Forums > Social Chat > possesion of marijuana

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
I just got a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana. I'm so upset....It was horrible the butchcop searched me and everything. What I want to know is does anybody out there know whats going to happen now? I mean I know I 'll have to go to court but this is my first offense.
I heard you have to pay money and take classes or something...fuk

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
just read the 4th amendment.

alright thing on bill of rights with the 4th amendment

see, you were jaywalking and on the side of the road that you shouldn't have been on. Now where is the reasonable grounds for search and seziure, and was he a male pig?

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, the cop asked her if she had anything illeagle on her. She said no, pending on body language and tone, it could make the cop suspicius and that is all they need. Basically the cop thought, I think your lieing so the search began.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
ok, Ray, they can only arrest and search you if hey see you doing drugs, trying to sell them, or selling them. Where in this do you see .fireproof saying that she did any of this. She didn't the pig was searching on completely unreasonble grounds

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

2,905 posts

Posted:
Bram, probable cause. I dont know the law, dont pretend to, but I have seen enough shows like Cops to know probable cause gets people cought more often than sting ops.

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
okay new question....when I'm in court should I lie? Because I was going to the park to smoke my pot when I decided not to because there were too many people, NOW, shoould I tell the judge that when I got pulled over on my bike I was just trying to turn around from going to the park to smoke pot????? Is there a way this can not be a lie and just have some info left out?
need help for reals.

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
They say honesty is the best... mmm, wonder if ray knows this one ?
Personally I think 'they' are a bunch of liars. First off I'd try to find out how much the law knows about the situation (ie ask any friends that were at the scene and/or interviewed). Make sure that any lie you tell in court coincides with the laws info on the case.
I'd probably say that I forgot that I even had it with me and headed home for some sleep (or something along those lines). I would definantly NOT tell them that you were going to smoke some pot and then decided too many people were there.
Dont worry be happy!

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

2,905 posts

Posted:
Honisty is the best policy, however divulging information is not needed. Dont forget your 5th amendment right, say nothing if you feel that the question will get you in trouble.

"I can neither confirm nor deny that." Can go along way.

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
Bram, probable cause. I dont know the law, dont pretend to, but I have seen enough shows like Cops to know probable cause gets people cought more often than sting ops.
for sure.. and probable cause can be anything. you would be suprised what they can consider probable cause and in court guess who there gonna beleive. im not sayin that people shouldnt defend there rights but if your gonna try to buck the system you better have a good lawyer. i took the option of being drug tested for a year. this sux but if i would have went to court and pleaded not guilty i would most likely be in jail right now. for the record i was busted for somone elses shit in somone elses car. it had nothin to do with me but they didnt care one bit.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

lightbugmember
321 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Raymund Phule:
Honisty is the best policy, however divulging information is not needed. Dont forget your 5th amendment right, say nothing if you feel that the question will get you in trouble.

"I can neither confirm nor deny that." Can go along way.

i disagree with that however. i personally lie lie lie. and keep my answers short and direct. you dont get in any more trouble if they find out you were lying. personally i think its just dumb to tell them your guilty and if you dont answer there question they will find out on there own. i guess you may get a cop who will be kewl with you cause you told the truth but thats rare and hes not gonna let you go if its somthin big like drugs.

drugs.. rock and roll. bad ass.. vegas hoes.. late night. booty calls.. shiny disco balls!!

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
Did the cop already give you the ticket or whatever? Because if he didn't take down your name address etc, how's he going to give you the court summons? If that's the case, you just lost your baggie. If you do have to go into court though, um, don't look like a pathetic lowlife. The judge may let you off easier if you seem, like, reasonable. Don't lie, don't volunteer too much information, but don't act like you're hiding anything either. (Granted, I wasted about 4 hours total sitting through TRAFFIC court, so YMMV, but judges generally hate pathetic lowlifes )
But the time for the cop being "cool" generally has passed once he has left, I mean, he can choose not to show up to court, but that's about it. I've had cops let me go on felony weapons charges before (And give back said weapon, lol), but the time I had to go to court was for "jaywalking" across an intersection where the crossing light was being worked on, and I didn't press the crossing light. $75 ticket, but the judge let me off by letting me just write a 500 word essay about what a dick the cop was.

Page: