Forums > Help! > Where do you get leather?

Login/Join to Participate

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
So I've checked all the craft stores in the area, and no one seems to have any idea where to get leather (though they all have the leatherworking tools... rolleyes)

I want to make some wrist guards. Any suggestions where else I can check, or perhaps a relatively cheap online source?

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
try small places that make leather jackets & the like, they might have some cut offs that will be big enough to use. It works for me a few years ago but that was over here in NZ. Good luck smile

Are you up for it?
wink;)

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
The Leather Factory or Tandy Leather are good places to go. I lucked out and had one in the city where I live but they also have online shops. You can get cheap flawed leather sides from them and every leather tool\accessory under the sun.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
do you need leather?
im sure the animal whos skin it is needs it a bit more then you...

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
go to an op shop and buy an old handbag(or steal your mums old ones like me)

why do you need wrist gaurds?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I was gonna say a cow... yet my wittiness has been watered down by the normal, orthadox responses above.

one day Tams, one day.....

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Bumfro; not if the cow died naturally before it was skinned, had a spare skin in the wardrobe, or never knew freedom before it died devil wink

Leather is needed, it doesnt burn, paraffin doesnt corrode it, and doesnt make it all slippery or warp shape.

Miss Tink, I was going to say "cow" too... oh dear.. frown

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
...or buffalo...

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
...rolling, rolling, rolling, keep those wagons rolling....
umm

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
mmm wagon wheels... yummy!

I8beefy2 - why not google your area for leather goods? or even try the phone book (I know it scares me too!)

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Try Ann Summers. ubblol wink

Or just go to the Bondage thread... devil

Actually, when you say "Wrist Guards" do you mean wristlets, or full fore-arm guards? Cos you could actually (serious suggestion) get some leather restraints and just get rid of the chain if you wanted wristlets.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Why do I need leather? Well if you really want to discuss that vs. synthetic materials I'll start another thread for it. Basically: because I'd rather take the life of a single organism than ruin the environment for and ultimately cause the death's of thousands through the refining of petrochemicals. I would write more on this but I don't want to anger you.

I will check around in the phone book and see if I can't hunt someone down. I see a few people selling animal skins on ebay for relatively cheap (as they are not quality, which is what most people use in actual leather goods sold to market). I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good topic to begin looking under, because "leather" isn't getting me too much... but Google seems to have found more than my local phone book could, so I'm gonna go try some of those. Thanks!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
you're welcome citizen!

yet again, supertammie comes to the rescue.

up up and aaaaawaaaay!!! *flies off towards the horizon*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Basically: because I'd rather take the life of a single organism than ruin the environment for and ultimately cause the death's of thousands through the refining of petrochemicals"

bounce biggrin

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
and enjoy a good steak too while your at it huh?