Forums > Social Chat > possesion of marijuana

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
I just got a misdemeanor for possession of marijuana. I'm so upset....It was horrible the butchcop searched me and everything. What I want to know is does anybody out there know whats going to happen now? I mean I know I 'll have to go to court but this is my first offense.
I heard you have to pay money and take classes or something...fuk

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
well expaline all of what happened first.
i think there is a law in uk now that there will be less harsher fines for possession.

i think i saw it on the news ( what would i know )

now the problem is: a) were you gonna smoke it
B)were you gonna sell it
or
c) it wasn't yours and you didn't know about it. *wink wink*

best thing to do in the courts is don't lie.
i hope it goes well fireproof.

peace be with you my friend

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
I told the cop that it was not mine and that a friend had put it there??? I don't know how good that is, cause he could have asked who and then the whole thing would have been a disaster...anyway, he didn't. but I'm here in California so thanks anyway for the UK BLESSING.
I just don't know if I can get away with having to go to classes and if there is money involved getting it by the parents!!! I hope this isn't what you have to put down on your resume for jobs that you have had a conviction!!! Or is that a felony?? poop

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
That is truly one big bummer! You have my sympathy.
Don't know the US law well but a misdemeanor is not a full punishable crime or conviction, so doesn't appear on a criminal record search, however a record is kept by the police so don't get any more! So it's more like a slapped wrist than a life crippling punishment.

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
well im from vancouver island in bc, and ive had cops come up to me and take half ounces from me and say nothin, ive been caught smokin it and blown smoke almost right in there faces, (cuz they snuck up not cuz im a bad ass or somthin...) but i heard that in the 70's in the states that there was a guy who went to prison for life cuz he was caught with a roach in his car.... i did a project on it for english last year. but im shure like nothin majors gonna happen, you might get a fine of like 50 bucks, unless it was like 2 pounds or somethin, but i mean ive gotten more "in possesion of alcohol" fines than "possesion of weed fines".

no help im shure this is but its just my two cents.........

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Cant do the time... I think everyone can fill in the rest of it.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Dont shoot the mime?

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Drink soda and lime?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Good luck in court fireproof. Being your first offense you wont get much, depending on how much weed you had. If its under 28.5 grams it'll be a $100 fine (in california) according to norml. Dont sweat it, live and learn.

Hey Ray, can you finish this quote?
If you cant say anything nice...

[ 17. November 2002, 19:18: Message edited by: fieryfiend ]

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Well said ff.

Not particularly a theory that I buy into, but cute and well said...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
sorry fireproof i didn't realise you were from usa (shit i am stupid).
well they ait gonna do much it dependes on how much you have like liquid pop said.
but.....
doms advise is very good,and for next time be more cautious of piggies.

go to a quite place where no one goes (apart from you and friends )
and smoke cones ther its all god

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
fieryfiend you're the GREATEST!!! wooooo GO NORML!! That was suuuuch a great site, I want to cry because I was like ostracized by ignorance on the subject not knowing where I could smoke, checking myself at home, if I'm leaving the house with it, just all kinds of checks and balances of safety-paranoia...That site just rearranged my rights for me as a Potsmoker and yeah you guessed right the bust was under 28.5 grams

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
im gunna sound like a real bitch here- and for that im truly sorry... but its one of those things- you have to say it.

i dont feel no sympathy for ppl who get caught with drugs. i used to- cos i was a drugie. but as of now- not a caring bone.

i am sorry that you got caught- thats coming from the side that thinks back to when i was doing dope and runnin away from coppers.

but as a clean soul- im not.

i hope you understand fireproof.

i know ppl always say "it wont happen to me... it wont happen to me" but now see- it does.

ppl- be smart with ya drugs. if ya gunna take them with ya- hide em sumwhere good, or dont take them with ya at all.

as i said fireproof... im sorry it happened to ya... and court will be fine.

*Sparkie expetcs to get her head blown off now...
she sits and waits*

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Dun worry SPARKIE, they will be too busy chewing my ass to worry about anything you said

If you cant say anything nice... say it anyways because your right?

Am I supposed to be nice or feelpitty/shock/anger/compassion that he got busted commiting a crime?

Fireproof, are you going to stop messing with illeagle drugs now that you have been cought by the police?

If so, then I am sorry that you had to get introuble to figure out that what you did was illeagle.

If not, then you deserve every single bit of punishment you get. Plus you deserve to get cought every time that you do it.

I am not trying to be mean, but how can someone in good conscience sit there and pat a chum on the back and say, "Dun worry mate, you'll get away next time!"?

NYC if one of your students gets cought cheating on a test would you let it slide and say no worries and hand em a passing grade or would you give them a 0 for that test?

No sarcasim or rudeness intended, that was a lagitimate question related to the topic... for those of you who are qestioning.

[ 18. November 2002, 01:39: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
So Ray, you've never broken any law ever? Never gone over the speed limit? Never gone into the armory alone when you shouldn't have? If you think about it we all break rules and laws quite often and rarely suffer for it.

NYC didn't condone law or rule breaking anywhere in this thread, all he did was help point out your negativity. One of our community got burnt by the law, and it's a law most people don't agree with (which is why we happily keep our good conscience). He's after a bit of sympathy and peer support and that's what he's getting. When you see a post saying 'I'm down because etc....' or 'I need a hug' you provide one, you don't preach about how they should buck up their ideas, keep a stiff upper lip and dump the loser. No, you give support back.

I know what Sparkie is saying, I think. Makes sense. Drugs are illegal. If you do decide to carry around drugs then there is always the chance that you will get caught so you can't really complain too much when it happens. And if like Liquid Pop you're smoking openly then expect to be caught because it's about as obvious as a neon sign above your doped up head!

So while most of us agree the drug laws are wrong we do live in a society that imposes them we have to look out for ourselves and take precautions against the law. And hopefully one day it'll change

Peace to you all

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ray, you're not 21 yet, are you? But you drink, right?

That's also a drug offense.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
when you do something in life and someone comes around to tell you what you do is wrong it really is a pain in the neck. Especially , if you choose to do it which brings me to the subject of a Potsmoker. Recently, I have chosen to become a Potsmoker, which after have lived this life believe it is a legit form (or pranayama). OKay, here I go in to my, for the lack of a better word, "wisdom" but when I was living days smoking like meditation I realized that smoking pot was something that couldn't really be shared and that at its full potential was a smoke for the individual like the individuals own time keep (aka biological clock). And I learned this and now I truly stand behind it. the English language only allows so much expression of this thing we call life, and that in itself is Law enough. How is it that Sadhus in India can smoke and pray and live as long as giant tortoises??

And here's a surprise folks.......I'm a GURL!!!

-----------------------------------------
If I do love you, what business is that of yours -Goethe

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by .fireproof.:
[How is it that Sadhus in India can smoke and pray and live as long as giant tortoises??

And here's a surprise folks.......I'm a GURL!!!

-----------------------------------------
so girls break the law too, thats not news....

however i'm glad that your willing to devote your lifesytle to live like a holy person, no meat, no wine, no sex.. thats a lot to give up

it may not be a fair law , but it is the law, it's the laws that help keep us safe from bad men/women of the world ....

i know the states have zero tolerance for drug violations, but if it's under trafficking weight you'll just get a smack on the wrist maybe some community service and a fine that i'm sure your parents will pay for you .. so no worries ...

take responsibility for your actions, and you will learn from it ..

good luck !

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't agree with the pot laws, but since they exist, and EVERYONE KNOWS IT, if you get caught it is because of your own gamble, not ignorance. Therefore, I have no sympathy.
I took the shot at firebreathing and got hurt. I KNEW something like this would happen eventually. I sucked it up and never asked for sympathy, just that people learn from my mistake.
There are consequences to all actions, some more than others, and in this case, the consequences are known long before the action was done. Ignorance can not be plead here. In cases like this, you take the chance and get caught then I don't feel pity, I just think of it as a lesson learned (I hope).
Keep it at home next time
and you won't have to worry about it.
My .02.

[ 18. November 2002, 14:40: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
OK now that people in the thread have stopped calling me a boy.....

Anyway hey DULCE FLAMES I'm 24, way over 18 and have just barly enough over 100 dollars for the fine that NORML says I'll probably have to pay, I was on a bike and its my first offense. yeah.

.fireproof.member
56 posts

Posted:
PELE!!!! Oh my god, I hope your recovery is as well
as FireMIke. I know you guys both went to the hospital. Sometimes I look at FireMike and think how you are doing....we've never met but I have known about your fire ways.

much L O V E

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, yes I have broken the law, yes I have been punished. I am not upset about it because it is what I deserve. Dom, your jumping to conclusions, I was using NYC as point, I never said that he condoned anything other than good study habbits. Now your sounding like me, what an odd role reversal!

I pretty much said the same as Sparkie, but (comma pause for effect...) the way you get a law changed is not by breaking it. I am sorry but you can not come up with something new that will get by the cops. Just like if a thief is going to steal your car he will, same as if you have drugs on you and the cop is serching you, he will find em.

Mike I am over 21 sorry, good try though

Fireproof, what happend to Mike?!?

I aint herd from the guy for a while, sorry to go off subject.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ray, I agree that taking the punishment is fair since the law was known. However many laws *are* changed by breaking them. The cases then appear in court, and court rulings become case law. Older laws are often overturned through the courts and the appeal system.

It is the risk and responsibility thing. I don't agree with laws dealing with personal use, and it is a bummer you got caught fireproof, but that is the way the law currently is and it's something we gotta deal with.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

2,905 posts

Posted:
Bendy, the court system changes laws not because someone broke it, but because when someone broke it they or their attourny presented a case that showed that the law was incorrect.

The law could have been changed without the individual commiting the crime. My point being, a law biding (sp) person can change the law. I think that is the preferd method as well.

Sorry for the off topic rebutle.

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
I dont think that is the preferred method Ray. The best example in the states that demonstrates that was prohibition. Alcohol consumption was so prevalent during the time, and overlooked by law enforcement (much like drugs today) that it was overturned.
(I guess now is a good time to deviate from the topic further )
Then you can take a look at all of the wonderful things that grew from prohibition:
1) the police, courts, and politicians became corrupt
2) respect for the law declined
3) per capita consumption of alcohol grew throughout the 13 years of prohibition (it still hasnt returned to the pre-1920 levels)
...and best of all (big drumroll)
4) organized crime grew into empires

Anyone else notice the similarities to the 'drug war'?
I've already plugged NORML on here once, but I'm not ashamed to do it again .

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

2,905 posts

Posted:
The War on Drugs, did its best when Nancy Reagan put into effect D.A.R.E since she left the white house, Barbra, Hillery and whatever Jr.'s wife is have done nothing to support the porgram. Is that entirly their faul? No.

Frankly in my opinion, if they would treat it like an actual war, drug use/possesion treasonable offences, things would be a lot better.

Dont forget that we are dealing with multiple countries governments, hundreds of thousands square miles. This is not only a political clusterf*(k but also a logistical nightmare, when you look at the shire size of the target.

You are talking about millions of people in the US and countless others around the world. I think that the war on drugs has done pretty good considering all angles.

All of you drug users that live in the States are lucky that someone like me isnt in charge. There would be a whole lot less of you then. Then again I doubt I would be alive hehe someone would really want to assasinate me hehe.

Prohabition's failure was that alcohol was to intertwined in the American culture. Look at the Marine Corps, we were born/founded in a bar! For the first 100 years or so we were given a daily ration of whiskey. Drugs however are not quite as intertwined as alcohol is.

Now that I have seriusly aided in taking this super far off topic, can someone put it back on track. Honestly I dont think I could! hehe

[ 18. November 2002, 21:35: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:

be excellent to each other: safe:

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Everzone have own drug.Me too...

POI THEO(R)IST

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Ray, I'm not gunna get into a drug war.

But hey, I think that it should be noted that alcohol is a DRUG

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep alcohol is a drug, a controled substance.
So is tobacco. Whats your point?

I think I know what your getting at, so let me rephrase what I said before right here... illeagle drugs, perscription drugs illeagly obtained and anything else that falls into that catigory. You neednt nit pick.

If Ghandi knew how some of you try to "be the change" he would turn over in his grave.

He did not preach, break the law to get your way.

Protest the drug laws all you want, patition, write letters. Do things the right way and you will see progress. I think that is what he would want someone to do in this situation.

I could be wrong, he could think that the best soloution is to ransack and pillage and spread aids by sharing needles, abort crack babies, sell pot to 12 year olds (ohh ya that is the statistic starting age when it comes to pot now days, a year ago this time it was 14, what is it going to be a year from now 10? These stats brought to you by the lovly people at AFN)?

I am sure that you are all responsible druggies and that none of you would ever let your filth fall into adolecent hands. Kids are corupted bad enough with corprate inventions such as Barney and Elmo. We wouldnt want to screw them up any more!

If you can get the laws changed, good on you! Seriously, I think that the US Government is passing up a real cash cow. The amount of money that could be made from taxing pot is astronomical, even in comparison to tobacco.

I am sure it would still be a crime to sell to minors, grow your own, yadda yadda yadda. However the potention for huge amounts of cash is undeniable.

I am all for the use of pot, if it was leaglised. Untill it is, if you want to keep a hundread bucks and perhaps out of jail then it is wise to stear clear.

[ 19. November 2002, 02:52: Message edited by: Raymund Phule ]

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
ray - its nice to see that you don't agree that marijuana should be illegal and i understand your point that even though it probably shouldn't be, it is and so we have to deal with that fact sensibly. i realised that a long time ago and as such have since been extremely careful about my handling of illegal substances.

however, i'd watch out picking holes in someone's sig (garbo's) when yours is a quote by someone who actively condones the use of both illegal AND prescription drugs. not to mention the fact that his albums are in the hands of more children than they are adults.

ps. i smoke and listen to eminem - just bein the devils advocate - and no, not LITERALLY ray

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: