Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Just found a bottle of ROLF (Reduced Odour Liquid Fuel) in the storeroom at my pub.

After doing an internet search I found a supplier online, they also sell a fuel called Paraffin Extra which is supposed to be a newer odourless fuel.

https://www.caldo.co.uk/paraffin/rolf.htm

https://www.caldo.co.uk/paraffin/extra.htm

Has anyone had experience of using these fuels? I took a small mouthful of the ROLF and used it to breathe, tastes alright and smells a hell of a lot less compared to paraffin. It also ignites in exactly the same fashion.

Is this the new fuel that means that I can actually go to a gig or festival firebreathing and still have a chance of getting a snog?!?!

Mark P

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hmmm.
we're gonna phone them and get some, see what we can do. seems ideal for indoor performance...?

cheers
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
I think I read somewhere before that it's odourless because it's had other additives included in it to make it stop smelling? I dunno what the additives are but I wouldn't risk breathing with it till you can find out if the additives themselves are harmful?

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Tom_ShillSILVER Member
enthusiast
213 posts

Posted:
Yeah, pure parafin smells, so if it doesn't smell it's because they've put something in it. I read in Michal Kahn's 'Poi Spinning' book that generally if fuels seem nicer they're a lot nastier. Pure parafin isn't too harmfull but it stinks, whereas the odourless stuff smells less but has seriously nasty additives. You only have to hold a couple of shots of alcohol in your mouth for a while to feel how much you absorb liquids in your mouth, so I'd definately make sure you know exactly what's in it.

Will those capable of telekinesis please raise my hand?

infoSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Is this post still alive?