And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

I've finally made a brief return to the boards to seek some salve for the soul before buckling down for exam period. HURRAH!

In any case, I digress. The reason of the post was not so much to propose an event as to seek one. As of late November I will be moving down to Canberra, Australia, for about 3 months or so and am testing the waters to see if there are any regular, or irregular, poi meets in Canberra at the moment?

I've done a few searches and come up with some info about Friday night meetings in the Chess Pit, but most posts looked relatively old - is this still happening? If not, is there anywhere else I can expend my circular energies of a night?

Hope to see some, at least, of you down there, encompassed in flames smile (In the good sense, but of course . . . )

Jazz

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
I was in Canberra just last week and ran into the Wells boys. Terry said something about Wednesday being Juggling night. Not sure if it's the equivalent of our Brizzy Monday Juggle Jam with all things circusy, or if it's just juggling... Will check and get back to you!

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Seems like [Old link] is someone you should connect with... hug

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
[Old link] smile

gah, thought I fixed this earlier.
EDITED_BY: d-eye (1128947649)

92 posts

Posted:
Brilliant!

My insatiable circularity can be slaked during my stay. Hurrah! And in the company of these learned spinners, all the better.

Thanks guys, and see you in 7 weeks or so . . .

Jazz

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey dear people, wavehello
I am wandering around the various Aussie threads dropping this excl information excl in:

Please check out the new ticketing info in the first post of the [Old link] and help spread it around to people you know... it might save a lot of people a LOT of hassle!
The gist of it is that people will NOT be able to buy festival tickets at the gate this year.. they have to be bought in advance... oh yeah, and the GOOD news is splendid juggle jam space there this year clap (as well as all the other good stuph...)
Thanks!

*wanders off strewing rose petals and info*

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

92 posts

Posted:
OK, so the story goes:

In my infinite wisdom and sagacity I cycled down to the Civic chess court one fine Friday eventide to find it populated by prepubescent children and accompanying adults watching a movie on the big screen. More importantly, the consequent dearth of fire-spinners left my desire for pyrogenic cameraderie unslaked, with the result that I span at home for an hour until I managed to set my hair on fire.

The point of this long and wasteful epistle being, has the spin night moved to another location/time/night? I've heard on the grapevine that Saturdays are spun every once in a while, is this the day? Any help would be most wonderfully appreciated and rewarded in kind if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Thanks to you all,

Jazz

d-eyeGOLD Member
60 posts

Posted:
When they have events on (most Friday nights in summer) we can't use the Chess pit until they finish (hopefully 9:30 sometimes later) so we find somewhere else. Usually not too far away, often over near the police station, or over in the big open area where the three paths meet (in front of the big music shop)

It is a bit of a random thing, sometimes no one turns up, other times there are quite a lot (well a lot for here). If there is a gig on or a special event elsewhere, they may spin there instead.

Saturday night is less often and less people.

One of the other places that spinning occasionally takes place is in front of Toast.