Page:
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
excl excl excl STOP PRESS excl excl excl

Well, hello hello wave

Woodford Folk Festival is going to be BRILLIANT this year! I've just come back from the Organisers Group Meeting/ Programme Launch totally excited bounce

The site looks sooo beautiful, more spacious and green, and the lineup of acts and performers is just, really *stunning*... 300 different events every DAY!!! for the 6 days; it is the best lineup I have ever seen in my 13 years there (including YES, the Cat Empire!)

AND.... clap bounce2 ubblol bounce2 clap TWO CIRCUS venues: the *Palace* for performances all day, and a brand new space: *Circadia*, in a magnificent spot in the heart of the festival, totally for workshops, including EVERY NIGHT with TePOOKa, other great spinners, and plenty of space and time for juggle!! JUGGLE JAM !!weavesmiley space!!! ubbtickled ubbtickled PLAYTIME at UberWoodford!!

OK is that enough! Get the idea!! Get the tickets organised peoples, or volunteer (plenty of places left) for 5 hrs a day in return for a free ticket...and come on up... it is gonna be WONDERFUL!!

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1194817454)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin Nice one Gabe! clap that sounds like an awesome space!*:. biggrin

ubblove ubblove ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
There is also some Very Important News about ticketing for this years Festival... PLEASE pass it on to everyone you know and tell those people to pass it on ...etc...

THIS YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU MUST BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE!!!!! eek

Online on the Woodford Folk Festival site

There are plenty left... 3553 season camping tix as I write... the Festival is NOT sold out (only the earlybird ones are) so kill any rumours to that effect... but they wilol NOT selling tickets at the gate....

Day tickets will be released this week, now the programme is out (and it looks TOTALLY WICKED.. so much unusual stuff and cabaret and street, as well as the music...)

So PASS this info ON!!!! and save people mega stress turning up with cash and not getting in!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I hear that Reg and Sophie Bolton are organising Circadia too... it is going to rock!!!!
Yay for juggle jams!
I think I am going to end up being there all night, does this venue close? I hope not wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep, that's exactly right Circadia will have Boltons in the day, TePOOKa zone at night.. and juggle jam as it happens! As for the venue closing....or not! Yes, that had occurred to me too! In my Juggle Jam proposal I had offered to be there for 'each session' thinking that it might be like an hour a day or something... now I realise I shall be a Bear of Very Little Sleep! There is no actual program for the 6 days.. it seems that we will be able to arrange and adapt according to the flow of things. TePooka are also down to perform at one of the street theatre pitches each night around 10pm.. I feel a parade coming on! biggrin

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Will there be somewhere we can find out what workshops/jam sessions there will be for us circus mob? or will it just be a blackboard session where we find out on the day? Does anyone know?

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Eve,

TePookans Rob, Jacob, Sophie and Steve (who's travelling at the moment) will be coming here in early December..we will talk more about workshop schedules and so on then. I have been involved in Woodford for many years and will be able to get notice boards and stuff organised biggrin All shall be well!

btw Eve, Circadia is not listed in the main program pages (cos there's not a pre-set schedule): it is described on p18... and there's a .pdf on the website too

See ya there!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Thanks newgabe!
Can't wait! *bounce!*

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! clap bounce2 ubbrollsmile bounce peace

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Hi all!

Here are the times for Will-o'-the-Wisp Fire Circus so come along and see us!! We have two different shows this Woodford!

Roving; Wed 28th, Thurs 29th, Sun 1st

Fire Shows:

Tues- Crown 9pm

Thurs- Village Green 9:30pm

Fri -Village Green 9:30pm

Sat- Village Green 8:30pm

Sun- Village Green 9.30pm
EDITED_BY: Eveish (1132647336)

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Eve,
Just curious, who is in your crew this year for Woodford? Who do we have the pleasure of looking forward to! And do you know who the crew going by the name of 'Notorious' is?

It's great the feeling about circus and shows this year.. Terry the Great and Kyle and me just been in the kitchen jumping around about it all! Looking at my collection of programs going back to 1993, and we saw that Circadia is in the same spot as the first little wee circus venue they ever had... just the rest of the Festy has grown so amazingly much around it! As has Terry.. he was 12 then! Wonder how many kids we'll have through on their way to Greatness! wink

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
Yay for Terry, Simon and Dave!
It will be good to see the guys again!
As far as my crew... It actually isn't anyone from HOP, We have an all Canberra cast this year, so for once I am not needing to borrow random HOPpers to help with the show : )
We have Rob on double staff, Nemo with sword and staff, Casey with poi, Jane with flaming hula hoops + stilts, and myself on dual staff, hoops and flying at the top of all the pyramids... We have a few suprise toys for everyone this year too ; )
-Should be fun *grin*
Wisp will be holding workshops in staff twirling and also hosting the hula hoop jam at Circadia! So come and join in and look silly with a hoop!!!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
There is now less than 6 weeks to gooooooooo!!!!!
Are you all bouncing off the walls as I am?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Indeed! We've been given some boxes of poi and devil sticks and things to share/play with at Juggle Jam too, how nice is that! (Thanks YoHo!)

Hey while I'm here,
I have a spare Youth Season with Camping ticket to sell... at the earlybird price.
So if anyone needs one for a 13-17 year old, PM me...
Cheers!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
*bump* cos I really need to sell the tickets! I have TWO or possibly even THREE youth tix to sell.. HELP!!!

EveishGOLD Member
610 posts

Posted:
If you don't manage to find someone to sell them to, you could always try to sell them at the gate, there are bound to be randoms looking for a way in... maybe??

Only 2 weeks to go!!!!
Eveish

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eveish

Hi all!

Here are the times for Will-o'-the-Wisp Fire Circus so come along and see us!! We have two different shows this Woodford!

Roving; Wed 28th, Thurs 29th, Sun 1st

Fire Shows:

Tues- Crown 9pm

Thurs- Village Green 9:30pm

Fri -Village Green 9:30pm

Sat- Village Green 8:30pm

Sun- Village Green 9.30pm

awesome! they are having fireshows in the village green!! that is the new area by the pond in the middle of the fest and was just beautiful during the dreaming festival there in july. that's really exciting!

i'm still looking for volunteer Happy Campers (and many other areas as well) if anyone is only just making up their mind whether to come. web page

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: Eveish

If you don't manage to find someone to sell them to, you could always try to sell them at the gate, there are bound to be randoms looking for a way in... maybe??

Indeed. Mind you hanging around the WFF gate is on the minus list of my preferred ways of spending time! And as there are no 'cash' sales this year, presumably most people will have already bought theirs... and they are youth tix so only useful for teenagers. Etc.

Augh I am getting a bit concerned about offloading them! frown I've even put them on ebay... maybe I will make a separate thread here about them...

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Hey who else is going to this ?

I have been chosen as Volunteer " Overnight Assylum : Happy Camper (Camp Warden)"

Can any one tell me what this means ? Or who I should talk too?

All my firespinning crew will be working this week too, so I will just be warndering around.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well, Tillymoo obviously... seeing she is looking after camp wardens. It sounds like you will be working in the overnight camping section of the Festival. Helping people who are just staying one or a few days to set up be safe etc. Other camping grounds are season camping (for people staying the whole time), volunteer and performer/organiser. The place is HUGE. 'Camp Wardens' are being called *Happy Campers* this year, maybe to sound less military but it is confusing yes. Cos it now sounds like the 'helpers' are the happy campers instead of the ... umm... campers.
Never mind.
It'll sort out.
Not sure what you mean by your crew will be working... what, the week before? during? I doubt you'll be 'just wandering' if you are a camp warden.. you'd be working 5 hours a day and playing the rest, no?

jc_firetricksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
205 posts

Posted:
Thanks so much for that information Newgabe, yay I am a Happy Camper. hug

As for just "wandering around" I mean walking around helping people in my area. I assume this is what is ment my "Happy Camper". biggrin giving directions, helping with area's making sure things run smoothly and dealing with any problems.

Just a few more questions gabe. I will PM them to you, thanks again smile weavesmiley

Woot I can't wait.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
hehehee hooray! Come to Circadia! Juggle jams will be happening during the day and evening into the hours, so come make yourself acquainted!

3,492 posts

Posted:
as crazy at this sounds.... it's not a joke... my monster head has gone missing... or stolen

last seen in the streeties tent at woodford ....descovered missing morning of 2nd Jan 2006

possibly the most prescious thing I had at woodford and worth so much to me

it is green and fluffy

has a mowhalk of yellow spikes

one big eye... fuzzy monoborow

and a juicie big pink tounge (pashed by many! hehehe)

big goofy grin of yellow pointy teeth

and stinky... (don't know who would want such a smelly thing! hahahaha

and I miss him... .......

he would possibly grizzley grumble reply to Monty....

if you have seen Monty the Fluffy Monster (or more so his head) and have any information as to his where-abouts ....like if you saw him at the woodford festival gates with a sign trying to hitch a ride to plannet groove or anything

he's a bit of a party animal... so hopefully he'll wake up some place odd with a massive headake and drag his sorry ass (or head) home to be reunited with the rest of his body and his beautiful fluffy prinsess Milly monster for a fluffy butt spank!...

if you have any information about his where-abouts please let me know... rewards for it's return.

https://overthemoonentertainment.com.au/videos/Fluffy%20Monsters%20by%20Over%20the%20Moon.mpg

Non-Https Image Link

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Jon I am so jealous! tongue

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
frown I'm going to miss Monty...

please please if anyone hears anything about this please let us know frown

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Oh no!!! frown Not sure if this is of any help, Elke -- but I DID remember seeing it late on the evening of Jan 1st in the far side of the streeties tent as we were clearing out, and remembered thinking it was odd that it was all alone, (minus the rest of its big fluffy body).

What happens to left over props!?? Did you try the big suppliers tent?

I hope by the time you read this you have found it!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
really??? well yeah... must have been in the wee hours of the morn between then and when i went down to pack up morning of the 2nd ....Thanks for that bit of info...

what is this big suppliers tent you speak of? confused

I filled out a lost and found form

sounded like a joke though rolleyes

Missing: big green fluffy moster head.... ubblol

but it's not! frown

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
It puts a downer on a weekend

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
I had heard of some other equipment (including Gabe's safety stash) from Circadia that went "missing" in the pack up and that it may have been relocated to the supply tent, which was behind/next to the concert stage. Lost&found sounds like the way to go though.

Fortunately for you, a big green monster head is certainly likely to 'stick-out'!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Different thing! My safety buckets went very temporarily missing from the Circadia lockup, but were returned when the stage managers realised they were mine (had my name on). THe streeties dressing area was different- up near the Palace....

The supply and stores is more for things like venue chairs and bakstage fans.. not personal props. Lost property OR contacting Kelly who is in charge of street theatre would be the beswt way to go....

Hope you find it!!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah maybe i should mention it to kelly

she would know it's mine if she had seen it though... but still worth putting out there though hey?

thanks gabe hug

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: funkwaxpuppy

other equipment (including Gabe's safety stash) from Circadia that went "missing" in the pack up

Well, I have someone's hoops.. any claimants?
Meanwhile what a shame that we come back from Woodford to sad news about the missing green monster head!
It was a wicked party though eh!!!

Page: