Forums > Social Chat > how do y'all carry your poi and fuel around?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Brigemember
10 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for a good bag and fuel container so I could easily carry my things with me where ever i may go! what exactly do you guys use? Where did you get them? or how did you make them? The bag i'm usuing now & the container i hold my fuel in suck...too much spilling and way too messy..thanks!

pinkbootSILVER Member
Beautiful Intelligent Thoughtful Cute Happy!
269 posts

Posted:
or get the really funky pasta jars that the top has the hook type mechanism on you all know the ones right?

I was gonna conquer the world but got distracted by something shiny!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Milo tin...not sure how safe it is - they're only designed to hold milo after all ubblol but I can seal it with no leakages.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
what is a milo tin?

am i just being dence or i dunno?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
lol silly me! Milo isn't international!

it's a yummy yummy choc-malt stuff that you mix into milk.

I dont know anyone who doesn't like it! (and that includes japanese students and american rowers! so it's not like vegemite!)

Someone who has done more travelling than me might be able to tell you what it's similar to.
EDITED_BY: Rouge Dragon (1102825911)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
damn milo is delicious, but it really is hard to describe. its great, you can have it cold, hot, in a milkshake, mixed with icecream, havent tried on toast but i'm sure that'd work too! a great aussie delicacy. in london apparently there is a shop that sells aussie produce that stocks it.

on topic...........

i dont have poi yet but i do have a staff, juggling torches and devil sticks. i've made this ver conveinient container i call a car kit. its just some plastic pipe with a cap on one end and a screw lid on the other, it fits all my toys and a tin and rag, and when you put it in the car the car wont stink!, simple but works very well
EDITED_BY: Mr Majestik (1102856918)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Milo is top notch stuff! biggrin

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Milo is international: its certainly in Kenya and UK

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

pinkbootSILVER Member
269 posts

Posted:
wow never ever heard of it cool chocolate good! does not matter what form it comes in is still good!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmilo!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Milo is like hot cocoa mix, but with less (or no) sugar. For transporting my stuff, the poi go in an oven bag with the chains & handles hanging out. The fuel is in 2 one-gal. paint cans, and it all goes into a cooler (chilly-bin) with a lid that closes tight. I set the two cans in there, stuff the poi down the middle, stuff the damp towel along the outside, then on top go the little fire extinguisher and the pair of nunchucks!! It's great for in the car because the cooler keeps the cans from klunking due to temperature changes, as well as keeping the fuel upright. I already did sacrifice the rug in the back of my SUV, so many stinky spills. Well, I really DO like the smell-

take the schneak-tip

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I use a mid size duffel bag that holds:
Two 1 gallon paint cans of fuel (whichever colors fit the mood). Each clearly marked.
Screwdriver to open the paint cans
Lighter
An ABC fire extinguisher
Fire blanket, wet towels get moldy
a couple sets of poi (different sizes and lengths)
A stone mortar (as in mortar and pestle) with cotton wick, used as an urn.
Two ziploc bags to catch spinoff

I bring it with me most places I go. You never know when a fire opportunity will arise.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
I use an ex-army ammo case. Sturdy metal, and completely air-tight. (and painted up all nice for me by Squarefish - thanks Martin). It's great, because if your fuel leaks it's completly contained. No nasty smells either. Fits a set of poi and a 4 litre of fuel perfectly. Or a set of poi, a 2 litre of fuel and a fire extinguisher. Perfect!

Helen

Ps, Jello, i think my avatar wants to dance with your avatar

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

Page: