Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Hipster for the championship title!!!! tongue2

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Seasprayyou must tell me where you got them and how much Refuge tongue2

I got them from At&t. I have seen them at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Fry's.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Refuge: I'll look for some next time I have the cash. Btw, you might know how to answer something... If I get asked by a random person on the street "do you rave," as seems to happen more and more lately, what exactly does it mean if I answer yes or no? What am I being asked?? Secret raver code paranoia!!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Consume consume consume! Do your research before you buy. I recommend them but you may have certain preferences.

I think the 'do you rave' question is harmless enough.
Translation: "Do you go to parties?

Of course what I would be thinking is: Are you fishing for drugs? Damn English! Why can't anyone just say what they mean?

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
But do they just mean do I ever go to parties, or do I go to them often? So far I've answered in the negative mainly because I don't want to give the impression that I have more in common with them than I do, but it seems to be bad for conversation since "no" seems to indicate there's nothing further to say... (may seem silly to be concerned about this, but all it takes is a few hundred little social fails per week for ten years to end up with practically no social life...)

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! WOOP WOOP!

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Blegh. So unmotivated for work....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenBut do they just mean do I ever go to parties, or do I go to them often? So far I've answered in the negative mainly because I don't want to give the impression that I have more in common with them than I do, but it seems to be bad for conversation since "no" seems to indicate there's nothing further to say... (may seem silly to be concerned about this, but all it takes is a few hundred little social fails per week for ten years to end up with practically no social life...)

They just want to know if you go at all mainly. My normal answer is "I like to go to events and I normally come out for [insert favorite kind] type when those are going on." Like all other scenes we have our subcategories (I fall under Househead, Trance Tribesman, Graver, and B-girl based on my music preferences of House, Psytrance, EBM/Industrial and Breaks/BigBeat).

No worries, it's not a yes or no question, we tend to enjoy long drawn out answers to it! Good way to break the ice with fellow party goers, we are none the same. smile

Originally Posted By: Refuge CrewOf course what I would be thinking is: Are you fishing for drugs? Damn English! Why can't anyone just say what they mean?

Haha, the old-head tradition of not using the 4 letter "R" word!!! I must admit I have the same response then snap myself out of it because times have changed.
EDITED_BY: EpitomeOfNovice (1276787807)
EDIT_REASON: i must auto merge my own posts... lol :P

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sister ElevenBut do they just mean do I ever go to parties, or do I go to them often? So far I've answered in the negative mainly because I don't want to give the impression that I have more in common with them than I do, but it seems to be bad for conversation since "no" seems to indicate there's nothing further to say... (may seem silly to be concerned about this, but all it takes is a few hundred little social fails per week for ten years to end up with practically no social life...)

I think you hit it on the head. They are looking for a conversation piece to bridge the gap. Try saying, "Yes, I go to parties."

Originally Posted By: EoNHaha, the old-head tradition of not using the 4 letter "R" word!!! I must admit I have the same response then snap myself out of it because times have changed.

I don't mind if other people use the 'R' word. I have always used it as a defacto.

2,280 posts

Posted:

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
OMG I got my Watermelon and Water flowtoys, but thats all I have. It cost me $83 to buy everything I need. I can afford to pay rent and buy the stuff now but I am just so poor D: I dunt know what to do I needs my new poi

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
I am lord of the internet cafe! Fear my lolcat hordes!

*Boredom is the mind killer*

Just a dancer in the dark

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
In my world, books and poi trump food in my budget. Pasta and Spam are all you need to get by tongue2

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
SPAM: name and name alone make that meat a no go imo

would rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal lobotomy

"The dangers of life are infinate and among them is safety"(geothe)

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Spam = Hawaiian meatloaf!

787 posts

Posted:
Spam Musubi on a McDonald's menu with a plate lunch option is totally Hawaiian!!! laugh3

So gross, but I miss Jack In The Crack on every corner! tongue2

~Rock on!~

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
1,277 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: triptricianSPAM: name and name alone make that meat a no go imo

Spam is like anchovies. It's properly used as a seasoning, not a food. Bacon Spam is bloody brilliant.

Chloe'GOLD Member
enthusiast
324 posts

Posted:
Local music and art festival starts tomorrow!!! Woot!

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

2,280 posts

Posted:
My mom used to eat spam and eggs for breakfast a lot. I've had Spam once. Wasn't bad or good.

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
its ok it definately needs to be cooked first! what is wrong on a whole new level is chicken spam *swallows little bit of spew in mouth*

2,280 posts

Posted:
Got my black sandals and black bandanna to go with my action pants. I got the performers smile And I'm going to see Toy Story 3 at midnight with a couple of the cutest girls I've ever met, even if they are taken, that does not make them any less attractive laugh3

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitGot my black sandals and black bandanna to go with my action pants. I got the performers smile And I'm going to see Toy Story 3 at midnight with a couple of the cutest girls I've ever met, even if they are taken, that does not make them any less attractive laugh3
What a playa!!!

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
sounds good

In other news, I want action pants.

Just a dancer in the dark

787 posts

Posted:
"action pants" just sounds really dirty right now...

I want one on them Kevlar hats so I can stop dunking and braiding my hair and the matching sleeves!!!

I'm seriously considering them if they are useful, I know the hat would be but not so much about the sleeves.

~Rock on!~

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
ARGH! My first time to be able to pick up my poi in almost 8 weeks and practice. It's so true that if you don't use it you loose it! My planes are crap and I have to go back to the drawing board on some things I never thought possible! Seriously, how did I loose a butterfly weave and yet maintain a 5 beat forward weave?

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
those butterfly weaves are tricky suckers at the best of time though

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Huzzah, on my way to the winter solstice party shortly, here's to an epic weekend bounce2

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Damn, I missed the conversation about spam...I ate a lot of Chinese imitation spam in Vanuatu. It melts. bet you didn't want to know that!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

triptricianSILVER Member
UFO Spotting
350 posts

Posted:
thats even grosser than real spam

2,280 posts

Posted:
It is very obvious my friend Karen thinks I'm an awesome person smile Only thing is to wait for when she opens up, which I personally would rather try with someone else that is actually single right now laugh3 And that would be the person that is currently 95% sure she can go with me to the Deadmau5 concert. A girl that will do that definitely earns herself a gold star in my book wink

And here's what I have to say about Toy Story 3:
It was completely amazing, there wasn't a part I did not enjoy. It was extremely nostalgic. There were a ton of people crying at the end, the end made me so happy I almost cried myself smile I did shed a tear though smile I was so happy that Disney didn't take my childhood and smear censored all over it like they normally do.