Page:
FIRE_SPINNERBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
hello
how dangerous do you think "the malboro" is it is were you put the kero in your mouth and half dip a ciggerette in kero and light it then you asprite the fuel using the cigetrate to ignite it

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: FIRE_SPINNER

hello
how dangerous do you think "the malboro" is it is were you put the kero in your mouth and half dip a ciggerette in kero and light it then you asprite the fuel using the cigetrate to ignite it

You asked this question at the start of the thread and I think over and over again people have answered you, telling you it is very dangerous and advising you that your friend should not be doing it. They have pointed out the flaws and dangers in the method and yet you still keep typing up the same trick as if we are stupid and not understanding you. We understand and we still say its not a good thing to be doing. Your friend is taking a HUGE risk doing it.

I don't really think we can say much more. I think its down to Darwin now.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

FlamingOberonGOLD Member
ohm mani padme hum
134 posts

Posted:
Polythene best explained the biggest reason why it is stupid.... bringing flame to fuel instead of fuel to flame. But Skulduggery best stated the obvious rammifications of this thread, which is that Darwin is the only real law that is going to be applied, because you, FIRE_SPINNER asked a question "for a friend" and then instead of heding any of the advice that arose you defend the legitimcay of such a ridiculous trick and treat a load of people trying to offer you helpful advice as though they were morons. So let "your friend" perform the "marlboro" all he/she/ze wants. It is a stupid idea and apparently every other HoP member who cares enough to comment agrees with that statement. There is nothing else we can do...

KieronGOLD Member
232 posts

Posted:
Make sure your friend reads this thread themselves so they can make there own judgement on the advice given. After that its down to them but I hope they do it a significant distance away from others, so far that people don't have to watch when it goes wrong let alone get hurt themselves.

I do hope you'll heed the advice however because the thought of like minded people trying to duplicate this "trick" is a worrying one.

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:

it is NOT me doing this trick i fire eat i have only fire breathed once at a party using the lamp oil from the mozzi repellers lanterns (and i was not drunk at all)

You were breathing fire with insect repellent fuel? umm

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

87 posts

Posted:
no it is lamp oil with and addative
i re explainded the trick so many times because the risks you stated just did not work with the way i am thinking you do the trick

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:

no it is lamp oil with and addative
i re explainded the trick so many times because the risks you stated just did not work with the way i am thinking you do the trick

are you saying that blowback and all the other risks of Fire Breathing are not possible with this trick?

eek

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

87 posts

Posted:
NO NO NO NO NO it was the answer to a question lurch has
Written by: me

it is NOT me doing this trick i fire eat i have only fire breathed once at a party using the lamp oil from the mozzi repellers lanterns (and i was not drunk at all)

Written by: lurch

You were breathing fire with insect repellent fuel?

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
tap's lord of the dance accross the stage with UglyCowsOfFrance ...

Stupid, but cool, and just as effective at getting attention!

Fyre Breathing is stupid to start with, and yes we still do it... bt we generally don't go out of our way to increase the risk to mentally unstable proportions! (or so i thought anyway)

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

rollerbladez1988BRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey I'm still kind of new to fire breathing so wanted to know a few things if anyone can help me.
I can do the pillar and the ball but are there other things to do?
I only use 96% alcohol as I'm still too nervous to move on to other things. but also i was thinking by adding copper to a flame it becomes green. If i were to put a piece of copper in the torch could i then produce a green pillar? if anyone has any idea on this please let me know.
Thanks

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
hahahaha best question EVER!

how do you aspirate with a cig in your mouth.....a cigar would be way better,.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
FIRE SPINNER:

The "Marlboro Man" is a little more dangerous than the average breath of fire, but not too bad. The reasons should be obvious. It is not a very difficult trick to get down with a little practice, however, and if you are a smart and safe fire breather, you should be able to pull it off fairly easily. Just be sure to practice the technique with water and a non-lit cigarette until you are confident you can do it with the real thing. Also, do not get too much fuel on the cig. You only need to dip the very tip (about a half inch) to get an decent flame.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
So you have the ignition source just a few centimeters away from your face AND you cant properly purse your lips to do the breath... I say go for it and let Darwin decide if its a good trick.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
After 4 years (almost 5), Im sure he has the knack of this trick wink

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
or he's dead....

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
yes, or dead.

The point of the thread is that no matter how you want to explain the trick, its a bad idea. There are much safer tricks that look cooler anyways. Not that fire breathing is ever safe... but the chances of burning your face of go down.

belmakarGOLD Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
copper salts in mouth = copper toxicity

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure how to respond to your question rollerbladez... have you read any of the material on this site?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I've just re-read the whole of this thread.

laugh3

The original question could have been answered in one word: "Very."

grin

Well, maybe not actually, I doubt the cigarette would burn higher than the flashpoint of parafin, so you;d just end up putting the cigarette out.

shrug

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
The simple answer is never the one that's on the HoP threads. Somewhere around here there was a thread of "how moany hoppers does it take to change a light bulb?" sums us up very well.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
One, but another 12 to stand around and say 'I could do that if I had more time' - that many?

Kupo!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: jarleOne, but another 12 to stand around and say 'I could do that if I had more time' - that many?

the question is yet to be resolved, debate is continuing tongue2

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
When we get round to it... wink

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
Speak of the crazy thread... its back and still hilarious! Are we still talking about this trick thing? Have we determined its a bad idea yet and fire breathing with alcohol is a bad idea too?

Raoul_HagenbeekGOLD Member
Pyromancer extraordinair
88 posts

Posted:
ACtually this trick isn't hardly as dangerous as one makes it sound.

First of the cigarett itself won't light the parafin/kerosin...

Try dropping a cigarette in a glass of oil, it will just go out.

The tricky part is indeed the switch from smoke to oil. So he trick can't be done as described.

You need to prepare it. what you do is take a bit of oil in your mouth and pre-dip the cig in oil, then you can ask someone for the audience to light it up for you, or use a candle. It'll burn with a flame and that would get some viewers.

The you do the spitting/breathing part and the oil will be lit by the burning tip.

Risks are:

- Cigarette sticking to the lip and burning you.
- spitting the cig out to low which will result in you only spewing parafin in the air, but nothing to light it with.
- Trying to blow to long zo the fire that starts very near to your face has the time to creep up into the mouth, which can result in a breath-in.
- parafin leaking from the corners of the bud and igniting on your chin)

So yeah the trick is a bit more dangerous then the average firebreathing. BUt not at all as dangerous as people try to make you believe. (when done properly off course.) I wouldn't advice a trick like this to people who haven't got enough experience with firebreathing.

I've done this trick succesfully on two occasions and one time it failed due to the bud flying the wrong way.

If you really want to do a trick like this I'd advice a similair less treachourous trick.

Prepare the same way, but before breathing, take the bud out of you mouth, act as if you are inspecting the burning tip, then breath over it.

Similair effect, less danger (be sure to breath OVER the flame and not on it, or you'll get a nice crispy hand in return.)

What is life, without a little risk!

burning_ninjanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
well I've never tried that one but I have lit a smoke off another spitters blast while passing through and I've fire spat of sparklers so it couldn't be that much different. As for these people ranting raving and preaching about the dangers of fire breathing I have something that shouldn't be news to you, firstly most fire spitters are smokers from what I've seen so are lungs are screwed one way or the other and secondly burns are an occupational hazard in this sport if that scares you then maybe you should take up water sports, three years I've been spitting now I haven't had a single problem no burns no ard's nothing, I also have five students who also have no latent problems with or from fire spitting, yes it's dangerous thats kind of a no brainer but that doesn't mean that it can't be done with out harm. I've spat with most different liquids including petrol and the green flame fuels(tastes worse than anything else though strangely sweet) If your gonna do a fire trick of any kind MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING FIRST! this means research this means study, practice asking a professional for advice, doing it without the fire first so you have some idea of whats going to happen and lastly if you do attempt something and you do get burnt or ard's then for christ's sake take responsibility for your own actions don't blame the sport it never forced you to do it. Sounds bitchy i know but I'm sick of people giving fire spitting a bad name just cause someone they knew didn't have a clue what they were doing!
EDITED_BY: burning_ninja (1251976144)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FIRE_SPINNERwhat is the point in tap dancing What's the point in putting bags of rice in socks and waving them around?

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Page: