Page:
newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
excl excl excl STOP PRESS excl excl excl

Well, hello hello wave

Woodford Folk Festival is going to be BRILLIANT this year! I've just come back from the Organisers Group Meeting/ Programme Launch totally excited bounce

The site looks sooo beautiful, more spacious and green, and the lineup of acts and performers is just, really *stunning*... 300 different events every DAY!!! for the 6 days; it is the best lineup I have ever seen in my 13 years there (including YES, the Cat Empire!)

AND.... clap bounce2 ubblol bounce2 clap TWO CIRCUS venues: the *Palace* for performances all day, and a brand new space: *Circadia*, in a magnificent spot in the heart of the festival, totally for workshops, including EVERY NIGHT with TePOOKa, other great spinners, and plenty of space and time for juggle!! JUGGLE JAM !!weavesmiley space!!! ubbtickled ubbtickled PLAYTIME at UberWoodford!!

OK is that enough! Get the idea!! Get the tickets organised peoples, or volunteer (plenty of places left) for 5 hrs a day in return for a free ticket...and come on up... it is gonna be WONDERFUL!!

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1194817454)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Nice one Gabe! that's ace!

I'll be there smile

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Now, the second thing is getting yourself a ticket...

This year the ticket sales have been capped... for the first time ever. If you want to come, buy your ticket

Day tix will be released in November.

The prices may sound high but remember it is for 6 days and it is a huge festy with amazing diversity. It's like about 10 festivals happening concurrently.

The other way to come is as a volunteer in which case you work for 5 hours a day and have the rest of your time to play... the application process is all online now, so go for it! (Tilly who does Camp Wardens has a post a few down from this)

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
bugger, I can't get out of work for it. Grrrrr

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
if anyone wants to be a 'Happy Camper' (camp warden) i am managing the volunteers for this department.

welcome the job involves being out in the camp grounds and talking to patrons, most of whom are pretty excted to be there and happy to do as asked.

one advantage of working here (apart from the other marvelous people) is that if you can come up early (i.e xmas eve or xmas day), and don't mind working long hours on boxing day and the first day of the fest, you can actually work the majority of you hours in those first 2 days, which means you get more time during the fest. which means more time for juggle and beerchug

i would love to have HoPpers on the team as everyone i have through gabe are awesome!

you will still need to apply via the volunteers website , but let me know who you are and i'll keep an eye out when i a processing the applications thankx

tilly

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

Nice one Gabe! that's ace!

I'll be there smile

Are you performing Miss Pixie ubblove ? or free to play all day??

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
awwwww...i wanna go!! frown dangit...maybe next year... smile

i'll be in sydney for christmas then onto melburp & the falls festival!! so i won't even be in qld when woodford is on for the first time in...a bloody long time!! ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
!!!!!!!!! bouncebounce2bouncebounce2

i found out last night that i got accepted as a volunteer biggrin

so i be a happy little phearie smile
looking foward to lots of weavesmiley hug peace ubblove devil sunny meditate grouphug beerchug biggrin

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay April

I'll be there, as usual. Got my tix way back when ubbrollsmile

See some of you lovelies tomorrow at the phaerie shack, yeah?

"Be the Bunny"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
"et oopak"
..i still dont get it?? shrug ubblol

hug me!

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
kate poo *laffs*

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
..hhmmm i doooont think i want to ask anymore on this topic umm

hug me!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

Are you performing Miss Pixie ubblove ? or free to play all day??

she'll be performing~!!! SQUEEE!

unfortunatly we shant be there this year... but look out next year,have fun lil chickens! hug

sad we will miss that bluish meowy at woodfest though.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I will be there as a non-performing pleb again, and lovin' it. But I will definitely drop by the juggle jam space frequently. biggrin

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Written by: newgabe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you performing Miss Pixie ? or free to play all day??

biggrin... is that not the same question? hehehe biggrin and YES!!! Yippy!!! bounce

I'm performing solo this year... a first for this little pixie smile (the rest of the tribe is off gallavanting in hamalton island!) ...so I'm doing my own thing with some yummy wearable art stilt roving... biggrin ubblove biggrin

...and I'd be well up for callaborating with other fire performers too if anyone's keen smile ???

and and and I will most deffinately spend some time at the juggle jam spin space ubblove weavesmiley juggle grouphug juggle weavesmiley ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
yay, it's almost woodford time again,
Wisp will be there performing again... though this time, we have our actual troupe going instead of having to throw a troupe together of groovy HOPpers at the last minute!!

Weeeeeeee!
So who else is performing / going?!!! bounce2 bounce2 juggle weavesmiley ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Written by: Phaerie

kate poo *laffs*

*falls off chair with laughter(a woman kalled kate founded 'kate poo')

ubblol

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
top schtupfff newgabe! it must be such a coup for you to get a space happenin!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
Written by: bluecat

Written by: Phaerie

kate poo *laffs*

*falls off chair with laughter(a woman kalled kate founded 'kate poo')

ubblol

ubblol that is brilliant!

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately It seesm as though our propossal for Woodford wasnt accepted by the commitee. I am however hoping to be part of Te Pooks thing, although We are not sure of entry for the rest of Solar (another 3).
So if any group is looking for 4 professional performers to be part of their thing please let me know. I am really looking forward to Woodford, but cant really leave the rest of my troup out in the 'cold' I doubt its gonna be that!!

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Rob,
I'll PM you! I am going up to an organisers meeting next weekend.. the program is pretty much set but I am happy to talk tto the right peeps about if in case someone drops out...But if there is not a way through being performers and your gang can come up early, then there is always the option of volunteering...remember our housemate Tilly?

Written by: tillymoo

if anyone wants to be a 'Happy Camper' (camp warden) i am managing the volunteers for this department.

welcome the job involves being out in the camp grounds and talking to patrons, most of whom are pretty excted to be there and happy to do as asked.

one advantage of working here (apart from the other marvelous people) is that if you can come up early (i.e xmas eve or xmas day), and don't mind working long hours on boxing day and the first day of the fest, you can actually work the majority of you hours in those first 2 days, which means you get more time during the fest. which means more time for juggle and beerchug
i would love to have HoPpers on the team as everyone i have through gabe are awesome!

you will still need to apply via the volunteers website , but let me know who you are and i'll keep an eye out when i a processing the applications thankx

tilly

DoctaGOLD Member
81 posts

Posted:
Has anyone got any tips on how to get there?? I'm relying on the ever faithful public transport system (breath still being held.....perhaps I should stop) and my two feet and a heartbeat. I think I need to be there early as I've been selected as a volunteer so I think there's some orientation with that. Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Doc smile

P.S. et oopak..........I'm confused too

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I might go and hang out for a day or two .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey Docta wave
Public transport will take you to Caboolture railway station. There isn't much in a way of bus service prior to the Festival from there to the site (about 25 kms) though there is a shuttle from Boxing Day throughout the Festy. Hitching possible, the road is straightforward, but arranging a lift from Brisvegas is probably the easiest... The Dept Head for whatever Dept you are volunteering may well know who else is coming from your area... and also of course check with them about when/where the orientation is... first shift times etc.
If your orientation is on Boxing Day plan to get there as early as possible cos sometimes there are queues. They are trying to fix the gate system from last year's chaos but I would plan to come early if at all possible, even Christmas afternon if you can get a lift (I am assuming the Vol gate is open then, it usually is. It is NOT open for the general public though!!)
See you in the Circus tent! Or at Piazza Juggle Jam! smile

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
DO they need electrician's ?

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Most probably absolutely utterly yes. For a couple of weeks beforehand too.. if you can swing the time off work. Best thing is to apply via the Volunteers online registration.

Meanwhile I'll talk to me site manager mate, OK.

Be great to have you there! hug
EDITED_BY: newgabe (1130125416)

OzShadownewbie
9 posts

Posted:
well i should be going....first year to.
jsut have to get my gear all ready and the such.....and hope to buggery they need a ISP tech person!

Hana4BRONZE Member
burner
90 posts

Posted:
I'm going too! bounce bounce2 bounce

biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Written by: OzShadow

well i should be going....first year to.

jsut have to get my gear all ready and the such.....and hope to buggery they need a ISP tech person!

Internet service provider person?? as a volunteering job?

There is sometimes an internet cafe set up on site, in past years I believe it has been (volunteer) staffed by students from ...?? If you want to volunteer for any area though, still follow the link a few posts up..

and see you in the Circus space in your spare time! You too Dexta... a long journey!!

OzShadownewbie
9 posts

Posted:
newgabe - all ready posted a application form for it, just hope that it gets accepted. I'm going to go anyway, but if i can save money...its all good

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I've just come back from the Woodford Festival Programme launch, and organising group meeting and there is quite WONDERFUL news about circus spaces! There will be two big spaces.. one Big Top called the Palace, with performances, AND a second, called Circadia...which is dedicated for all day playspace, workshops and juggle jam!! A childrens focus in the day, and at night...te POOKa and everyone who wants to come play!!!

It is located in a most perfect spot... right in the middle of the festival, on a big beautiful space that was the site of lots of ceremony and sacred dance at the Dreaming festival earlier this year. I stood there tonight with the huge circle of trees all around and saw shooting stars and said YAY!!! Everything I wanted for this space has been given! Thanks programmers! Thanks everyone who will come to play!! Thanks stars and trees!!

*Gabey staggers off to bed in gratitude and happiness*

Page: