Forums > Social Chat > Trial By Fire: Three's???

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, in lew of this past year I have been forced to stop and really look at things in my life, and my choices. I have been asked if perhaps "fire" or the fire gods are trying to send me a message, and if so what? I have been asked if I think that perhaps the great Goddess Pele is taking vengence out on me for using her name? Karmic lessons. Paying dues for success yet to come. You name it, the theory has run through my head or been voiced to me.

Recently a friend said "Well, things happen in 3's. What's the 3rd fire incedent and what happened to you after each one?"

1. Last year I interviewed for a job and found out that day that my friend whom I lost touch with on a bad note was killed in a fire. I was devastated. I didn't get that job in particular but the interview lead to better performing opportunities.

2. February (or thereabouts) of last year we leave the house because a storm knocked out the power and the heat here (which the US Northerners and Canadians can attest, it is damn cold). We went to warmer ground. I get a phone call the next day that part of my house caught fire, but only my room with all my belongings were charred. About a week or two later, I start to land some really huge performing accounts one after another.

3. July I suffer through a fire breathing accident. Now I am faced some amazing opportunities that I could never even dream about, not just fire performing either, and I am really confused as to where to go and what to do next.

Each of these, what I have come to affectionately call my personal "Trials by Fire", seem to have created something better in my life, or at least opened my world for the better opportunities.

I have never been a huge subscriber to things happening in three's, or pre-paying in the Karmic dues area or anything. I will say it, sure, because of the superstition and habit, but now I am rethinking my belief structure.

Have you encountered any thrilling three's for yourself (not THREESOMES , things happening in threes! )? To what end? Or do you not believe in this at all?
Thanks from a curious mind.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
well i always thought of things like this as coincidence (sp) but that seems like a whole bunch of coincidences all in the same aspect, fire. kinda interesting, ive never had anything like this happen to ma, at least not that i know about or acnowleded (sp) but i always like to hear about wierd things happening. i dont really have any advice for ya but it seems fire is good luck for you.

You could say you have concerd (sp) the fear of fire and masterd the flame.

interesting!!!

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I can't think of any good examples right now, but i have to say i don't belive in coincedence. not to say i belive in three's (altho i belive a bit in karma) but just that nothing is truly an accident.

It's kind of weird when you add in that i don't belive in god.

once i said conciousness was an illusion and i belived in fate. I dont quite belive i either, but i guess i'm good at cotradicting myself?

iteresting expieriences tho pele.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
In talking this through with a friend I also realised each experience changed me in different ways.
Experience 1 made me look at the relationships I have and how I relate to people, and it changed me in that aspect.
Experience 2 made me take stock in the material world, what is important to me and what in life a person really needs rather than wants. I learned about myself from a material perspective and have grown.
Experience 3 touched me emotionally and spiritually, and has had the greatest impact on my life of them all.

I found it odd how each one seemed designed to teach me lessons in various areas of my life, but together work towards a better over all person, I think.

I am not really a fate believer or disbeliever. I am not a Karmic holy roller. I do act on superstitions (throw salt over left shoulder, etc.) though I don't believe in them really. It all just seemed interesting.
And trust me Malcolm, I know now that no statement could be more true!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK