Forums > Social Chat > possesion of marijuana

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
I just got a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana. I'm so upset....It was horrible the butchcop searched me and everything. What I want to know is does anybody out there know whats going to happen now? I mean I know I 'll have to go to court but this is my first offense.
I heard you have to pay money and take classes or something...fuk

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't wanna fight a war on drugz but if I HAD to fight a war it would definitely be on drugs.

Hell, I do everything else on drugs - lol

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I still stick by my medical conviction - I smoke pot to ease the daily pain..

I take other drugs to forget the pain..

But yes - illegal should be illegal - but this shouldn't be illegal..

But as as it IS illegal under international law - no one in their right mind should blatantly smoke (or do anything else) under the noses of those that have to enforce the law - even if the cops think that the law shouldn't be.. they still have to do their jobs and we should respect that. I'd never walk in the direction doing anything that would have to make the cops react..

me £0.02

[ 19. November 2002, 03:32: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Well said fieryfiend and someone once told me that the coffee shops in Amsterdam just kept opening until they weren't closed down anymore. In fact as far as I know marajuana possession is still against the law in Holland but is decriminalised making it a tolerated crime, the same as the prohibition reference.

I think it's worth mentioning that the point made earlier regarding cheating in exams and stealing don't belong on the same page as this conersation.

Cheating makes it unfair on other. Stealing is causing trouble to the person stolen from. These are both unethical to most peoples minds but what we are talking about harms nobody.

Ray, I think the point is how many deaths are caused through alcohol each year, violence, car crashes, and bad health. How many homes, families and lives have been destroyed. Marajuana has been consumed for hundreds of years and causes ZERO problems.

I think we need a more open minded world so I'll say it aswell. "Be the change"

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
So if it's legal it's okay to do, and if it's not legal then it's bad.

So smoking pot in the privacy of one's own home, without harming anyone else is bad.

And using corporate clout to force small companies out of business and ruin peoples lives is okay...

Or did someone say it's okay if you don't get caught, but you deserve whatever punishment is meted out by the state regardless off circumstance if you do get caught.

So what if, say, personal use of fire is made illegal?

I'm not saying it would, i know it's highly unlikely, i'm simply using it as an example.

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
Oh dear! I won't go into an extended rant on how d=ridiculous it is that marijuana is illegal or explain why it was made so, or talk about the fact it has been smoked for thousands of years blah blah blah, some people just won't be persuaded

Shame you got caught .fireproof., but if you do illegal things it's gonna be a risk. Hope you get through the experience ok.

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
ahhhh, .fireproof, what time was it when you were on your bike, did they have a warrent or any reasonable grounds to search you for pot, such as they just saw you make a transaction, where you in a public sorta place or were you in a secluded place such as a park or alley way where there would be reason to search a suspicious looking person (and i'm sure a 24 yr old asian girl on a bike is suspicious)Tell me Tell me tell me and I will tell you if he had reasonable grounds for search and seizure. Canadian laws are pretty much the same as american as far as search and seizure goes. And if he/she didn't have reasonable grounds for searching, you can sue them/ get them suspended(possibly fired if it was a male cop, seeing as how they are not allowed to search female suspects do to thier will to linger in the searching of some areas). This can alll play a major factor in you trial.

Ray, grow up.
1)Alcohol is a DRUG
2) God made bud, man made beer. Who do you trust?
3)Just b/c your in the army, etc. doesn't mean you can go around being an ass, I mean even I'm not an ass in the manner you just were, and I'm a pretty big ass!!!
4)Grow up

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
WARNING--- OFF TOPIC

Ray, can you please point to one post where you don't alienate everyone with ignorance?

WARNING--- RETURNING TO TOPIC

Good luck Fireproof! you'll likely get deferred adjudication and you won't have to admit you've ever been convicted of anything! If they ask if you've been arrested, you might have to say yes. A year or two after your stuff is done (probation, or whatever), look into getting your record exponged. It's expensive ($1-5k depending), but well worth the cost....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I waz having a go at the “double standard” or hypocrisy in society, and your statements. Alcohol is the biggest, nastiest drug out there. And in a real drug war it would be top of the list.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
we should all know that what we do as fireplayers is somewhat of an underground thing and that in itself somewhat makes us SEPARATE.

It is in our nature to firedance and play, which taken out of the nature context is something we have all TAUGHT ourselves. Now, the scenario is that I had come to teach myself to be a Potsmoker. All that part of individuality is not the debateable issue here because everyone has their own practice (YOGA) to keep their own time. Anyway, my take on law is that you need to be totally educated about it. It's not there to prove whats right or wrong its there to tell you what you can't do. As individuals in this country we are born free.

By dancing with fire on public land we are somewhat outside of the law. There are no parks or fields especially made for firedancers...we are outsiders, totally free and the search for law to do our dance is only our way to belong. I'm sure we all know that by inference the u.s. law is ours also. So really what we are doing is asking for acceptance because we are our own creation. NOw, whethter we do this peacefully, or illegally that brings us to our individuality. About MY LESSON iM NOT GOING TO TAKE THE POT OUTSIDE OF MY HOME BECAUSE MY HOME IS THE ONE THING THEY CAN"T TAKE AWAY FROM ME.

So by this action, I'm saying that even if you do smoke the pot it's up to us to know we shouldn't leave the house with it and to have it on you in public is illegal. Yes, we do have to change our life patterns for the law is what I learned.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
First off I didnt realise that was only a signature. It was not my intent to walk over anyones signature. I do apologyse for that.

God, also made a plant called nightshade. If you smoke, eat, injest in any way that plant you will die. It is very toxic. God also made the the flu virus, it kills. Man and God have both made things that can kill. Ohh God also made tobacco, grapes (when squezzed and the juice allowed to ferment it turns to wine that acts remarkably like man made alcohol).

The point you tride to make Bram was pretty weak.

I am not in the Army, there is a difference. Then again the truth hurts and usually offends people to no end. Notice you are the first to start calling names, and you say I need to grow up, whats next? Are you going to steal my pb&j at recess?

However if I am seen as an ass because I refuse to sypithise with someone when they get in trouble for breaking the law then an ass I am.

Alcohol is by far the nastiest drug out there save maybe tobacco. There are far more deaths due to lung cancer, enfizima (sp) and whatever else smoking and chewing tobacco causes, in the world than alcohol.

In all honesty, tobacco and alcohol should be illeagle and some drugs leaglised, when you look at the death rates.

Fireproof, I am not saying this to be an ass, but there is nothing sacred. They can take your home, your car, your bank account away from you if deemed nessisary. Your home however they do have to compinsate you in a case like "We want to put a highway where your home is.". Now that is highly out of the ordinary but in all reality nothing is sacred.

Kinda sucks dont it!?!

Now onto Toneman, *evil grin*. I dont set out to alienate anyone. I simply put my point of view out there for others to see. When it comes to things like drugs, war, religion I am very very opinionated. I am a person that stands by my opinions like a mother guards her child. I will put my point out there for all to see in a manor of my choosing. If you feel that you have been alienated by it, I am sorry for your insecurities. I will not back down, I will not take the low road. It is against my personality, my very nature. I defend with a serius vengance and wont be pushed around.

This is me, you cant change me only accept the fact this is how I am. Dont take things so personally, its bad for the ulcer!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Making tobacco and alcohol illegal is not the answer, that has already been shown during prohibition. You just gotta know what the risks are and decide for yourself.

The argument of drunk drivers or drug addicts who steal to support their habit should not factor into the argument. If someone steals to support their habit, they should be punished for stealing, not their habit. The whole "right-to-move-your-hand-ends-at-my-face" argument should apply both ways.

Why should society decide what goes into someone's own body, if they are mature enough to decide for themselves? The same argument applies for euthanasia (let's not start with abortion, because the difference in the two sides of the argument there is based on whether or not it involves a second party - the foetus).

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
hey guys......BIG HUGS for everyone... and have this and chill out ......whoops....sorry ray...

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
quote:
If you don't think drugs have done good things for us then take all of your records,tapes and CD's and burn them.
- Bill Hicks

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, in my opinion, if you are old enough to vote and die for your country you should be allowed to drink. Now, the reason for the drinking age being 21 (this is what I was told) is that the human brain stops devoping around the age of 21. Why stunt the growth? I mean we only use a fraction of the brain so why risk making that fraction even smaller?

(there are 3 sides to abortion, mother, child, father. but thats just the way I view it)

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ray, the human brain stops developing at 21 in this country. In Spain, it stops developing at 16. Honest! when I went to Spain at age 18, as soon as we flew over the border, my brain quit developing, and as soon as I flew back into the U.S., my brain started developing again!

The reason that the drinking age is 21 (when no other country in the world has a drinking age higher than 19, except Saudi Arabia, where alcohol is illegal), is because when they lowered it to 18 all of a sudden (which was stupid) the drunk driving death rate skyrocketed.

What we should do is drop it to 20 and then sit there about five years. Then 19, then 18. And we need to stop being so damned puritanical about alcohol (and drugs and sex and just about everything else, for that matter).

In Europe, teenagers routinely drink, drinking ages are rarely enforced, and binge drinking, a la America, is almost unheard-of.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Ray, to make wine now it is a HELL OF A LOT more potent than like 500 yrs. ago. Sooner or later I hope you will quit attacking someone who doesn't share your views on the world.

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Bram, who did I attack?

Mike, I am just going off of what I was told. Probably just someone wanting me not to start drinking at an early age.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well I dont know much but I do know this...

If you can prove that your actions were (this is key):
Reasonable, prudent and well intentioned...

Then you WILL get off...

Trust me I have a friend who managed to get himself off possesion with intent to deal charges after being caught red handed with over an ounce split up into baggies...

It is the basis of all human rights laws across the world and if you can phrase it in a way that make your actions (once again) reasonable prudent and well intentioned then you will be found not guilty depending on the type of trial of course...

No worries man just do your best to represent.. I recomend you dont deny it as such... If you get caught again this trial and the way it is dealt with will afect the way the other one is dealt with... Ya get me?!

Also go to www.ecotort.gn.apc.org

Much love and hugs,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
ok, ray, in the iraq thread you jumped down the throats of anyone who opposed yourviews, even when they were right. Now you are being a bit of an arrogant ass in the same manor in this thread, but it may just be me

2,905 posts

Posted:
So what your saying is that, people who come up with pure speculations on a topic are right without trying to proove anything?

Bram, I am not being an ass. I have yet to jump down anyones throat on this topic. With the exception of Toneman, but then again that was pretty warrented.

I am not going to feel sorry for anyone, including myself, who gets into trouble because they broke the law.

Could you show me an example of where I jumped down someones throat on this topic, other than what I said to Toneman.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Bram - Ray. You 2 just need to agree to disagree on everything from this moment forth and let each other go about their business I think. Bram is wasting his energy; Ray ain't gonna change. stop head-butting each other.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Kinda funny, but I didn't feel like Ray jumped me. He just said that you can't change him. And that's cool. Change comes from within (or from your pockets). This is a BB. It's an interesting way to exchange ideas with people around the world, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. You really don't know who is on the other end of the typing. My guess is Ray is a late teen, early twenty who thinks he knows it all. We've all been through that with one thing or another. Eventually you grow up, and in doing so, realize that life is not how everyone makes it seem. Everything is multi-faceted, and the challenging part is looking through the other facets. I understand where he's coming from, cause I was there at one point, which is why he frustrates me sometimes. The growth of this board has changed the dynamics in the past year, good for Malcom, but a little more difficult to adapt to the changing mentality.

This is the Home of Poi, not home of the leftist liberal idealists, so even Ray belongs...

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
okie *takes out his medula oblongota(sp?)*

2,905 posts

Posted:
Sorry Toneman, I dont think I know everything. In fact there are alot of things I dont comment on because I know either little or nothing about them.

Early 20's yes.

I have done alot of changing over the past year that I have been on the board. Trust me, take a look back at just about every topic I have replied to. I have changed quite a bit. It was from me, that is true. I also had the help of a few damn good friends, so maybe it doesnt just come from me.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
but alas, .fireproof still hasn't answered my questions, which would completely help her be able to have to charges dropped. Since the seizure may have been on unreasonable grounds, or maybe the pig just thought that he could make people think that the Home Security Bill had been passed?

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
Hey Bram...scuse for the turned cheek, but I kinda got sideswept by the poem toneman wrote....Anyway, the whole situtation is sooooooooo lame I can't even stand it no longer.
I was on my bike going to have a smoke at the park but when I got there there were too many mothers and babies so Instead of making this one point turn to go home I went on the other side of the road where it was illegal to be on the sidewalk of (I soon found out). But there were people on the sidewalk that I rode past sorta fast too because I saw a cop on the other side of the road. then thats when it happened....boom! cop comes flying out of his car and tells me to get off the bike and sit.
Then he asks me if I have anyhting illegal on me and I say NO cause it doesn't hurt to lie. But still he searches me anyways and finds the pot that was in my hand rolled tobacco smoke. I know I was stupid for breaking the law when I had stuff on me but it was my neighborhood and in a city called Rancho Santa Margarita, which if you know anything about is pretty low-key. Anyways the whole situation has got me so paranoid about doing the smallest thing. Like today some neighbors music was so loud I could feel the bass of it from like 5 houses down and I thought of the PIGS. I hate this dark ominous prana/mindset because I think it stems from the same darkside that comes from being out of confidence. what to do?
FireMike said that I'll probably go to this seminar with a bunch of caught druggers that make a lot of noise...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
fireproof ,

i can't believe you got 58 replies in a day, wow, look what ya got into got ya into among us here! whooosh

hope that official tip may help ya even in da worst, babe.

with all my love,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yay!! FireMike is alive hehe

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
youll be alright . its just a misdameanor so it wont effect you as far as gettin jobs or apartments. for your first offense if they do anythin youll definately have the option to go on tasc where they will drug test you if you complete the course without comin up dirty (prolly 6 months) they will completely remove the charge. telling a cop its not yours wont do you any good but its worth a shot. the way the law is written if they were to find a bag of weed stashed in a room your in or a car it doesnt even have to be your room or car they can charge you with possesion. its total bullshit and in no way could it be called justice but thats the way it is because our country has the dumbest most outdated drug laws youll be fine just dont get caught again cause then they can start really fuckin you. good luck my friend

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
ummm, ya. he was searching on unreasonable grounds and you can get him in MAJOR shit for it.

Page: