Forums > Social Chat > superglue is sticky...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I bought some last night (to fix somthing obviously) and It was cheap.
so cheap that the stuff didn't come out of the nozzle but the neck - all over my hands n fingers, glueing myself to the tube. even tho it was cheap it still stuck like a mother censored!!!!
I spent the best part of last night peeling it off.
It was fun.

just thought you lot would appreciate this info lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Yup biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
are you insane?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
read the last 2 posts in reverse order!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: TinklePants

are you insane?

Yup biggrin

Duh! tongue

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't say FRD was insane..... just a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic...... or slightly deranged

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
his cheese slid off his cracker? mine too!!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I used to be afraid of the voices, but we're ok now... biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: yoni

saw the pic of strugz in a bunny costume and laffed some more

dude you silly fool - thats t&b - chimeara should give you a git of a clue rolleyes

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MasterOfDreamsBRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
Seeing as u guys seem to be masters of glue conversation, whats the best brand to fix ma shoes the soul is cummin off and I nearly fell up the train station steps as a result *hides face in hands*

Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, live your life the way that you see fit

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol @ Strugz..... I thought that couldnt have been you either... the other person wasnt smiling like you do smile

oh.. and wasnt super glue invented for the vietnam war to stick the soldiers back together again? umm or is that just a load of bull I have been told?

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Mater of Dreams. Shove a load of superglue on the sole of your shoe and then trap it in a drawer to hold it together while it sets.

Unless you really did mean the soul of your shoe.

Then you have a very different problem that may be out of the realm of superglue.

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
ucof - i've heard similar stuff----
"ohh his legs been blown off"
"i'll fetch the prittstick"
ubblol

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

Nail polish remover is acetone. Sounds like a chemical to me! biggrin

OWW! i once melted some gloves off my hands with acetone. it hurt frown

Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

You peeled it off?

That burns like a mad thing! Its like acid!

Did you use soap, warm water and a spoon?

Works wonders smile

no! no spoons! have you never seen this educational video?

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

57 posts

Posted:
I was playing wid da poi in a YMC youth Hostel that was facing a school yard. It was about 6.00pm so.............I started playing and caught my trousers on fire, just as I was taking them off to reveal ma bare arse an entire group of school kids came back on a coach to witness me in jus a thong jumpin up and down on ma trousers with flaming poi!!!! What a great 1st experience.

Dance like no one is watching, Sing like no one is listening, live your life the way that you see fit

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
whats that got to do with super glue though?
offtopic ubblol

57 posts

Posted:
ok well, lets see to turn it back onto that subject of super glue.
I tried to repair my pair of burnt trousers by cutting off the damaged section and making a hem so as to create a pair of shorts, but............. as I had in my back pack only a tube of super glue and no needle and thread the infamous glue had to surfice. How's that?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
great biggrin hug

57 posts

Posted:
I have tried sticking the soul of my shoe back on and sort of done what Boo suggested but seeing as I am at work and un able to have a shoe balancing out of my filling cabinet draw I have put it uner the cabinet. Now it is all squished flat and still not stuck together, all you can here is me squelching as I walk round the showroom. spank

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
why not just buy new shoes - I know it sounds unorthadox but trust me - it works! tongue

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
or don't wear anyway....not very practical, but it feels nice!

strong-bad pop up book,

57 posts

Posted:
The idea of buying new shoes is one that unfortuantly is not one I can afford with the traveling depts that I have incurred recently. Thatnx for the tip though. Plus I like them!!!! I refuse to let them go with out a fight spank

57 posts

Posted:
my spelling there left alot to be desired, but it's late and I only had three hours sleep. frown

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ok, i'm sure we forgive you!

i know what youmean about shoes, i find it very hard to let go of shoes i've known and loved. even when they have big holes in. i think it's because you spend all day every day with them and you get kind of attached. weird i know....maybe it's just me biggrin

strong-bad pop up book,

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
Written by: strugz

dude you silly fool - thats t&b - chimeara should give you a git of a clue rolleyes

redface redface redface

damn it's not half as funny when it's not you

ubbrollsmile

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: MasterOfDreams

I have tried sticking the soul of my shoe back on and sort of done what Boo suggested but seeing as I am at work and un able to have a shoe balancing out of my filling cabinet draw I have put it uner the cabinet. Now it is all squished flat and still not stuck together, all you can here is me squelching as I walk round the showroom. spank

Perhaps only God and the Devil are qualified to stick souls back on. angel

You maybe should have let it dry before you put it back on. Is it now stuck to your foot?
Does that help?

Aha ha - stick the sole of your shoe directly to your foot! It will probably be easier than sticking it back on the shoe. And then you don't ever have to worry about cleaning your shoes again - just keep your feet clean.
OK. That is madness.

You could try nailing it back on.
Or take it to a cobbler.

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... Super glue is evil. Almost stuck my fingers together once, which was pretty scary. The glue I had was wierd and wouldnt peel off, so i had a super glue covering on my fingers for about a week befoe it finally all eroded off!

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Page: