EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
A quick poll of the contents of the wallets of three male friends revealed that all of them carry condoms. All of them are either married or in long-term relationships and as a rule don't use condoms with their partners.

So, my question to the blokes. Is there an intention of being unfaithful by carrying these "just in case" condoms. Is it a reflection of the relationship itself or is it just a comfort thing, the same way that women carry sanitary protection even though there's no chance she will get her period; it's just nice to have them around.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
It's good to have a spare so you can lend one to a mate, or even a girl-who's-your-friend (as opposed to girlfriend). I use them in my relationship anyway, so I always (well, nearly biggrin ) carry them.

Now, were they flavoured, ribbed or extra safe? ubblol ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Slightly off-topic

While in an establishment known as the "Coal Hole" on the Strand, Dr Lightning informed me that carrying condoms in your wallets for lengthy periods of time is a bad idea, as they tend to degrade somehow and become more likely to fail.

We then went to see Star Wars Episode Three: Which Was So Bad I Can't Even Remember The Subtitle Now

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

nucleonnewbie
404 posts

Posted:
you can use condoms for way more than yust ..wel just that. its like having a folding knife while youre not planning to stab anyone, ever. you might run into an apple that you want to loose its skin(for eating purposes) I mean, think of al the tings you could do with a condom. you can carry water in it when youre thirsty or go fishing with it or to a lesser degree, you could use it toe make a catapult with...

so you think Im not a newbie? Ok I'll be the King of the newbies. Nucleon the king of all noobs

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
to follow on from last post: whilst being a very young age (like 13 years ago) used to with mates put said condoms on exhaust pipes out the drags biggrin

Are you up for it?
wink;)

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i'd rather have 1 and not need it, instead of not have 1 and do need it

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
A guy at my school, who was 15 at the time, had a condom at his wallet and "never went anywere without one". 15 for chrissakes. Still, its better than getting a girl pregnant.

He's currently having a lot of trouble with girls cos he can't stay faithful. Git.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Get his favourite girl to fit him with a chastity belt.

biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*shudders at the thought of drinking water from one*
Lube - yum umm

I think it's a case of all men are scum, but are responsible scum...

Possibly

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

7,193 posts

Posted:
thank you very much, i happen to be single

10,530 posts

Posted:
Huh?

confused

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

7,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

I think it's a case of all men are scum,

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Meh, dude - sarcasm smile
hug

Honestly - I think it's a case of ego boosting ("Just in case I get lucky"), responsibilty and practicality.

And not all men are scum - possibly just me.
wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

7,193 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i do have to say though, if your carrying condoms in the remote possibility that they may be needed as water carryers.......i tend to use non-lubed ones haha

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
What the hell is the lube doing on the *inside* anyway????? It's spermicide for those who skived Sex Ed in yr 9! ubblol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Either way - I still don't want to drink it smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

10,530 posts

Posted:
I agree with Durbs.

Ick.

Anything designed to go on the end of a guys thang is a definate "No Drink" zone smile

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
*resists making very poor taste and lewd comment*

Nnnngghhh

Mustn't....make...joke...about...oral...nnngghhh...

wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
What if you need a water balloon to throw at someone real fast?

ubblol

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Written by: nucleon

you can use condoms for way more than yust ..wel just that. its like having a folding knife while youre not planning to stab anyone, ever. you might run into an apple that you want to loose its skin(for eating purposes) I mean, think of al the tings you could do with a condom. you can carry water in it when youre thirsty or go fishing with it or to a lesser degree, you could use it toe make a catapult with...

Yeh you can use Condoms for many things. Such as if u heat one up while its in the packet, you can fit it over a telephone box. Come on tell me you dont wanna do that!!

I personally dont carry condoms around. But then ive always known that there will be condoms at the parties i go to so..

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

10,530 posts

Posted:
The best use for a condom is to inflate it on your head.

Tis hilarious biggrin

(So what if I'm easily pleased?)

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
You people are giving far too many ideas to a guy about to go to university for 'freshers week! biggrin

And the flavoured ones taste disgusting anyway. I'm undecided on whether the taste of lube is *better*... umm

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Why were flavoured condoms invented in the first place?
Like we're going to suck it with a rubber on..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
This week my wallet contains mostly.....moths

I once had a condom packet split in my wallet.....was quite funny paying for goods in a shop with a lubed up card that smelt of rubber ubblol mmmm slippery....poor girl didn't know what to do biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Novelty Value? Maybe if you're paranoid about STDs or you don't know the guy... Maybe...

10,530 posts

Posted:
Cold sores.

Yuck.

wink

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I would laugh at that, but the thought is too busy making me go "EEEEEWWWWWWW..." biggrin

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
i think its always a good idea to carry a condom in your wallet even in long term relationships, its not just in case the oppertunity to cheat comes up (well at least i'd hope not) its just incase your partner forgets to take their pill, or thats the reason i carried one in my last relationship (all 16 months of it)

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Some guys just do it for an ego boost so they can brag to their friends. An ego boost is good for you every now and then smile

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!