DundasRavernewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hey guys. I've been assigned a project on the Maori civilization for ancient history class, and I'm sort of stuck. I need to make a timeline with specific dates (years) of Maori accomplishments in religion, arts, war, etc etc. I've just been hard-pressed trying to find anything specific on the origins of poi, among other things. Would anyone have anything they could contribute? I've already seen both articles on this site, and they haven't yielded anything to me because of the specifics I need.

Thanks again.

-Crazy Canuck

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
lets see what I can do for you hey???

This is general history

this one is more a time line of tauranga (a town in new zealand) but still may be helpful

general history again
and this one seems good too!! history of settlement

ummm
and this site is really comprehensive

Non-Https Image Link

maori site

I really hope that helps..

"e iti noa arna nga te aroha" which means a small gift given in love hug hug hug
good luck... let me know how it all goes.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pyromaniaSILVER Member
92 posts

Posted:
I Know the feeling itried to find the histore of every fire toy Woowee that was hard gluck (good luck)

"as you journey through life take a moment to stop and think about the other fellow.....He might be plotting something" Hagar the Horrible

"GIMMIE A BAG OF JELLY BEANS OR I'LL BITE YOUR KNEECAPS" The King Of Id