Forums > Social Chat > 8 posts with one stone?

Login/Join to Participate

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
i am currently loosig intrest in the staff and to get intrest up i was thinking of attaching the fire poi on the then ende and taking the staff wick off cos that would open up so much more... another article about the tennis balls just inspired me.... hell i wanna go... although it may be a little dangerous i guess having 6 inches of chain hanging out of the ends of the staff will not kill me.... but i guess it will be tennis balls, string and a old broom handle firstand i have one more Q what do you use for practice as i have (after reading another post about swinging odd thhings) become strangely attaches to swinging my socks as all my gear is homemade it does not always work... and is there any way that i cann attach handles to my socks???i know this should be in about 8 diffrent posts but i will survive------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yes i know but as i use public computers is there anyway of getting rid of my password from them when i leave? as if people then go to this site... they can post under my name the only way i have found so far is to post a second under a unregistered name like this one is

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
ajtag i am no computer expert myself but if you go to preferences and disable cookies before you visit the site...maybe it will do the trick...Malcolm will know more about it i am sure... if you do that and press 'reset' after you've finished i think noone will be able to use your password...happy swinging,Simos

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey Ajtag,I have been spinning Poi for a while now and am moving towards learning the staff! shocked But your idea with the two intreagues me. I will be attatching poi to my saff when I get home from work today! Thanks smile SkiChristianPs I know what you are talking about, Its a bit confusing who I am talking to when there is more than one Ajtag. confused

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
i tried the chain/staff bastard child once. i think it has potential, but it seemed a little awkward. definitely a challenge. i did it with kite poi, which may have made it more difficult------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

445 posts

Posted:
sorry. the problem is that with tghe computer i cannot access the cookies as it is guarded by the admin(when i am not at home) thats why i cannot get rid of the passwords but other wise you would be right about the cookies.and ajtag. is me still but if you notice it is unregistered, and as the browser saves the last password sent (unregistered = no password) it clears the cookies file of the password that means when i have finished using the post i need to send a message, i could just send all my posts when not @ home as ajtag. but it is not the same as ajtag... fi you know what i mean.hey good luck to ski christian and please dont kill ya self i tried with a broom and some string and it was nasty.... i think i will practice before fire!!!!!and thanks to dangerboyi will most likely be out later with a poistaff (thats my idea(copyright) HA HA HA HA) lol hey got to go eat dinner now so good bye and goodnight!enjoy - Angus------------------moo? ... is that it?

Enjoy - A

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
hey ajtag, try going to preferences section of this site which is located under the reply/post buttons. i think there's a thing there that allows you to disable password and username memory.-Hapes-Nova, glowstick twirler

445 posts

Posted:
sorry. the problem is that with tghe computer i cannot access the cookies as it is guarded by the admin(when i am not at home) thats why i cannot get rid of the passwords but other wise you would be right about the cookies.and ajtag. is me still but if you notice it is unregistered, and as the browser saves the last password sent (unregistered = no password) it clears the cookies file of the password that means when i have finished using the post i need to send a message, i could just send all my posts when not @ home as ajtag. but it is not the same as ajtag... fi you know what i mean.hey good luck to ski christian and please dont kill ya self i tried with a broom and some string and it was nasty.... i think i will practice before fire!!!!!and thanks to dangerboyi will most likely be out later with a poistaff (thats my idea(copyright) HA HA HA HA) lol hey got to go eat dinner now so good bye and goodnight!enjoy - AngusthAnks for that i think taht you are right about the prefrences thing!!------------------moo? ... is that it?

Enjoy - A

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have seen that type of staff in movies and martial arts things. Prom tried it all of twice and I think retired it for the moment. We used the standard staff instructions but then screwed in a loop ended screw at each end of the staff into the dowels. To that we used mini- c clamps to attach 6 inch chains and then the wicks. I think the design needed a swivel to be honest but it was odd controlling it, the weight shift was unreal and hard when trying to get a decent spin. That was where we abandonned it though. Prolly ganna re-try someday.Good luck!!!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
well its my late at night incomprehensible posts again smileanybody make hybrid clubs/chains? i was thinking as i was driving you could accomplish this by threading a chain down through a metal tube which could act as the club with the wick at one end and the end of the chain sticking out the other. attach something so the chain cant get back down into the tube and clip handles to chain. make top of tube grippy so it can act as sort of a club...might not be able to do all that ball and socket grip type swinging with the chain bit hanging out but you could switch back and forth between different types of moves with solid/chain effect. alternatively i guess you could just screw a length of chain onto the handle of a regular fire club. thoughts?Peregrine (finally eating solid food again! yay!)

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
hey hey.i've just started making a new staff for myself.It has around 6 inches of chain at each end with my normal poi wicks attatched.Cool but found they got caught too easily on my under-arm.(but that could just be cos i'm shite at staff) :PGood-luck.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
a couple of the crazies at our Wednesday night gathering tried the poi/double staff combos. I wasn't brave enough to try it at the time because it looked very labour-intensive and extremely difficult.The held each poi at the centre of each staff - kinda like a 3-pronged cross, but waaay trickier...I'll give it a go tomorrow night and report back later...------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.