gonna wear yer bunny costume?

good luck.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: ......