• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Shout it from the rooftops

Login/Join to Participate
LMSP
BRONZE Member since Aug 2005

LMSP

veteran

Total posts: 1588
Posted:If there is anything you want to shout from the rooftops but dont have a ladder, then this is for YOU! (plus it is a lot safer than climbing on top of a building)

Delete Topic

EpitomeOfNovice
GOLD Member since Sep 2009

EpitomeOfNovice

Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981

Total posts: 787
Posted:I'll let you know as soon as I know Fugee, until paperwork is done approved and documents are granted I've got nothin'!

But as soon as I know you will know, give me until the end of summer LOL grin

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitI'm going to a Detroit Fire Guild Practice today grin And we might even be doing fire practice grin

That's awesome! Guess the neighborhood was okay, rock on! smile

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

Delete

Fugee
BRONZE Member since Feb 2010

Fugee

Cooler than bubblegum!

Total posts: 2501
Posted:Originally Posted By: EpitomeOfNoviceI'll let you know as soon as I know Fugee, until paperwork is done approved and documents are granted I've got nothin'!

But as soon as I know you will know, give me until the end of summer LOL grin

I'm leaning strongly towards Nov. 5th, 6th and 7th.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:How's the weather down your way in the beginning of November? *might be able to make it happen*

~Rock on!~

Delete

Fugee

Fugee

Cooler than bubblegum!

Posted:It is meant to be a warmer, dryer year. It should be very comfortable. We have people coming from all over, as it gets closer I will give up a better forecast. I would count on it being warm, though.

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit
GOLD Member since Oct 2009

SpinnerofDetroit

All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want

Total posts: 2280
Posted:Does anyone know how to download a video from this point, I got it into Mp4 and I want to actually save it onto my computer like that, but I'm having troubles.
http://video.ak.facebook.com/cfs-ak-snc4/33209/994/137208876290274_24083.mp4

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Delete

Seaspray

Seaspray

stranger by the day

Total posts: 924
Posted:I've just realised that Elements of Flow would be practically next door to me if I were at home in England

*sad face*

Just a dancer in the dark

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:waaah! I don't know what I should buy next frown I want atm 2 flow wands, contact juggling ball, the TOROFLUX I NEED YOU!, and I don't really need Isis heads. I got my desperate need for fire satisfied with my giant heads. I saw so many toys and some of them were so fun! I think I could manage to convert my poi chains into a meteor with a quicklink so that's no problem or my flowlights would be easy. Oh money money money money... Also my dad found an old ass paycheck in the safe at work, I can't access the safe, so why was it in there? I have no idea. But some extra money that I need grin Also I would like meself one of those fangled flowpoi duos. But me would rather has new toiz.

Delete

Icarus Forde
BRONZE Member since Apr 2010

Icarus Forde

Just Icarus//Spinner//Pyro//Geek

Total posts: 261
Posted:I know what you should buy next...

You should get me some Kevlar wicking. wink

I need to get to work on my new staff. grin

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:That's easy, wrap tape, screw in, done tongue2

Edit: I think I have been hit on by Doc Lightning o0 I don't really know what to think lol

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1277949918)

Delete

Pink...?
BRONZE Member since Apr 2002

Pink...?

Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured

Total posts: 6140
Posted:I want to kill/maim/torture my students. Especially... 3 in particular.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Delete

Fugee

Fugee

Cooler than bubblegum!

Posted:Ahhh dancing in the sweet soft summer rain. I love tropical storms!

Delete

Seaspray

Seaspray

stranger by the day

Posted:I love being mature for my age... it makes impressing people like possible future landlords so very easy

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:Fml my Toroflux came and a couple of the loops are interlocked and because it's connected at both ends i can't get it out. The flow wand is amazing though.

Also... Yesterday after work we packed and went up to our cottage up at the tip of the thumb. 3 miles from the cottage, my dad gets a call. The freezer is broken at work. We unpack, spend a couple hours at the cottage, go to bed, wake up and my dad says, "Got bad news we gotta go back." So I got to ride all the way back. Unload everything into the restaurant, and stuff the van completely full with lots and lots of heavy boxes of mostly, frozen soup. Drive to another Zoup, unload all of it into their freezer, go back to my dad's and load the car back up with our stuff and go back home and unload it again. And i'm missing the Caseville fireworks and performing publicly. Oh and I got to go on the piping hot roof of the strip mall to look at the refrigeration unit. And I'm sure all the wasps up there were very happy to see me.

Now I get home to the first reported defected Toroflux. Now people, tell me your [censored] day was worse. Come one I want to hear it, what happened to you? I can only think of a few things.

EDITED_BY: SpinnerofDetroit (1278202079)

Delete

Seaspray

Seaspray

stranger by the day

Posted:Work your arse off for most the day, only to be told you're doing a crap job and should go home?

Thus not only have I worked my arse off and am exhausted, but I stink of dish sanitiser/diluted ketchup and am going to be paid less for today than I hoped

Delete

WoodlandApple
BRONZE Member since Dec 2009

WoodlandApple

addict

Total posts: 474
Posted:THe octopus is right again!

octopus predicts the winnerof the world cup

sticks and stones my break my bones, but ski patrol will save me.

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:@Seaspray
I know what you mean there. That has happened to me more than once, especially when MY dad is my boss and seriously, "Ok, I get it, work faster, work harder." How? I speed everything through, they ask me to do something, I'm on it asap or already have it done. I get paid the least and work the least hours because the others get all the hours. They complain about how much they work to me when they ask for the hours and I often go an entire week with no hours. My dad flips whenever I spend my money when he already decides how much money I can take out and use. I use nothing else and he yells at me and lectures me how I spend too much money because I spent $100... after saving $10-20 a week for at least a month and a half.

Delete

Chloe'
GOLD Member since Jan 2009

Chloe'

enthusiast

Total posts: 324
Posted:Going to finally go shoot off a butt load of fireworks in a few hours!

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

Delete

Sister Eleven
GOLD Member since Aug 2009

Sister Eleven

owner of the group property

Total posts: 1277
Posted:I am apparently among the top tier tech spinners in Seattle (when not on video, apparently), and this from people I trust to know.. And I haven't even hit my one year mark. Even if it's not true, I am flattered that the people I spin with think so highly of my skill. Poi is really the first thing I've put a lot of passion into that I seem to be good at and recognized for, so I'm a little choked up at some of the compliments I've received lately.

The right thing to do is to thank Marissa for introducing me to poi; my spin jam mates for creating an environment where we can enable and challenge one another (special thanks to Atacan and Ian for melting my brain frequently); inspiring performers like Jon, Ronan, Nevisoul, Rastaxel, and G; and you folks here for continually inspiring me to stay crazy, nerdy, and obsessive about this amazing art form.

Much love!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Delete

Icarus Forde

Icarus Forde

Posted:*stretches* Alright day at work today. General conclusion around the office is that the company our website is run/hosted with is useless.

The boss ended up swearing (fluently) in several different languages at the compant that handles all the net stuff. It was qutie impressive to watch, counted at least four languages, possibly more.

Delete

Seaspray

Seaspray

stranger by the day

Posted:got the boot at work, but you know what? Sod 'em. Means I have the time to enjoy the rest of the month here and then can go home and enjoy being back there

EDIT: Also, no stinky dish washing smell!!!

EDITED_BY: Seaspray (1278342615)

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:Glowstringing at fireworks is fun. especially when someone buys one of my glowstrings, just one lol, for $5 when it cost me like 2. So congradulations they have 2 dead glowsticks and a shoestring.

Delete

brenonfire413
SILVER Member since Dec 2009

brenonfire413

Fire Spinner Exarch

Total posts: 514
Posted:Plans are in the works to do something that has, as far as I believe, never been done before. Maybe ever. This will take upwards of several months to perfect but it will be epic. I will say no more for now, but until then wait everyone....

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:I could not be any happier right now. If any of you remember from before, there is a girl that lives an hour away from me that dumped me for someone at her school. They decided they just wanted to be friends and I asked her out and we're going out again grin I have missed her so much I can't wait to see her again smile

Delete

Icarus Forde

Icarus Forde

Posted:Nice. ^_^

Delete

Chloe'
GOLD Member since Jan 2009

Chloe'

enthusiast

Total posts: 324
Posted:Good for you SoD.

Listen to Your heartbeat and dance...

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:And it's ended. She said she couldn't do it, she's still in love with someone else and she belongs with him smirk

Delete

EpitomeOfNovice

EpitomeOfNovice

Posted:^^^

"Just say NO!!!"

~Rock on!~

Delete

SpinnerofDetroit

SpinnerofDetroit

Posted:Actually she just told me the real reson, it's because everytime she forms an attatchment with someone she loses them, andshe get hurt, and she didnt want it to happen again. So it looks like i'm giving advice now on how to deal with heartbreak because she's worried about when we would eventually break up. She's still a friend and I guess I gotta help.

Delete

Microwe
BRONZE Member since Jul 2010

Spin. Eat. Sleep. Rinse, Repeat.

Total posts: 24
Posted:Originally Posted By: SpinnerofDetroitActually she just told me the real reson, it's because everytime she forms an attatchment with someone she loses them, andshe get hurt, and she didnt want it to happen again. So it looks like i'm giving advice now on how to deal with heartbreak because she's worried about when we would eventually break up. She's still a friend and I guess I gotta help.

Chivalry for the win.

"There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is."
"Idiocy is the essence of the male mind."
"Interesting. No, wait, the other thing...Tedious."

Delete