Forums > Videos > Die erste Središce fire show video, online now baby!

Login/Join to Participate

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Finally my first ever edited video is online now and it downloads quickly woohoo! (apologies to everyone i may have annoyed with whiney posts about not getting it to work...)

So this is my first: video, poi performance, and successful conversion to .wmv format from .vob, ever. Maybe the first prekmurje spinning vid...

the context: well it was a sculpture opening, the sculpture is called travnik (meadow) and features 77 grass leaves representing the residents of središce. It's a kinetic sculpture that makes sound in the wind (also a lot of noise, if you whack it with poi or a stick), they are on average 1metre apart and we were spinning inside, but managed not to twang it once... Ignore the poi, the poi was rubbish (that'd be the 3 spritzers beforehand...) just look at the pretty fire effects on the sculpture! (and the editing, you can look at the editing, but forgive me for the perhaps overuse of the cross dissolve tool in premiere and the inclusion of the moon shot at the end, which sometimes i like and sometimes i can't believe how cheesy it was to keep it in... *phew*) uh... ok enough excuses i should post the link...

www.stuffandnonsense.me.uk

oh, and one thing i've learnt, NEVER keep your source files where someone can delete them, it makes encoding really REALLY hard...

biggrin *scarpers*

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

1,643 posts

Posted:
and the second Prekmurje fire show video tv performance, by the true prekmurje resident, buddisth_monkey biggrin nice one dude!

https://www.rtvslo.si/modload.php?&c_mod=rtvoddaje&op=web&func=read&c_id=24590
go to the bottom of the site and there you'll notice it says: Arhiv odaj:...and you watch the Mostovi - Hidak: Kanape - Kanape 6.10.2005

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Cool vid, lovely setting, strange scullpture. What is it? Loads of mettalic rod things sticking out of the ground. Spinning is cool too, the on the back fire breath with the snakes sticks out. The only downside was the .wmv. I use it too, to keep the size down for hosting, but you do lose loads of definition, and certainly with a sculpture as detailed as that, reflection wise, it's kindof hard to make sense of the video at some points. But other than that a cool vid, and well worth downloading. I'd say it looked incredible live smile

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

1,643 posts

Posted:
thanks mot! the higher definition version is a lot better for the reflections... you find out what sculpture is, in the first post, it makes a bit more sense now as the grass has grown back around it. looking more like a meadow smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
Hey Non, good to see you are making your entry onto the videos section, nice arty vid . . ., will be good to have your input into the cardiff spin vid on your return hug ....

see you soon lady ....

1,643 posts

Posted:
Yeah... that's good, it's meant to be arty... this is an art center after all wink
biggrin